Coral Vue Hydros

DIM4 Sunrise/Sunset controller for DIY LEDs by LEDGroupBuy.com

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Have these gone back in stock yet? Havent gotten mine yet :(

No we are still waiting for them, im hoping we have them in this week. There was a shortage of some of the parts to build them so that caused a large delay.

OK so I got mine, thank you.

One problem, when i wire this up to the EUC-040S070DS, the LEDs won't turn all the way OFF.

The dimmer control is fine. I have the MAX_DRV set to 10.0V and it steps up and down correctly but the OFF (N is listed on the DIM4 display) state is far from off. Even if I manually change the MAX_DRV to 0.0V the leds are still on.

The driver is running 12 XR-E LEDs, PURPLE is connected to + and GREEN is connected to -, both on channel 2.

Is this correct? I didn't try anything else for fear of blowing either the driver or the DIM4.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
OK so I got mine, thank you.

One problem, when i wire this up to the EUC-040S070DS, the LEDs won't turn all the way OFF.

The dimmer control is fine. I have the MAX_DRV set to 10.0V and it steps up and down correctly but the OFF (N is listed on the DIM4 display) state is far from off. Even if I manually change the MAX_DRV to 0.0V the leds are still on.

The driver is running 12 XR-E LEDs, PURPLE is connected to + and GREEN is connected to -, both on channel 2.

Is this correct? I didn't try anything else for fear of blowing either the driver or the DIM4.

This is correct. The Inventroincs and Meanwell drivers even at 10v will not shut the LEDs completely off. You need to just put them on a timer to turn off the drivers.

If they are wired directly to the a channel in series of 3, they will turn all the way off but that will only give you a total of 12 LEDs.

This is correct. The Inventroincs and Meanwell drivers even at 10v will not shut the LEDs completely off. You need to just put them on a timer to turn off the drivers.

If they are wired directly to the a channel in series of 3, they will turn all the way off but that will only give you a total of 12 LEDs.

Bummer, was hoping to get rid of timers with the DIM4. Thanks for the info, just placed another order for more LEDs!

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Just an update for everyone, the next batch is already sold out again.

We are expecting a smaller batch on next Wednesday/Thursday (Nov 9th-10th) so if you need one, get your orders in sooner than later.

Edited by Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Just an update for everyone, the next batch is already sold out again.

We are expecting a smaller batch on next Wednesday/Thursday (Nov 9th-10th) so if you need one, get your orders in sooner than later.

The DIM4 sounds great, and just what I was looking for. I do have a question- I'm going to be using it to control several fixtures, with channels 1 controlling the blue in fixtures 1 & 2, channel 2 controlling white in fixture 1 & 2, etc. I can see a need however to control the levels independently of the DIM4, and am wondering if it is possible to put a potentiometer between the DIM4 and LED Drivers (Inventronics), so the DIM4 is controlling overall sunrise, sunset ramp up/down, but if I wanted I could manually dim each bank of lights on each fixture (picture attached). This might be useful for acclimation, or if the fixtures are used on different tanks with corals that need different overall light, or if I just want to turn up the actinics to wow a visitor ; ) without going into the DIM4 control panel.

If this is possible- the next question is how to wire it! The pots have three terminals, which when wiring a INventronics normally, one is dim+, one is dim-, and one is DC power. In this case the DIM4 is supplying the DC power? Not sure if I have that correct : )

Thanks in advance for the help- really appreciate it. Best, Peter

post-70432-1320506800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Entacmaea
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
The DIM4 sounds great, and just what I was looking for. I do have a question- I'm going to be using it to control several fixtures, with channels 1 controlling the blue in fixtures 1 & 2, channel 2 controlling white in fixture 1 & 2, etc. I can see a need however to control the levels independently of the DIM4, and am wondering if it is possible to put a potentiometer between the DIM4 and LED Drivers (Inventronics), so the DIM4 is controlling overall sunrise, sunset ramp up/down, but if I wanted I could manually dim each bank of lights on each fixture (picture attached). This might be useful for acclimation, or if the fixtures are used on different tanks with corals that need different overall light, or if I just want to turn up the actinics to wow a visitor ; ) without going into the DIM4 control panel.

If this is possible- the next question is how to wire it! The pots have three terminals, which when wiring a INventronics normally, one is dim+, one is dim-, and one is DC power. In this case the DIM4 is supplying the DC power? Not sure if I have that correct : )

Thanks in advance for the help- really appreciate it. Best, Peter

Yes/No. essentially your pots would end up function like trim pots. So you can dim any bank of LEDs with a turn of the knob. You won't be able to "turn up" any bank of LEDs, just down. So technically you can't really "wow" someone but I guess you kidna could by just turning down the whites and leaving Royal Blues on.

Yes/No. essentially your pots would end up function like trim pots. So you can dim any bank of LEDs with a turn of the knob. You won't be able to "turn up" any bank of LEDs, just down. So technically you can't really "wow" someone but I guess you kidna could by just turning down the whites and leaving Royal Blues on.

Ok- so the upper limit of each string/driver would still be controlled by the DIM4 per its programmed ramp up/down, but the pot could control within that. In other words, if at high noon the white strings are at 50% (max setting selected on the DIM4), the in-line pot could turn them down and back up again to 50%, but not to 75%, correct?

I've also attached a diagram as to how I would wire the pots in-line with the DIM4? I'm pretty sure I DON"T have it correct ; ) Does the Inventronics driver have its own 10v internal source, or do I need to supply it?

Thanks for the help Milad!

post-70432-1320593662_thumb.jpg

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

DIM4+ output goes to one end of the pot. Other end of the pot goes to the the DIM4-.

Then....

The wiper goes to the LED Current Driver+ brightness terminal. The DIM4 CH- would go to the LED Current Driver- terminal.

DIM4+ output goes to one end of the pot. Other end of the pot goes to the the DIM4-.

Then....

The wiper goes to the LED Current Driver+ brightness terminal. The DIM4 CH- would go to the LED Current Driver- terminal.

Thanks Milad- Like this?

post-70432-1320648403_thumb.png

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Thanks Milad- Like this?

That is correct.

No, the 10v goes where you had it before.

No hes got it right. The DIM4 gives a 10v reference voltage so the Inventroincs 10v reference line is not needed.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Awesome- thanks gentlemen. Appreciate the help. 5 days to place my group buy order! Best, Peter

Usually I would say wait till last day but the batch of DIM4s that are coming in tomorrow are sold already and the next partial batch which is coming in Friday might be sold out before Friday. Just heads up. If you dont want to wait, just get your order in sooner than later.

Most of our orders come in on Thursday/Friday for your reference. Ill post on here when we are sold out again of them.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

We are sold out yet again. Sorry guys they are coming in and selling out. The next shipment of them is about 2 weeks out.

Hi Milad, I recived a mail from you that you did send LED's too Norway and that the website would calculate shipping too Norway. When i am trying too calculate shipping when in the Shopping Cart, i do get this message:

"Unfortunately we can't ship to your location.

Please select another location and try again."

Do this mean that i cannot by my led's, Heatsink, controller and powersupply, and get it shipped too Norway. :huh:

If i can order, what kind of thermal compounds do you recomend CREE XP-E and XP-G's?

Thermal Tape OK?

Edited by Orchard
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Hi Milad, I recived a mail from you that you did send LED's too Norway and that the website would calculate shipping too Norway. When i am trying too calculate shipping when in the Shopping Cart, i do get this message:

"Unfortunately we can't ship to your location.

Please select another location and try again."

Do this mean that i cannot by my led's, Heatsink, controller and powersupply, and get it shipped too Norway. :huh:

If i can order, what kind of thermal compounds do you recomend CREE XP-E and XP-G's?

Thermal Tape OK?

I should fix the website, that message is so misleading. We don't ship heatsinks outside USA unless its a special request because the shipping is very expensive. you should be able to put an order in for everything else.

I also recommend the thermal tape, it makes your life much easier

• 3 weeks later...
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Large batch of DIM4s will be in next week, if you havent gotten yours, this is the time to get your order in.

Large batch of DIM4s will be in next week, if you havent gotten yours, this is the time to get your order in.

Nice, :D the rest of the tank is waiting for som better lights.

post-70314-1322812959_thumb.jpg

• Recommended Discussions