Pod Your Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

:lol: squishy distractions.

By far the easiest way to get me side tracked....especially if they jiggle

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your pictures! The growth you're getting is amazing :) Your firefish is amazing too. Mine is the same way, just hangs out in front of his home waiting for junk to float by him.

Thanks Paige...haha wanna know something crazy...the frag plug is still buried under the monti....you can't even see but the tip of it looking at it from the bottom. Definitely reminded me that all the work I do to keep params in check has been paying off.

Thanks MedRed

You remember what I was talking about earlier? as far as Light on the outside of the tank?

This probably shows it best.

IMG_20120312_212501.jpg

IMG_20120312_212518.jpg

IMG_20120312_212605.jpg

this is pretty much where the PAR lies

IMG_20120312_212518-1.jpg

Also this weekend...Im gonna remove half my rocks....and superglue the fuuck out of some vermitid snails and burn some hydroids :P

Its doing, The one part of the mantle still wont extend fully, and its still adjusting to the new place in the tank I think. Its reactions are still A++ and no snails on it, no worms..just needs some love...If I notice a change I will be FW dipping it immediately.

Also....my overflow is driving me insane...Damn thing never stays quiet anymore >.<

I think this is the first time I've noticed your screen cover...nice!

Looks like the ponape is coloring up nicely for you. I still want to try and make room for one of those in my tank. Is it possible? Probably not :lol:

I don't think I've taken a picture of the ponape since I added it, the one you see is a purple polyp BN...hmm I will take a pic right now...

here it is - with the dead branch to the right. It died when I put it in the tank, its black

IMG_20120312_223608.jpg

That screen top is ugly I hate it so much lol

Oh! I thought it was the ponape, and I thought it was growing like mad for you :lol: Think the black will get new growth? My new green birdsnest fell over and landed on some palys. It turned white on one branch in a perfect half circle. It's starting to get new growth on the burn :)

I don't think the screen looks bad at all. Plus, it's saving your fish!

Nah the branch is perm dead - its got forest green coraline/decay on it it just never recovered, but nothing else was affected. the acan I have that the sexy half ate is coming back...but its not regrowing over where corraline grew, you gotta keep frags clean for them to regrow over old skeleton. As soon as algae gets over any skeleton it wont grow there - unless it encrusts over its own skeleton...weird huh

You could just clip off the dead piece. I had a monti that was burned by my torch. I finally got tired of looking at the dead piece and had use my coral trimmer. Looks much better now.

Could you just retro 4 T5 bulbs and your LED's into a fixture?

You could just clip off the dead piece. I had a monti that was burned by my torch. I finally got tired of looking at the dead piece and had use my coral trimmer. Looks much better now.

Haha I could clip it off....but its the size of my thumb nail.

As far as a fixture - I could retro 4 t5 bulbs in. Or the opposite find a my/t5 fixture and retro the leds into the Mh spot....

Looks great. Love the black sand. Mine never stayed looking like that in my biocube. Names of your livestock are funny as hell.

I've been thinking about the same thing for my tank MR. The colors looks a little flat. I've had some Alk issues recently. I'll give it some time, but I was thinking a hybrid fixture would be awesome. I wish there was a way to upgrade to a 40B cheaply.

Looks great. Love the black sand. Mine never stayed looking like that in my biocube. Names of your livestock are funny as hell.

Haha yea it was fun naming all the little bastards

Deckoz2302: Can you teach me how to take nice tank picture under the blue light?

Sure thing. First thing is what type of camera? Whatever camera your using you will always want to lower your exposure and white balance - settings are dependent of the camera. Also whatevet lighting system your on my guess is LED? Dim your leads to about 50-60% and bring your whites up to around 20%. This will help it so the lens doesn't just get radioactive blue pictures as it provides the lenses with another spectrum to register which will help adjusting your exposure and white balance to get crisp pictures. Mine are OK but nothing when compared to rehype or tron. Anyway once you start shooting what you want is you wanna be slightly over exposed but not so much that its washed out. Then just open the picture in a photoeditor and raise the contrast by 1-10points and lower the brightness by 1-5points...and it will bring all the colors out and get rid of what looks like a white haze overlay. Takes some practice but once you get close with the settings on your camera you'll know. if say you had a DSLR we could go further into this by adjusting shutter time going into shutter priority with manual focus ect ect. Let me know if that helps any! And PM me if you want or feel free to show me some pictures of where your at and maybe I can help out some more ;)

Its doing, The one part of the mantle still wont extend fully, and its still adjusting to the new place in the tank I think. Its reactions are still A++ and no snails on it, no worms..just needs some love....

I think you can handle the loving part ;) (Jokes about your pink clam are never going to get old)

I love the way the tank is looking, Brad. You have such nice stuff, *drool*. How's the progress on the clownfish/anemone tank going?

Oh, also I meant to ask you, did you ever name anything in your tank after me? I'm still concerned that you wanted to name one of the sluts after me :P

I think you can handle the loving part ;) (Jokes about your pink clam are never going to get old)

I love the way the tank is looking, Brad. You have such nice stuff, *drool*. How's the progress on the clownfish/anemone tank going?

Oh, also I meant to ask you, did you ever name anything in your tank after me? I'm still concerned that you wanted to name one of the sluts after me :P

Haha yea the clam jokes are always fun. Thanks for the compliments Felicia. I finally added the 60 degree optics to the whites - they were on back order and I got them under yesterday.

The clown tank is waiting on the sump. And the sump is waiting to be put together. I'm picking up the baffles tonight. Moving slow haha.

Nah I didn't name anything after you lol...not yet anyway hahaha

You're very welcome!

Nothing wrong with doing it slow. That way you'll make sure you get everything just the way you want it, and if you're already working on one project you won't get as antsy to do something else. Now that my 30 gallon is done, it makes me want to set up the 10 gallon with something cool. I'm resisting the urge though and limiting myself to just the one tank.

I just had to check about the naming things, because I was all concerned what you'd pick next after I said you couldn't name one of the sluts after me. :lol:

Haha.....10 gallon project =DIY sump for you ;p

Ugh! I know I should do it, but I just don't want to do all that plumbing. I totally see that turning into me flooding my living room. Plus my 30 gallon seems to operate great without the sump. I've been going 2 weeks between water changes without any amm or nitrate spikes, so my HOB AC70 fuge mod and skimmer seem to be doing the job.

Archived