Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea. They are. However the person I got all my frags from in the beginning has one...that was given to them and well they are tearing down in the next couple months and I'm gonna try to scoop it off of them. If not its either a black long nose or achilies on the hit list.

jedimasterben

Just be warned, I have never seen a person be able to keep an achilles tang for more than a year and a half or so, and most don't last six months. And at $150+ a pop, it's a pretty risky expenditure.

That d2minis setup you are partially mimic is one of my fav tanks ever, I think he had to take it down correct? He even had stealth chambers/pipes to run ecotechs through the overflow wall and not on the glass, very nice.

Yea he took it down and sold it because.of a move to a new house. Yea he did have two 40s hid in in a drywall of the overflow. His tank was 36x36x24 if I'm not mistaken. I won't be.doing the drywall for the vortechs though - even though the idea is genius. I will he.using his idea.for routing wires through the overflow.for the.lights however.

I hate that my phone puts a period between everything....

jedimasterben
Yea he took it down and sold it because.of a move to a new house. Yea he did have two 40s hid in in a drywall of the overflow. His tank was 36x36x24 if I'm not mistaken. I won't be.doing the drywall for the vortechs though - even though the idea is genius. I will he.using his idea.for routing wires through the overflow.for the.lights however.

I hate that my phone puts a period between everything....

My phone does that when I push the spacebar twice accidentally.

Hmmm....I could but I need a recirculating skimmer...its gonna be external ;/ plus I like high dollar stuff haha as bad as it sounds mainly because of quality involved I learned my lesson already and don't want to have any do overs with this tank. It will either be a bubble king or a avast skimmer..and I'm leaning toward the avast heavily.

jedimasterben

I don't know, man. A skimmer is a skimmer, they're gonna all pull the same garbage out of the water.

I forget what brand of skimmer that is, but it is the same one as like a Bubble Magus or something like that, but just without their sticker on it.

Oh man neuwave what a pleasure to have you stop by The thread and really appreciate your input and solid points about the benefits of the angled heat sinks, reassuring the same thing I was thinking ;). Stick around there will be more to come my friend.

Lol I'm online a lot but don't post much. I'll try to get better at that. :happy:

Here's a link to my light I built a year and half ago. The photo is on post number #103. As you can see I placed LEDs on heats inks that are on L shaped hinges which allows me to aim groups of LEDs in many different directions. So I was happy to see you angling your LEDs as well. I know it will look good on your tank.

Angled led photo

Your build turned out aweome...but oh my god dude post 104 is just...heart breaking... :( and im about to move to :\

jedimasterben
Lol I'm online a lot but don't post much. I'll try to get better at that. :happy:

Here's a link to my light I built a year and half ago. The photo is on post number #103. As you can see I placed LEDs on heats inks that are on L shaped hinges which allows me to aim groups of LEDs in many different directions. So I was happy to see you angling your LEDs as well. I know it will look good on your tank.

Angled led photo

Do you have any more pictures of the setup?

That thing is sexy. :naughtydance:

Your build turned out aweome...but oh my god dude post 104 is just...heart breaking... :( and im about to move to :\

+1

IDK if I would have been able to keep going after that, I may have had to take a break from it. That's what I did when the First Fowlr tank I had crashed due to a Hatian Nem Hubby HAD TO HAVE died and killed the tank.

Thanks buddy, ya that particular move really did suck. But I've moved several times with all inhabitants stress free. But that particular time everyhig that could go wrin seemed to. But don't worry it's not as bad as it thinks. That time just really really sucked. Unfortunate events. From what I see you plan very well so don't worry too much. A couple of tips, make sure to cover any buckets or containers tightly. Splashing sucks. Also if your driving more than 30 minutes away use portable aerators. If moving in a uhaul or truck make sure to have someone with you to stay in the back of the truck to prevent anything from tipping.

Thanks, I'm getting a new nikon dslr "hopefully" in a week. So I'll be posting pics like crazy when I do. ;)

+1

IDK if I would have been able to keep going after that, I may have had to take a break from it. That's what I did when the First Fowlr tank I had crashed due to a Hatian Nem Hubby HAD TO HAVE died and killed the tank.

Ya it is totally heart breaking. The biggest killer was losing my flame trio. Though I'm one of those reefers that is past the hump of it just being a hobby but more of a "passion"/obsession. Lol

So you won't see me give up anytime soon. I've even started a second nano in my room and should be wet in 3-4 days. Already have a bin next to my bed full of cycled rock and water. Just need to order new LEDs for the lights. I have plenty of left over heatsinks to build with but want to add a varieted color spectrum like decko has. But just like my previous build it will have angled heat sinks and a unique looking light case.

Thanks buddy, ya that particular move really did suck. But I've moved several times with all inhabitants stress free. But that particular time everything that could go wrong seemed to. But don't worry moving isn't as bad as it seems. I think it's more stress on the reefer than the reef. That time just really really sucked. Unfortunate events. From what I see you plan very well so don't worry too much. A couple of tips, make sure to cover any buckets or containers tightly. Splashing sucks. Also if your driving more than 30 minutes away use portable aerators. If moving in a uhaul or truck make sure to have someone with you to stay in the back of the truck to prevent anything from tipping.

Thanks, I'm getting a new nikon dslr "hopefully" in a week. So I'll be posting pics like crazy when I do. ;)

+1

Ya it is totally heart breaking. The biggest killer was losing my flame trio. Though I'm one of those reefers that is past the hump of it just being a hobby but more of a "passion"/obsession. Lol

So you won't see me give up anytime soon. I've even started a second nano in my room and should be wet in 3-4 days. Already have a bin next to my bed full of cycled rock and water. Just need to order new LEDs for the lights. I have plenty of left over heatsinks to build with but want to add a varieted color spectrum like decko has. But just like my previous build it will have angled heat sinks and a unique looking light case.

Yea I hope my move goes OK I'm only going 4 miles down the road but planning like its a 16 hour trip lol. Its really a shame about the flame trio - but like you all the money that's.gone down the hole and the accidental life lost won't effect my passion for this hobby.

As far as the new dSLR that's awesome! I will be awaiting to see your second tank getting set up - and your new lighting fixture. I can say the added colors have to be doing something relative to the coloration of the corals. They simply look awesome with the ratios I have - just my current setup is limited in spread due to the size and placement of the heatsink so I will really be looming forward to the angled coverage.

Archived