Cultivated Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

Did it come to you from DD with the disease? I would be contacting them about it if so!!!! I'm sure you've thought of that though.

Sorry to hear this :(

I finally broke down and called them. It had to of come from DD with the disease and the snails that were on its shell irritated it to stress it out initially and now they're breeding in my tank in controllably lol. Meh. We shall see what they say when they call me back

I'm like a go-between you and my friend, but if it help then I'm glad to do it.

Marc said:

james fatherree and barry neguit , the two most popular clam experts, say metrodonidazole in the fresh water dip can cure it. Clam will bleach out but come back eventually. I would try a half dose of meds the first time and see how it responds.

I am curious where he purchased the clam and how long ago.

Where do you get that? Can you have them contact me at my email kat for info on water to dose ratio? Also it was purchased from divers den February 3rd and I've been having problems since day 8

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do you get that? Can you have them contact me at my email kat for info on water to dose ratio? Also it was purchased from divers den February 3rd and I've been having problems since day 8

I was going to suggest you speak/communicate with Marc directly, just sent him a txt, will txt you.

Welllll. Guess what? Live aquaria ended up asking me how the clam isn't dead yet as they normally pass within a few days of having pinched mantle....meh in other words they know nothing that will help lol

Welllll. Guess what? Live aquaria ended up asking me how the clam isn't dead yet as they normally pass within a few days of having pinched mantle....meh in other words they know nothing that will help lol

Boo :(

Sometimes they are really awesome....and other times, not so much :lol:

Thanks SoCalDude

on a different note...I got a hold of some metronidazole, enough for 10 days of dosing in a 5 gallon QT tank @ 51mg per day...hmmm

Thanks SoCalDude

on a different note...I got a hold of some metronidazole, enough for 10 days of dosing in a 5 gallon QT tank @ 51mg per day...hmmm

Hope it works it really is a pretty pink clam.

That chalice is boss.

+1

Everything in my tank is happy except the clam and the recovering bubbles...the clam I just dont know. It makes no sense. I try high flow I try low flow, I try high light I try low light...meh

Maybe you should try a water change :P

Take a number.

can I have a number on that macro too?

If anybody can cure a clam it will be you. No clam jokes until she's healthy again!

:o :x

I found out the protozoan is dependent on iron which I've been dosing and water change will also add more iron. I've been advised to increase the FW dip length and run heavy carbon to remove the remaining metals in the tank. If three consecutive dips 3 days apart don't fix it I will move to the metronidazole treatmebt

i<3nanotanks

How much was your LED light setup to build? Could you build one like the sol but a full spectrum what would be the price thnx?

Heat sink - 15

Leds - about 170

Buckpucks -108

Wiring under 15

Screws - 8

Grease - 10

Optics 40?

Fans -

Controller - depends

What's exactly do you mean?

Also...I believe the clam has expired.

Hmm I don't think you could without getting a disco...you could do a layout like mine...or similar to a radion...

IMG_20120330_224502.jpg

Yea...it was unresponsive when I got home...and now its sunk into its shell worse then ever before. Shell open...ugh

Archived