Turns out there are no lighting fixtures for Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LED fixtures for small tanks, or for the newly released stunners which come in longer lengths. This got me thinking there should be a 'modular light fixture kit' which could work for a variety of tanks, both big and small. Here's a first try at this. Please let me know what you think. If there's enough interest I may want to try and KickStart this one.
- The fixture hood and arm lifts UP clearing the stop on the tank braket (10) and rotates back for access to the tank.
- End caps would need to be premade to fixture width. Shown is a 2 width, 12" Panorma setup. You could also create caps for 4 wide and 8 wide as well. If injection mold tooling is too expensive, they could be stamped or machined for different sizes.
- Front and back anodized aluminum extrusions are actually the same part. They can of course be cut to whatever length is desired for lamp. On longer lamps, it might be a good idea to have a two arm setup.
- Extruded heat sink in whatever width desired runs the length of the lamp. Width is a function of the number of bulbs wide. This also could be a single width extrusion with interlocking joints, so only one extrusion tool is needed. Holes in the top of the heat sink will need to be predrilled for cable route.
- Injection molded cap covers the heat sink cable hole and provides a structural attachment for the elbow. Cap extends a number of inches into the elbow. It is shown completely closed, but could extend outwards another 2".
- Elbow is hollow steel tube with 90 degree bend applied. It goes completely down into the bottom arm cap (8)
- Upper arm sleeve is used to lock down on the bracket tab keeping the arm assembly from rotating outwards. (see 1 and 2 in figure below). It also has thumbscrews for adjustment of lamp height.
- Bottom arm cap is attached to tank bracket at hinge point and provides housing for elbow tube as well as routes the cables out the back.
- Two standard dimension Panoramo Pro units fit comfortably in this configuration.
- Tank bracket slides over back of tank and has four thumbscrews to fit it securely.