Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there. I have a koralia controler w/ 2- 425 k. pumps. Its been used just shy of 1 year. Worked well in my tank which is also 24 x 24 x 12. Changed over to vortec (1 pump does it all-got to love them). Willing to sell for $100, you pay shipping. I am in the San Francisco bay area.

Steve

opps, sorry. I see by your latest post that you have circulation covered.

Well this weekend my dad and I are going to try to fix the leak if it's repairable. Then I might use the same tank and drill it for an overflow. I wish I could de rim it with assurance it would be all right

plus I've decided that its time to drill the tank, no more overflow! Which size glass holes kit would be suiting? Or should i approach it differently.

well hold up. I'm planning to have things back up and running by sunday night, so ordering a glass holes kit wouldn't work out. Still gonna drill though.

I think it may have been on pg 3 but RED de rimmed his tank, and I love it. would quarter inch glass be okay for that?

Btw we r going to re seal it new silicone every where

you will be fine to derim the top - what brand is your tank? can you tell how the panes are placed on the bottom?

if the panes are resting on the bottom do not derim the bottom, if they are around the buttom you will be fine to derim both

sorry for the delayed response

Thankyou, I already de rimmed the top, and I'm going to keep it that way. It'll definitely look cleaner, as for drilling we decided against it, I already got the equip for the over flow, cheaper easier.

Heres some progress being made.

First off my dad suprised me and had a stainless steel sheet bent to cover my stand and the front edge.

And some pics of the sump in the temporary stage.

And lastly some pics of the tank, its been de rimmed and re siliconed. The glass edges of the glass are a little chewed up, but i still love it. Ohh and I painted the back panel black.

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

And the leak test, FIXED

DSC00684-1.jpg

I think it will, I dont know if im gonna change the scape, I gave some of my coral to my parents and my brother. Im going to focus on more sps and lps.

Lice nice acans

Jacob042426
Looks like the tank I just got lol (mine came rimless tho) can't wait to see it back together!

They have your tank at my lfs too. It's $150 with stand.

phattypeeps

Nicely done! I love the stainless, make sure to keep it clean and wipe up any salt water that drips on it as it spots if left too long.

Got the overflow re plummed.

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

Nicely done! I love the stainless, make sure to keep it clean and wipe up any salt water that drips on it as it spots if left too long.

Yup we wiped some stainless steel polish on it, no finger prints at all, so smooth.

Archived