Pod Your Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

Brad, such a lovely little video, very sweet music and yes can see all the fishies, so cute.

Question: was it the angle or did you just feed, the water looked cloudy?

2nd question: is the mandy fattening up? what have you tried feeding it?

Missed the clam :/

The mandarin is finally fattening and eating new life spectrum and mysis( he was actually laying in his pellet pile in the video). Lol I dunno what music is on there now YouTube changed it again meh...and yea poor clam.... Yes I had just fed mysis, cyclo, new life pellets, red sea reef energy(amino and carbs - its why the water looks toxic green lol). The red sea 2 part reef energy is amazing and I honestly believe I have it to thank for the growth and vibrant colors - aside from lighting and water quality.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't know my video was that bad haha....

I had planned to watch it today ;)

Great video. I'm still amazed (but thrilled) the mandarin is still around!!!!! That's great news about him plumping up. Great job, Dad :)

surgicalsense
Haha thanks. What do you mean which one? And yea that.living room shot was from when I was first setting up the tank. Pretty gnar haha

I thought there was a few homes you viewed? B)

Haha only took 5 months of him hanging by a thread....definitely a fish that is picky and hard to maintain even considering he was an ORA mandarin

And yea as there were a few - in the end we ended up deciding to build

surgicalsense
Haha only took 5 months of him hanging by a thread....definitely a fish that is picky and hard to maintain even considering he was an ORA mandarin

And yea as there were a few - in the end we ended up deciding to build

A new build! Nice, how exciting is that. The only build I am getting is my kids Legos :lol: ... L said he is going to find a really cute Adobe in NM for me. So we shall see :D

The mandarin is finally fattening and eating new life spectrum and mysis( he was actually laying in his pellet pile in the video). Lol I dunno what music is on there now YouTube changed it again meh...and yea poor clam.... Yes I had just fed mysis, cyclo, new life pellets, red sea reef energy(amino and carbs - its why the water looks toxic green lol). The red sea 2 part reef energy is amazing and I honestly believe I have it to thank for the growth and vibrant colors - aside from lighting and water quality.

Do you feed nutramar ova?

I'm getting live brine and blood worms this weekend (hopefully if the store here is still open after I get back with a boat load of coral from Mr Coral woot) so I was going to try to gut load the brine with selcon and phyto and then feed my mandy. Next on the list is selcon soaked live bloodworms. And if he likes those things I'll start to mix new life spectrum and hikari mysis.

There is a small possibility I might be visiting Dr Mac (still working out the details with the family) so if that is the case I'll txt you, maybe you and Britt are free for a red bull or something.

Do you feed nutramar ova?

I'm getting live brine and blood worms this weekend (hopefully if the store here is still open after I get back with a boat load of coral from Mr Coral woot) so I was going to try to gut load the brine with selcon and phyto and then feed my mandy. Next on the list is selcon soaked live bloodworms. And if he likes those things I'll start to mix new life spectrum and hikari mysis.

There is a small possibility I might be visiting Dr Mac (still working out the details with the family) so if that is the case I'll txt you, maybe you and Britt are free for a red bull or something.

Yes I do feed ova. I started off with live brine and ova. Then cyclopeeze then frozen brine. The frozen bloodworms. Then new life spectrum pellets and my sis and now I'm trying to get him to eat krill cause it has the most protein

Let me know

haha joel there is another pic of it below...when i said 62 eyes and it was the size of my palm spread out i wasn't kidding lol

IMG_20120405_191814.jpg

IMG_20120405_191754.jpg

IMG_20120405_191624.jpg

IMG_20120405_191531.jpg

IMG_20120405_191307.jpg

IMG_20120405_191246.jpg

That's my purple polyp birds nest but a horrible picture of it lol. Here's a better pic of coloration its the frag I cut off it for criley

IMG_20120328_184936.jpg

Also my farted idea involves 700watts / 11.9 amps of LEDs.....

surgicalsense

Those carpet nems are cool. I am curious about them, but I know it would not be ideal for my tank.

They are pretty tame SS.....my bubble tips on the other hand - one died/ had a hole through its mouth to foot. The other one is in my pistols burrow lol..SOB

I farted an idea

:lol:

Looks great though!

How are your plans on the 3 tank system going? Or have you put it on pause as you will be moving soon?

:lol:

Looks great though!

How are your plans on the 3 tank system going? Or have you put it on pause as you will be moving soon?

:ninja: oh its now a secret....browse my posts today and you may find the answer...it will still be multiple tanks however I believe this will he more epic....

surgicalsense
They are pretty tame SS.....my bubble tips on the other hand - one died/ had a hole through its mouth to foot. The other one is in my pistols burrow lol..SOB

:blink: your huge pistol took it hostage?!? Now that is crazy. Do you think the pistol is snacking on it?

:ninja: oh its now a secret....browse my posts today and you may find the answer...it will still be multiple tanks however I believe this will he more epic....

:huh:

Your going to make me read all that! :o Man my head hurts already! :P

:blink: your huge pistol took it hostage?!? Now that is crazy. Do you think the pistol is snacking on it?

Nah it pops out of the hole just meh

:huh:

Your going to make me read all that! :o Man my head hurts already! :P

4ft x 4ft x 18inches. 12 inch cubes built into the face of the stand. And my current tank in between them. Brit gave me the go head to use the front room of the house with bay windows as a walk around tank room. I returned the 2 24 inch cubes to the lfs and trying to get quotes on a tank and stand - I wanna create a large version of hypes tank. Hence the 700w of DIY LED posted above. It will be like siwelks and be a long build. Mainly because it will have 204 LED diodes....and I want the stand professionally built

I'll post a picture of the room later

That's my purple polyp birds nest but a horrible picture of it lol. Here's a better pic of coloration its the frag I cut off it for criley

IMG_20120328_184936.jpg

Very nice. I think I'm gonna start a birdsnest collection. I just need to get my frag rack ;)

Brit gave me the go head to use the front room of the house with bay windows as a walk around tank room. I'll post a picture of the room later

She's awesome :happy:

surgicalsense
Very nice. I think I'm gonna start a birdsnest collection. I just need to get my frag rack ;)

Gena ... did you order it? I hope.

I want a birds nest collection too. I have a purple poly and a ponape...I really wanna get a green and blue bird. But in all honesty I really want more acro's and montis lol. Maybe I'll eventually get some pocis and stylos

Archived