Top Shelf Aquatics

chevyjlewis' 14 gallon biocube

chevyjlewis

First of all this tank has been up for a little over year. it has 2 clownfish and a firefish. also a bubble tip anemone, and assorted corals.

chamber 1

Heater and cut filter pad ( to save money on filters I just cut sections out of a larger pad and put it in a stock filter holder)

chamber 2

Live rock rubble

Filter floss from walmart under removable water grate

chamber 3

900 jet

stock lights

coraline nano

maxijet 900 powerhead

14 or so pounds of live rock

10 pounds of live sand.

small clean up crew of blue legs one red leg and numerous snails.

the maroon clown hosts the anemone.

everything is great so far and hoping to upgrade lights to make everything more happy and "pop" a little more.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/chevyjlewis/

Looks good. You've got lots of coraline algae, I love it.

Is having the coraline algae good? I am going to order the lights upgrade from nano tuners after a few more days of research.(im just trying to make sure i am getting the best lights for the price). I dont want to change the closed lid on my biocube so that is probably the new lighting kit i am going to get. I love my tank and want to make my coral as healthy as possible, so new lights is a must. THANKS for looking at my tank. here is a video

First of all I am looking to keep things simple because I am not electrically inclined. The two systems that I am aware of that will work in my stock hood. the Panorama Pro modules by ecoxotic or the nanotuners Nanocustoms 3.24 for 14g Biocube (72 w). They are basically the same price and they are all i have found. Any opinions or questions are welcomed. my tank is in my signature with stock lighting.

Put in my order for one white/blue ecoxotic panorama pro led module and the transformer. Hope to get it next week. My new aquascaping is way better in terms of my veiw of my corals and anome and i cant wait to see how my light looks when it gets here!!!!!

Added the ecoxotic white/blue light. everyone says in a 14 gallon you need two modules but the guy from ecoxotic recommended this one and it is great. it defently brings out the colors of the tank and it is great. eventually will be adding a 2nd module so i can dable in lps corals, but for now this will do great. all i did to install it was take out the bulbs and the tabs that hold the bulbs in and then plugged it in and put the clear cover back over the light. i didn't even take out the moon lights, but i did put the module in diagonal so i unplugged the moonlights because they are covered up. ordered from premium aquatics because they were cheaper than ecoxotic, and i payed 8.99 for standard shipping (cheapest shipping) and it came in 2 days. amazing. the ups guy delivered to the wrong house early this morning so it took awhile for me to get it.

I dont know how to resize pictures or get the better versions off my iphone onto here so here is the pictures on my photo bucket. The first 5 pictures are with the new lights and the latest aquascape (hopefully will be there for a long time)

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/chevyjlewis/

post-69113-1316285425_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I am going to get some fresh pics up soon. I have alot of changes in my tank and am really happy about the slow progress.

Also I am starting a 3g Picotope

video from phone of biocube

It still has the 2 clowns and assorted snails ans crabs as well as a frogspawn and assorted coral.

Pic of picotope at 2 or 3 days no lights on

post-69113-1347852258.jpg

video from phone of biocube

It still has the 2 clowns and assorted snails ans crabs as well as a frogspawn and assorted coral.

Pic of picotope at 2 or 3 days no lights on

post-69113-1347852258.jpg

Looks good!!! Do you still think the one Ecoxotic is good enough and better then the stock PC?

Yes i really think one is enough but i went and bought another module around christmas last year. I am very happy withthem. My fan went out so i just mounted my modules into two holes i cut in top of the lid. Sort of ugly but i havt had any problems. I am looking for a few colorful corals to put in the tank because i havnt added a coral in about 7 months and they are all pretty dull. But as for now i am just another unemployeed college grad so money is hard to come by but time is plentiful.

Yes i really think one is enough but i went and bought another module around christmas last year. I am very happy withthem. My fan went out so i just mounted my modules into two holes i cut in top of the lid. Sort of ugly but i havt had any problems. I am looking for a few colorful corals to put in the tank because i havnt added a coral in about 7 months and they are all pretty dull. But as for now i am just another unemployeed college grad so money is hard to come by but time is plentiful.

THanks... GL on the job search...

• 9 months later...
chevyjlewis

an update on the tank.

my ecoxotic modules went out. one went out about 4 or 5 weeks ago one at a time then the 2nd one is halfway out.

bummer. now i have to look for a new lighting system. might go back to ecoxotic since they are affordable.

Archived