ReefCleaners.org

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

I want a birds nest collection too. I have a purple poly and a ponape...I really wanna get a green and blue bird. But in all honesty I really want more acro's and montis lol. Maybe I'll eventually get some pocis and stylos

Looks like your gonna need to get yourself a bigger tank! ;)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha. My job to please is just make sure it looks pretty and have active fish.....which means....I'll have 135 more display gallons....or I'll be easy on it and say 12 more fish lol

Yea they do! Welcome to Maryland. Haha. I received 4 quotes back - and decided that Steve of Great Lakes Aquariums will be the builders. They will be building the tank, stand, sump, and frag tank and refugium. It will be 1/2inch glass and closed loop. I'll be using the same principle d2mini did with his cube routing the lighting wires through the overflow . With a herbie drain. Who wants to buy my vortechs and starphire 25 lol

I'm stopping by the house to see progress soon - I will take a picture of the room its going in. House settlement is june15th and my apartment least is up august 1st. I'm going to try to get it built so I can cycle and move to the new tank the last two weeks of july

surgicalsense
I'm stopping by the house to see progress soon - I will take a picture of the room its going in. House settlement is june15th and my apartment least is up august 1st. I'm going to try to get it built so I can cycle and move to the new tank the last two weeks of july

:happydance:

Nice pictures! Brit is so cute :)

That fish room is gonna be pretty sweet :happy:

Haha yea I :wub: her!

You got a house! Congrats. And you're gonna have a fish room? Sweet. What else have I missed?

Thanks man! Yea that room with the bay window(second pic) will be the walk around cube room. I reverted back to my need for a big cube after convincing Brit it would look amazing and showing her the cubes below posted in hypes thread. Other then that - one purple rain died. Other other is in the pistol/goby hole.

this japanese reef

1-1.jpg

the oregon reef

2-1.jpg

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_philosophy.htm

and last

fts_5.jpg

Nice job

6x6 would cost another 2500 in LED lighting adding another 36sqft of surface area to be lit.

The tank would cost 3-4k more and it would be an 8500~ upgrade for just tank and lighting vs 3700....

why not go with t5's? how long is the light build going to take lol!

No shimmer, no sunrise/sunset. I like LEDs and they're ability to he controlled and I can change the color tempurature throughout the day for growth and viewing. The cost will eventually pay for itself as this won't be a temporary set up. It will be the tank I'll keep till I'm old and wrinkly.

It will be the tank I'll keep till I'm old and wrinkly.

:lol:

Sweet. I can't wait to see it all come together. Japanese reefs are amazing. True inspiration.

hype went back to t5

tron is still led

medred went t5/mh

Im still led cause I get awesome growth and coloration. have I thought about switching? yes. Have I thought about combo's? yes. But I will always have LED. If you guys remember I had one of the first "full spectrum" builds on the site less then a couple months after the radion came out. I still have the broadest selection of diodes on my build and love everything about leds, its just the science of ratios is a little difficult.

also its hard to pay for another lighting system when larger tanks like that are already set up....you know...so it is what it is

I considering doing an LED/T5 combo on my tank. Recently I took a 2 bulb T5 fixture with a 10k and antinic bulb, and I put it over my tank and mixed and matched with my LEDs. I was ultimately not impressed. The T5 color was so washed out. I went back to all LEDs and I'm very happy.

Archived