ReefCleaners.org

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a guy put his mp10 on the backwall of his RSM. He put it in the electrical box space, which is what I'm gonna do when (someday) I get me a sump.

Its going ok just a calamity of stuff going on. Britt's almost back to herself except her right hip. Anxious about my new tank and happened to find a video of a tank of similar dimensions being set up haha

The car an house situation are really just...wtf, I definitely had a Friday the 13th yesterday

-Builder of the house is going to get told whats really good. He ordered colors after we told him we were going to pick colors for, the siding, fron door, kitchen counter top & cupboards/cabinets, Appliances, tile in bathroom, bathroom counter tops, Ceiling fans......bastard

-The car got paid off and we ended up on top with some money in our pocket cause we were a year ahead on payments...however. I called GAP, Security Guard and Extended Warranty services to cancel them due to total loss so I could receive a partial refund. Well here is where it gets fun, last year when we were buying a vehicle the one we were interested in got sold while we were in the middle of the deal. So we had to pick another, we went into the finance office and signed etc, only to get home and find out they had the wrong VIN number on our contract. We returned to have the contract rewritten and VIN number corrected. Well they continued to file GAP, Security Guard and the Extended Warranty under the VIN number of the vehicle we did not own. So in essence we paid for a service for a vehicle we did not own, basically we never owned the service or the coverage and I will be opening suite against the dealership because they have denied me a full refund of the monies, and have tried to get me to sign new paper work - which isn't going to happen.

Lovely ####in friday. I just wanted good news on friday and it was one bad thing after another...

Ugh...what a lousy Friday :( Here's hoping that the weekend turns out a million times better :happy:

Love the kitty photos!!!!! Guess she doesn't mind water, huh? I don't think you'd catch my cats doing that, ever. They HATE to get wet!!!!! Last time I gave my one cat a bath he retaliated by peeing in my son's bed :angry:

He will no longer get baths by me. If it's absolutely necessary, he will go to a groomer :lol:

Nope weekend not getting better. Builder said take it or leave it....we're meeting this after noon so i can look at the colors. However more then likely now I have to worry about recovering funds we put down toward the contract that isn't being followed.

And the cat...she would just drink from the faucet if I turned it on, and then bath herself with the water lol

The contract would state if you are allowed to choose your own trim colors or not. If he said it to your face to get you to sign the contract, that is a whole other deal. You are probably wondering which is a lesser evil, if getting out of contract or trying to re negotiate or repaint is better for you. With the house i had built some years ago, anything I wanted that was different, I had an addendum to contract done.

Kitty is cute!

GL on that contract, they should have asked about the colors before they painted as you had a bunch of stuff you decided to do custom to begin with. Not cool.

The choose colors are on the contract. I just met with him this afternoon - everything he picked out is fine except the color of the corian countertops and sink. I kindly reminded him corian sheets are built to order and more then likely they haven't even made the resin yet. So over this one thing my options to you are call and have the color respecified before they mix the resin or we walk..... I swear people don't get it. If your not going to do what I want why would I spend my money on what your offering. We will se on Monday what he says

Cube.jpg

....starting the pieces and layout of pumps and reactors...I got bored so I figured I would start a render...

now to add plumbing, reactors, wireing.

surgicalsense

Okay caught up ... Glad the changes on the home build worked itself out in a frustrating kind of way. Love the cat in the sink picture. Must love our random acts our kept keys do :P ... glad to read Brit is almost back to herself, that hip is gonna be a pain unfortunately.

Tank sketch up thing looks really cool. However you know I do not understand much of what is going on with it, since I am in AIO la-la land :P

You make my head spin with possibilities Brad.

Me too. I feel like such a newb when reading through thread lately lol.

Tank sketch up thing looks really cool. However you know I do not understand much of what is going on with it, since I am in AIO la-la land :P

Me too :P I was thinking the other day how I don't eve know anything about plumbing cause I've just have my cube with chambers.

Hope all that contract stuff works out! Glad Britt is okay.

jedimasterben
Its going ok just a calamity of stuff going on. Britt's almost back to herself except her right hip. Anxious about my new tank and happened to find a video of a tank of similar dimensions being set up haha

smokin jesus titty cinnamon, that thing is amazing! I love simple bommies like that, and it's kinda what I have planned for my new tank (48x24x12). I hope being shallow it doesn't make it harder, guess I'll just have to use smaller rocks! :)

Did you watch the latest video of that tank?

Sketchup is sexy sexy. I may or may not be drooling.

btw, still working on an alternative to your lighting. Got a good plan that should be scat-loads cheaper for you than using a truckload of XM-Ls at 2.1A.

B)

Going to be sick. How is the flow going to work? From the one with the skimmer in it to the other two or vice versa?

Just want to picture it. ;)

Lol, first time using sketchup trying to get the hand of it, lol so im slow :P. I do appreciate the compliments though lol

this is kinda how the plumbing will go I think - And one drain to the small cube one drain to the refugium under the frag tank

Walkaroundcube.png

jedimasterben

Ok, I just took some time and came up with an LED plan.

Here's what you had, along with the estimated cost (what I could figure, anyway) of the LEDs and drivers only:

30x XM-L = $207

2100ma, 3.2v, 6.72w, 663lm

96v, 202w, 19890lm

Buckpucks = $72

48x XT-E RB = $156

850mA, 3.15v, 2.68w, 1150mW

151.2v, 129w, 55200mW

Buckpucks = $110

30x XP-E cool blue = $108

700ma, 3.4v, 2.38w, 49lm

102v, 72w, 1470lm

Buckpucks = $79

60x violet = $324

525ma, 3.3v, 1.75w

198v, 105w

buckpucks = $141

24x turquoise = 60

588ma, 3.5v, 2w

84v, 48w

Buckpucks = $63

12x deep red = $24

525ma, 2.3v, 1.2w

27.6v, 14.4w

Buckpucks = $32

12x uv = $???

???

$1160 + UV total, 571w + UV

Here's what I propose:

20x XM-L = $139

3000ma, 3.35v, 10w, 845lm

67v, 200w, 16900lm

Driver = $90

48x Luxeon Rebel ES RB 440-450nm = $172

1000ma, 3.1v, 3.1w, 1620mW

148.8v, 149w, 77760mW

Driver = $60

20x OCW = $138

500ma, 8.6v, 4.3w

172v, 86w

Driver = $101

20x turquoise = $50

588ma, 3.5v, 2w

70v, 40w

Driver = $30

20x violet = $90

525ma, 3.3v, 1.75w

66v, 35w

Driver = $30

$900 total, 510w

Clustered like so (this is on a 12x12 design, you can adjust to fit your heatsinks available)

deckozledclusters.jpg

Explanation:

Dayummmmmmmmmm dude! You're buying the XM-L's at a big premium over the XP-G, why not run them at close to full strength (they can definitely go beyond 3A)? I'd say four clusters of five over each 24x24 area.

Mate each XM-L one with two Luxeon Rebel ES royal blues at 440nm and 1A (with the 5th, centered XM-L having two more without optics [or wide optics] on it). They are really low wavelength royals, which allows you to use less violet in the tank to get a purplish cast. They also throw out almost 50% more flux than XT-E at what you were proposing to run them at. These can be purchased from Steve's LEDs (this is also where I got my estimated driver cost, you can use bucks for them, too, just adjust the cost accordingly :) ).

As far as exotics, Milad's OCW takes away some complexity, and since you like more turquoise, just add another five per cluster.

And holy violet, Violet! 60x trues with 12x UV? Dude, you will fry anything you stick under them unless you run them turned wayyyyyyyyy down. Combined with the 440nm royals, and the fact that true UV isn't proven to do anything, take them down to 20x total violets.

I think that was everything. Any questions let me know. :D

So from the top down then is the flow?

Looks so awesome! I did a cruddy Sketch up of my new Fuge/SUMP plans lmao so horrible but man it gives me a good look at it. Soon to have Display Fuge. ;)

Kind of, hopefully I'll finish the plumbing and setting baffles in the cube sump tonight along with trying to get the overflow done. Then I'll start equipment/wiring. Then the lights then the shell of the stand.

Flow from main display will drain to cube sump and refugium.

Refugium and cube sump are bulk headed together and will hold same water height.

Reactors come off cube sump

Skimmer is recirculating and will pump from cube sump with outlet in refugium.

Refugium has an internal surface skimmer with a pump inside pumping to the frag tank. Frag tank drains to cube sump. Will probably run my water height at 6 inches which will leave around 30 gallons for drain space when the return pump is off

I don't mean to make you guys feel confused lol. Just trying to share as I go. Thanks for the positive vibes about the house and the tank.

Jedi I'll take a little bit more in depth look. Just as a side note though the ultra violets are 380nm which are still part of the spectrum used for photosynthesis. As far as the true violets - its not for the coloration but more toward peaking the spectrum to similarize it to a metal halide as most bulbs peak heavy in 420 and 440. So its growth purposes intended. Like I said I will take a further look - but I know for a fact I won't be using OCW or at lease in those numbers. Due to the red.

Archived