Top Shelf Aquatics

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

Pretty cool dude. I also looked back a couple pages and saw the freshwater planted. Very, very nice. Minimalistic and put together really well. Great job dude.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty cool dude. I also looked back a couple pages and saw the freshwater planted. Very, very nice. Minimalistic and put together really well. Great job dude.

Awww.... Shucks :wub:

Now my red monti is a really light pink, not sure what to do to bring back it's color. Still growing like mad though, I'll. Try to do some tests tonight. Does high phosphates do this?

Why thankyou. I noticed a lil bubble algea and hair algea, not much though. From what I've read this is means I have high phosphates. This must be why I'm losing some color on my red monti cap, which is now a light pink. Right? How can I tackle this problem. I do a five gallon water change every week. Do I need to up the amount of water changes?

Plus I know I need to get more of a clean crew. I barely have one. Maybe an emerald crab too

yes you could just run GFO in a bag but the key to it working would be getting flow through the media not just ove/around the bag. (over/around will help a little but to be effective slow flow through the media would be best)

I have API test kist that read 0 nitrate, 0 phosphate, yet I still have bucu cyano. I'm thinking the algae is just consuing the phos so it isn't reading. I'm running a GFO/Carbon reactor too.....

Only time will tell but I think, it's lightening because I don't have enough flow, since my power head broke my monti has been losing color now that I think about it, so I through an old power head in but I still know its not enough flow.

It hasn't bleached my other sps which are higher in the tank, plus It really doesn't feel like there was enough flow for the monti.

It hasn't bleached my other sps which are higher in the tank, plus It really doesn't feel like there was enough flow for the monti.

It wouldn't matter if the other coral was higher or not. It would matter what amount of par that specific piece was used to. I have my Miami orchid colony at the very top of the tank just fine, but some frags I just got that were under T5s were starting to bleach half way down my scape.

Reefmaster1996
yeah i think its 24x24x12. is it a deep blue 30 gal mini frag? if so i was thinking about the rimless version of this in the future. Its between this or the mr aqua 33.6 (approx. 24x18x18) or the ada 60h (new version is same as mr aqua 33.6) if i have the money at the time. i love the super shallow though.

nice start. what are you thinking to upgrade the lighting to and do you have any livestock plans?

Nice tank I have a 20 gallon long at the moment but hopefully next year I will build my custom acrylic 34x34x12 60 gallon shallow rimless reef tank with a20 gallon long sump/refugium. Its all planned out and Im saving up for it.

Archived