SaltCritters.com

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
Lol....maybe you just can't see them? All corals have polyps of some form...

It's green with purple spots. No "polyps" that extend out, not even on the mother colony (massive, massive hunk of birdsnest, way bigger than my head).

jedimasterben
Interesting....piktars?

None yet, but I'll try to remember to snap some tonight.

Like this, except the polyps don't extend out.

ponape_lg.jpg

None yet, but I'll try to remember to snap some tonight.

Like this, except the polyps don't extend out.

ponape_lg.jpg

too much flow

jedimasterben

No, it's actually not in flow. The undertow from a MP10 is the only flow this one gets.

The mother colony was in a 220g tank with three MP60s. It was inside a rock in the middle of the tank in low-ish flow, and it has no polyps, either.

No, it's actually not in flow. The undertow from a MP10 is the only flow this one gets.

The mother colony was in a 220g tank with three MP60s. It was inside a rock in the middle of the tank in low-ish flow, and it has no polyps, either.

well in the ora pick you can tell its being blasted, birdnest polyps are fairly large for the branch diameter

jedimasterben
well in the ora pick you can tell its being blasted, birdnest polyps are fairly large for the branch diameter

We'll see how it works out. I don't remember mine even having the "bumps" on it like in the ORA pic.

We'll see how it works out. I don't remember mine even having the "bumps" on it like in the ORA pic.

yours might not be from ora lots of people had that coral before ora introduced it

jedimasterben
yours might not be from ora lots of people had that coral before ora introduced it

Definitely from ORA, the LFS orders from them all the time, they have lots of ORA stuff. The frags they get are all on ORA plugs.

Definitely from ORA, the LFS orders from them all the time, they have lots of ORA stuff. The frags they get are all on ORA plugs.

oh sorry thought you got from a local reefer when you said 220 with three mp60s lfs in md are way too frugal for a sps tank like that :(

jedimasterben
oh sorry thought you got from a local reefer when you said 220 with three mp60s lfs in md are way too frugal for a sps tank like that :(

It only had three or four pieces of SPS in it, it is where they keep their expensive ####. Two birdsnest colonies, and a sylophora were the SPS. They had lots of LPS, Jason Fox chalices, and the bottom was fricken covered in rare/ludicrously expensive zoas and palys.

It only had three or four pieces of SPS in it, it is where they keep their expensive ####. Two birdsnest colonies, and a sylophora were the SPS. They had lots of LPS, Jason Fox chalices, and the bottom was fricken covered in rare/ludicrously expensive zoas and palys.

seems like a waste of a 220 but oh well not my tank hehe

Thanks to supernips thoughts and duoc119s diagram I believe I have found a way to use 2-2" bulkheads for the larger cube and minimalize the size of the overflow by reducing the bulkheads giving me room to possibly setup 3 mp40s in a radial formation in an island overflow that is aprox 9x9"

rebo.jpg

Sex in the making

procreation

Just saw in the 'you named your critter what?!' thread that you named your tiger after me! Glad to know I'm that cool! :lol:

jedimasterben
seems like a waste of a 220 but oh well not my tank hehe

They had some pics of it on FB (they sold the tank and equipment two weeks ago, sad face), I'm at work, but I'll show 'em when I can. The tank was fricken gorgeous.

jedimasterben
Just saw in the 'you named your critter what?!' thread that you named your tiger after me! Glad to know I'm that cool! :lol:
Altair?
Yep! :happy:

..... your name is Altair?

What.png

Surprised.png

GreatScott.png

WhyWithHands.png

:D

surgicalsense
Yes that's a ponape...better picture

Ponape.jpg

Zoa's

Zoas.jpg

Green Acro

GreenAcropora-1.jpg

Chalice

Chalice-1.jpg

Blue-Green Acan

BlueGreenAcan-1.jpg

Purple Polyp Birdsnest

Birdsnest.jpg

Word

Gotta love the blue LEDs :wub: ... pretty Brad.

Archived