Pod Your Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmm what shall I do next....I think I've finally decided to go with glass baffles for the sump - however I need to figure out how I'm going yo accomplish siliconing them in hHa

Brad, is the color in the corals because of the lights or the Red Sea program you've been dosing?

Ditto
They are so cool...
And also that fishy that Kat pointed out too.

My LFS had an ORA gold assessor yesterday, and inexpensive too, except he didn't look all that compared to this liveaquaria picture. At first I also thought the fish was sick then I remembered, basslets like to be upside down sometimes. :lol:

Brad, is the color in the corals because of the lights or the Red Sea program you've been dosing?

My LFS had an ORA gold assessor yesterday, and inexpensive too, except he didn't look all that compared to this liveaquaria picture. At first I also thought the fish was sick then I remembered, basslets like to be upside down sometimes. :lol:

I would have to say a mixture of both. If you go back a couple pages you'll see my tank with diff leds on. I would say the lights have changed some of the pigmentation of the corals since originally placed - however they're vividness I would say is due to the RS RCP I have been dosing. At first everything started to brownout. But now everything has adjusted and has colored up nicely.

Assessors come from light to dark pigmentation especially the ORAs not being as vivid as a wild caught one. But they also like to lurk in the shadows so they're coloring can be deceiving .

Hmmmmm what shall I do next....I think I've finally decided to go with glass baffles for the sump - however I need to figure out how I'm going yo accomplish siliconing them in hHa

Don't take advice from me, the dunce of DIY, but I think what you do is tape them in place, silicone the non tape areas, once it's dry, remove the tape and silicone those areas.

Haha yea - the design I made is a bit different the center runner down the bottom of the sump under the refugium to separate the front of the sump from the back is the only thing giving me troubles. Its a bit hard to explain the design - I will post a DIY when I start assembling. If you can imagine the refuge hovering in the middle of the sump with a 1 inch stand of glass holding up the center and each side - the sides don't need to be water tight however the center line does to make the dual flow separator effective. Basically I will need to silicon the 1 inch glass pane to the refugium base. Then lay down tape in the sump silicon in between the tape then slide the base of the fuge on top of it. Smooth out the silicon and remove the tape...in a 1 inch gap. I know that probably makes no sense...lol

You see the 3 month growth pics joel?

I did see the growth, you have hit your stride with the tank, it looks very good. I'm starting to see stuff take off once again after the water change/parameter fiasco.

Growth and all the additions in three months.......WOW.

Hey Brad, does your hellfreaky look like that in real life??? What color!

I did see the growth, you have hit your stride with the tank, it looks very good. I'm starting to see stuff take off once again after the water change/parameter fiasco.

Thank you masta haha

Growth and all the additions in three months.......WOW.

Hey Brad, does your hellfreaky look like that in real life??? What color!

Yea I was surprised to looking back! So crazy!

And yep that's what the helfrich looks like.

Here's the unedited of that photo

IMG_20120310_175114.jpg

Here's the edit for side by side

Helfrich-1.jpg

Me too haha the assessor and her are buddies and they follow one another whenever the clowns are roaming. Normally both of them are bobbing along right where the helfrich is in that pic waiting for something to float by to eat....####in fatties

They're just like me...eat 12 meals or so a day ha aha...hmmm I est something every time I get in my truck lol

They're just like me...eat 12 meals or so a day ha aha...hmmm I est something every time I get in my truck lol

You and my Hubby do that and are skinny guys! Not fair I have to do Crunches once a week to keep this little tummy from being anything but flat!

Damn men and their ability to stay thin! :P

Haha....damn women and they're squishies of distraction....

:lol:;)

Those have gotten bigger in the last 7 years as well...... so has my butt.......

Oh well A likes them! Thats all that matters!

I like how Britt distracts you with them and brownie mix! Thats Hot! ;)B)

Archived