ReefCleaners.org

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha....not in the past it didnt....pffft when i lived at my parents, (someone was always there cause mom works from home) and people outnumbered the cats....haha

My male cat snores too! IDK why but he does! It's so funny!

Decko we always outnumbered the cats and have a dog, but the cats still rule the house. My big 15# Male Tabby cat will walk up to the dog and swat her so he can have her warm spot. :angry: He gets the shoe for that! :P

So I came home to a clam that was freaking out convulsing with PPM(partial pinched)....took 10 min to study the clam to see if I saw anything, and I found what looked like black rock boring worms at the edge of the mantle....I took the clam out and inspected it for snails, bristle worms ect, but only found these holes in the shell close to the mantle w/ a black head popping in and out like a groundhog....Took ten minutes to scape the holes with a ice pick then shoot the holes with refacto baster(cause its small), followed by a quick trip with the dremel & die grinder(less then 30 seconds to grind the holes/tunnel off). Replaced the clam back into the tank and the PPM is gone and its fully extended again...I had concerns yesterday, but today just made it obvious something was wrong. hopefully I didnt stress it out to much as it was only outta the tank(in a bowl of water) for 5 min...then rinsed in fresh saltwater...we shall see

also this redsea reef care....is awesome, 13 new nubs on the purple polyp bird, 6 of the acans are splitting into multiple(but tiny) heads...and the loisettae has a 1/4 nub ive never noticed before....interesting. And my inverts...since starting the colors(iron/iodide/potasium) theyre exoskeletons have the brightest shells imaginable....the tiger pistol's purple is soooo cool

Lol sand...i honestly didnt know what else to do. I seached for black worms boring into tridacna clams and couldnt find anything. I just knew i had to do something. Ugh...

Thanks jacob.

Ss. You know treat pink clams good

surgicalsense
I heard that takes a bajillion years.

... that is what he said.

Put sand in it. Make pearls.

I thought pearls were a combination of sand and clam poo?

Ss. You know treat pink clams good

Look here perv boy :lol: ... drilling your clam :lol:

* I wasn't going their originally.

yea...they came out as black mush i shoulda taken a picture before i messed with them and stabbed them with a paper clip..., but it had 2 antenae with a green dot in between them, I didn't think to take a picture I was more worried about getting the clam back in the tank

Dead center of pictures, hole in the shell...head of the thing peeping...damn...oh this clam is gonna hate me for doing this twice....

P2080097.jpg

P2080096.jpg

....the fact that it has my clam convulsing and retracting its mantle...yes im worried about THAT worm tube and the worm popping its head out irritating the mantle

Archived