ReefCleaners.org

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

Hi everybody... Im very new on Nano Reef... Im 15 years old and have been working on my reef for a couple months now. This isnt my first saltwater tank, its my second and i love this one even more. My parents have a 12 gallon jbj biocube and my little 12 year old brother has a 10 gallon. They are all reefs too :D... I will post pics of theres later... But heres mine... The progress of mine may be going kinda slow due to most of my money going to rebuilding my car... enjoy.

FTS 1/13/12

DSC00162.jpg

FTS 12/18/11

DSC02577.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good what dimension is the aquarium and do you have more photos

It is 12x12x24in....

Sorry dont have any other pics at the moment

Specs

Dual t5 zoomed (temporary)

seaclone 100 skimmer

20gallon sump with carbon and filter floss

Refugium (still need to work on that)

Eshopps overflow box

Maxijet return pump (soon to be replaced with a mag drive pump)

Koralia 750 circulation pump... Little strong

bwoodward0012

yeah i think its 24x24x12. is it a deep blue 30 gal mini frag? if so i was thinking about the rimless version of this in the future. Its between this or the mr aqua 33.6 (approx. 24x18x18) or the ada 60h (new version is same as mr aqua 33.6) if i have the money at the time. i love the super shallow though.

nice start. what are you thinking to upgrade the lighting to and do you have any livestock plans?

This is EXACTLY! what i want to do next. Except with MH and loads of SPS. Shouldnt it be 24x24x12? That would be 30 Gallon's. Great job on the tank.

oops your right.

yeah i think its 24x24x12. is it a deep blue 30 gal mini frag? if so i was thinking about the rimless version of this in the future. Its between this or the mr aqua 33.6 (approx. 24x18x18) or the ada 60h (new version is same as mr aqua 33.6) if i have the money at the time. i love the super shallow though.

nice start. what are you thinking to upgrade the lighting to and do you have any livestock plans?

im not exactly sure what the brand of the tank is... i really wanted an ada, but i didnt have the money, plus i love the dimensions of this tank.

My dad and i are planning to do aquastyles 72 dimmable led kit with a custom 20x20 heatsink when i get some extra cash scraped up. It might be a while because school just started and i dont have a great flow of income, im 15 haha... im probably overstocked fish wise... but everybody seems happy..

1 austrailian twinspot goby (one of my favorites)

5 chromis (blue/green)

1 royal gamma (still hiding but coming out more and more every day)

corals

toadstool leather

war coral

orange platy's

open modern brain coral

kenya tree

and soon to be some pulsing xenia that im getting from my little brothers tank

(cant wait to get more coral, im going to wait till i get my new pump and light set up)

cuc

12 nassurus snails i think... i forgot how to spell it... the ones that burrow them selves

4 blue leg hermits

1 large red hermit

2 turbo snails

and thats it for now, everthing seems to be staying clean and my perameters are in check.

oooh plus i got a featherduster.

i love the tank specs , would love to have a shallow tank some day :)

and yeah looks slightly similar to Rehypes tank :P with minimal rock work, looks great !

Planning to get the horse ?

i love the tank specs , would love to have a shallow tank some day :)

and yeah looks slightly similar to Rehypes tank :P with minimal rock work, looks great !

Planning to get the horse ?

Horse would be cool... but im not really sure what their requirements would be.

awww... cannot for the life of me find my twinspot goby... :(

Nice tank. Man I should get a shallow tank... Love the sleak scape. Impressive at 15 years old. When I was 15 I was sticking my fingers in lightsockets... I was a slow child...

Nice tank. Man I should get a shallow tank... Love the sleak scape. Impressive at 15 years old. When I was 15 I was sticking my fingers in lightsockets... I was a slow child...

haha.. thankyou

LOL,

Oh wait, what?????

So sockets arnt for fingering?

Explains my "Single" status..... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple new pics

The hammers, yellow stars, kenya tree, and a candy cane are going to be taken out to be put back in my dads tank where they belong.

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02405.jpg

DSC02408-1.jpg

Badass tank dude. How come you are taking out those coral?

A couple of the corals are coming out because they had to have a place to stay in my tank while my parent's take had a little make over... A coulple of them might be staying in my tank... but not all of them...

I also got those pulsing xenia from my little brothers tank... they were starting to take over his 10 gal...

My brother is bumping up to a 20l with a 10 gallon sump

Soon im going to be adding another 24" dual t5 fixture on a custom aluminum bracket... it should be sweet. So after thats done i'll have four bulbs.... what are some good combos? I was thinking

ATI blue+

ATI aquablue

ATI Purple

ATI blue+

I looked in the t5ho thread... but more pics would be nice... thankyou

Archived