Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

Finally someone besides me who made a led with angled heat sinks. I highly suggest you go with your idea. Your corals will appreciate the extra light that comes from the sides. You will get the added benefit of having corals that have been placed under any tabling/plating corals to thrive not just survive off the reflected light. It also blends the led light together so you'll get less spotlight effect. Can't wait to see yours completed. :D

Oh man neuwave what a pleasure to have you stop by The thread and really appreciate your input and solid points about the benefits of the angled heat sinks, reassuring the same thing I was thinking ;). Stick around there will be more to come my friend.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey bud, haven't been on here much, just stopping by to say I've been watching your planning and I'm liking everything I'm seeing. B)

You'll have to join RC and start another page so you can get a shot at totm. I don't think NR would give it to you with a monster tank. :lol:

Haha Joel - thanks man. I am a member on RC with 3 posts haha! Two of them were asking d2mini about his cube stand because that's what I'm replicating. As far as TOTM meh who knows lol, rather get it with this tank before it goes down but probably not likely. In all honesty at this point this has just become a way for me to share some knowledge and ideas. And more then likely I will continue my journey on NR because I hate RC lol because every section is like our beginner section lol. When its up and running you'll have to come by and stare at it with me for a couple hours. It would be nice once I'm in a house maybe I could start a local club and host some meetings - I don't think there's a local thing in deleware

There are very few tanks with lights installed at an angle. I'm sure you've seen Nineball's huge L shaped Canadian tank. all along he's had Mr. Wilson as an expert and he installed some of his Orphrecks at an angle.

^ Nice!! You new setup is already making me jealous!! I want bigger aquarium but top floor condo makes the gf paranoid about an explosion so my new custom PicO will have to hold me over till we sell the condo and buy a house.. Maybe 2 years... All I want is a 3 car garage and a big basement.. She can have whatever else she wants

Haha yea....I kinda had the same thing going here....3rd floor apartment....then we got a house being built and the tank plans changed...I pretty much told her im claiming the bay room and she concured with a nod...lol then told me one room will be an exercise room...and I double concurred

Speaking of which last year we had planned to go to the GBR in may and well we ended up cancelling due to my trip to California and buying a house...so I get to dip into the vaca monies a little bit which should help out with the build

Ok...thinking like a woman here. Since this will be your forever set-up...don't forget to include a plan for child-proofing said set-up ;)

Had to say it :)

surgicalsense
Ok...thinking like a woman here. Since this will be your forever set-up...don't forget to include a plan for child-proofing said set-up ;)

Had to say it :)

.. this includes rubber corner bumpers :P

Ha aha...the top of the tank is 60 inches.....I will childproof the doors when the time comes lol now that I think about it....I may make it a 48 inch stand...lol

Ha aha...the top of the tank is 60 inches.....I will childproof the doors when the time comes lol

Oh...there will be doors? I thought you were running smaller tanks below the big tank. Guess I didn't follow along very well :lol:

surgicalsense
Ha aha...the top of the tank is 60 inches.....I will childproof the doors when the time comes lol now that I think about it....I may make it a 48 inch stand...lol

Frosted glass doors would look kinda cool. Random idea.

surgicalsense

That is really pretty and the frosted door idea would suck with that stand concept. I love the dark stain. What interior, will that be stained also?

You saw the sketch up 4 pages back?

One big tank with supporting tanks. I sold the 12"cubes and returned the 24inch cubes to the lfs

The interior will be white laminate just like that

Walkaroundcubebleh.png

Cube.jpg

Yep...that's the picture I saw. So one of those is a sump and the other two will be species tanks? If so, that's why I suggested the child-proofing. I didn't know you were going to have doors on the stand.

Haha ;p

Well the one with the socks will be the sump, the one under the mini stand will be a 30 gallon refugium and the Shortie tank on the mini stand will be the frag tank. I decided not to do a species specific tank and just make a massive cube dominated in sps with a island for anemones and an island for euphyillias. Sand bed eventually will be blast/a can/clam garden - however clams will be QT this time around and will all be introduced at once to make sure there are no pyramids or a new guy to introduce PM.

Stock list as I posted in another thread will he my current stock with the addition of

Blue spot leopard wrasse pair

Achilies tang or gem tang

Blood shrimp

And a school of orange midget chromis

Archived