inTank Media Baskets

Justin's Mini S

Justind823

I'm setting up a new tank just to put yours to shame.

I hate you. :angry:

GOOD!

So I picked up a nice mushie rock for 20 bucks and this small blasto colony for 20 bucks. It was a good visit to a new store. A store which I didnt expect to find anything I wanted in.

DSC_1674.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1684.jpg

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear this one LFS I go to doesn't understand what they are selling half of the time. I found some really nice paly's and zoas today in the 5 dollar section that I could of easily paid more for. Then, they have a couple crappy looking mushrooms on a rock covered with hydroids for 30 bucks. I don't get it... but I'm not complaining!

Maybe I'll post some pictures today if everything looks happy. I rescaped a bit and pissed everything off but I think I'm finally completely happy with how the tank looks. :D

get me something and ship it here :P

Lol, we'll see.

Get that tank ready and we'll talk coral.

this tank is sweeeet :)

Thanks, bud!

looking good man. I really want to get my hands on one of theses tanks. Maybe a little bit bigger so the overflow box doesn't take up so much room. I'm really diggin your tank especially the blastos.

looking good man. I really want to get my hands on one of theses tanks. Maybe a little bit bigger so the overflow box doesn't take up so much room. I'm really diggin your tank especially the blastos.

Get the Mini M! Almost went for that one, I just wanted to try something smaller for a change. The overflow box is large but I just didnt want to have a HOB filter ruining the look of the whole tank. This is more aesthetically pleasing to me. I'm very happy that I found those blasto's.

Gorgeous! Maybe even GSP along the loc-line. now that would be fresh.

Not a bad idea. I didnt want any gsp in the tank but if it were on the loclines it would probably be very easy to manage.

I just got done with a water change. Its been awhile since the last one...I'm starting to get a little cyano. I've got to keep up with regular water changes.

Pic of on of the cheap frags I got at the LFS

DSC_1718.jpg

These are magicians right?

Cool, I wasn't positive, thanks. Still waiting for one of the polyps to open up!

Other than a head of frogspawn and a green birdsnest frag I'm set on coral atm.

I want to get an anemone shrimp next. I'd also like to get a small goby, I'm just having trouble deciding what one. Any suggestions people?

Yea I had a "pair" in my old 20L. One eventually murdered the other. Thanks a lot Diver's Den!

Good suggestion though, I forgot about them.

Got me some cheap captain america palys too! Normally, I wouldnt be interested in these palys but for 5 bucks a frag I couldnt pass it up. Both finally opened up!

DSC_1725.jpg

So yesterday I picked up a high-fin goby. It's amazing how you can loose a fish in such a small tank. I havent seen it since last night but I hear they can be very shy. Hopefully it'll make an appearance soon. If all goes well I'll consider getting a small pistol for the goby to pair up with but I'm on the fence about that.

Also, last night I made an acyclic lid for the new tank resident. It looks good, but I wish I didn't use such thin acyclic since it's already starting to sag. I had planned on making a mesh lid but they didn't have any useful mesh at HD. I just drilled a bunch of small holes in the acyclic lid for ventilation.

Awesome palys. I wish I could find great deals like that here. I really liked when I had my hi fin pistol pair but you have to be ok with sand storms. It drove me crazy most of the time and in our small tanks a small sand storm can make a huge difference. Also its close to impossible to keep frags on the sand bed because they get hurried and moved around. If you can deal with that stuff I say do it lol.

Awesome palys. I wish I could find great deals like that here. I really liked when I had my hi fin pistol pair but you have to be ok with sand storms. It drove me crazy most of the time and in our small tanks a small sand storm can make a huge difference. Also its close to impossible to keep frags on the sand bed because they get hurried and moved around. If you can deal with that stuff I say do it lol.

Hmm, yea that would probably annoy me. Plus, I've moved my LR around a lot since first setting it up so I'm not sure if its entirely stable anymore. Not enough for a pistol that is. It's still in the back of my mind, I'll see how the goby fairs and go from there.

Some pics of the lid. I'm thinking of making the wholes a little bit bigger.

DSC_1734.jpg

DSC_1735.jpg

awesome job on the lid. i just did the same thing to mine.

Thanks man. I just hope it doesnt sag anymore than it already has...

Yea I said that.

Nice Zoas. I hate the how glass lids look with water beading up on it.

Thankyou.

It's not glass you fool!

I agree though.

It's nice that its recessed with the ada clips. Looking at the tank from the sides you can't really tell there is a lid on it.

Archived