ReefCleaners.org

Red sea pro salt...

Daftboy

I used to use Oceanic on my first nano tank,and it was horrible. Since,I've switched Red Sea and never left the rest in the past. I always experienced good growth and colors in my birdsnest and Monti's and my Zoa's looked down. I never had a problems with it leaving any type of residue in my mixing jugs though.

bdevillier19

I use the RSCP as well. I mix it at room temp. 140g per gallon seems to give me 1.026 regularly. Mix it in a 5 gallon bucket with a mj1200 power head. Mixes fast and clear with no residue. Bring up to temp and in the tank it goes. Everything seems to be doing well.

• 4 weeks later...

My experience has been poor. I follow the instructions and video for mixing. It clouds my water for about a week. Its totally unacceptable. Sticking with instant ocean since it doesn't cloud my water for a week. Still have about 50g of salt left and I keep going back to it every few months only to find afterwards it still clouds for a week. Might just throw the rest out.

• 3 weeks later...

My experience has been poor. I follow the instructions and video for mixing. It clouds my water for about a week. Its totally unacceptable. Sticking with instant ocean since it doesn't cloud my water for a week. Still have about 50g of salt left and I keep going back to it every few months only to find afterwards it still clouds for a week. Might just throw the rest out.

Does it mix cloudy when you make it, or does it turn cloudy after you add it to your tank?

I've used Fritz (won it at a LFS raffle) and RSCP now. I believe my softies are looking better, but more likely due to tank maturity than salt, but I can't provide positive evidence either way.

Archived