Pod Your Reef

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

I am loving the camera, and getting better in Photoshop with finding the true to life colors. All of those were minimally tweaked to get the real colors. :happy: Pretty coralz!

My camera has a setting on it with a mountain icon. I think it means landscape???? Anyways...since I've started using that I don't have to tweak the photos at all. You might see if you have that setting.

I think I forgot to tell you how much I like your new sig :happy:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye no prob. Its called red sea foundation. Get the kilograms of powder...and if you want mix it into rod I water per directions. I just use the powder though. Dont buy foundation abc+. Get the individuals. Makes it so I can do individual adjustments of each of the three. Also maintains strontium, barium, boron and several other main elements. Where as red sea colors are all minor and trace.

Okay! I will look into it, But it is looking like I need a RIGHT now fix new params are as follows.

Today 3-6-12

KH : 6.8

Alk : 2.45

Calc : 410

Mag : 1260 ????? WTF?

Yesterday

Params were at

KH : 7.0

Alk : 2.5

Calc : 420

Mag : 1320

Looks like I need to start dosing on Thursday my day off. Going to be another long day! Just can't get tp the FLS tomorrow I work 7:30AM-8:00PM. LONNNNGGGGG day. -_-

My camera has a setting on it with a mountain icon. I think it means landscape???? Anyways...since I've started using that I don't have to tweak the photos at all. You might see if you have that setting.

I think I forgot to tell you how much I like your new sig :happy:

My current manual setting is pretty close, just cant get the POP I see in real life so I tweak a bit.

Thanks BTW I love Poe! :happy:

Your tank is looking awesome! I love your scape!

Thanks for dropping in! Can't wait to see your tank full! This baby was empty until about 3 months ago. The I just started stocking like mad!

Fish were done slowly though. ;)

Re: params. Did you retest? Hobby grade kits, no matter how much they cost, can give fairly inaccurate readings.

Re: params. Did you retest? Hobby grade kits, no matter how much they cost, can give fairly inaccurate readings.

Tested twice each time, even did it at the same time as yesterday B) . I am using the Salifert tests and checked them twice when I got that low of a reading.

I have ALOT of bigger SPS colonies and the Froggie is getting BIG. IDK I would assume it's the SPS mostly sucking the trace elements out.

I am going to test again tomorrow and see if they dropped huge like that again tomorrow. :mellow:

For right now, I would look into homemade 2 part dosing mixes and see if you have anything on hand. Or a quick run to the LFS for alk/ca/mg dosing. I like Brightwell Aquatics products.

For right now, I would look into homemade 2 part dosing mixes and see if you have anything on hand. Or a quick run to the LFS for alk/ca/mg dosing. I like Brightwell Aquatics products.

I think I will have to do that on my lunch break tomorrow. Go run and get The Brightwell, do a dose at lunch and watch for what little time I will have left.

I am so surprised at this drop, nothing in the tank looks mad and everything was open and happy. Guess I just have more then the weekly WC can handle.

-_-

The max dose for Brightwell Calcion and Magnesion (I have no idea what their alk stuff is called) is 10ml per 20 gallons per day until desired levels are reached.

The max dose for Brightwell Calcion and Magnesion (I have no idea what their alk stuff is called) is 10ml per 20 gallons per day until desired levels are reached.

Gotcha, so I can do what I need to at lunch and check at 8 when I get home and re-dose if I need to. Cool.

You're welcome. :)

I think they also have a 2 part but I just used the single element dosing to get the params up and then am using Kalk+2 and WC to keep them there. Look at their two part and see if you and do large dosings like the singles, it might be more economical.

You're welcome. :)

I think they also have a 2 part but I just used the single element dosing to get the params up and then am using Kalk+2 and WC to keep them there. Look at their two part and see if you and do large dosings like the singles, it might be more economical.

I looked at it but I like being able to tune in on certain ones if I need to up Alk but not Calc etc. I am very controlling when it comes to doing this kind of stuff. I am already figuring out the daily dosing of each to keep it stable after getting to the right params.

Gotta go LONG day tomorrow and A is telling me to go to bed. HAHA after 3 hours of sleep last night due to an after dinner coffee that wouldn't let me sleep (not doing that again) I am beat.

Glad I caught the drop now instead of later. Fun I anticipated this after adding all Tron's corals. ;)

Let you guys know what happens tomorrow.

Maybe try a big fat water change, test again, and then start dosing???

I just can't get to the LFS I usually until Thursday, so I ran and got 2 of the 3, Alkion, and Magnesion have both been dosed at 10 ML for now, I will retest this evening and possibly add another 10 mL of eash if they are still low.

I tested before I dosed, all the params from last night at correct, I misread the Mag test as well FYI it was 1260 last night not 1200.

Today at lunch,

Alk 2.39

KH 6.7

Calc 410

Mag 1260

All are low, they didn't have the calcion but that's not scary low, I will grab it when I get the water tomorrow.

Think good thoughts guys I work until 8 but A will let me know if something looks weird when he gets home at 5.

BTW when you add the Alk additive, it goes from clear to white in the tank water. Kind of scared me at first.

Yea...rancid just make sure you add mag first then alk then calc

Err randi not rancid haha

LMAO Okay thanks! Glad to know what you think of me! :P

Okay Params just 5 minutes ago after dosing 10 mL of both Alk and Mag

Alk went from 2.39 to 2.73

KH went from 6.7 to 7.7

Mag went from 1260 to 1300

So I was thinking another 5 mL dose of Alk, and a 10 mL dose of Mag should get me there. Can't believe how fast they went up since I only put 10mL in of each and they were suggesting more then that on the bottle. I am glad I mini dosed first (I am very minimal with medications if I can be) as I would have WAY overshot my target with KH.

I am looking to get them just a bit higher, how high is okay? OMG my brain is dead after today...... work was LONG. -_-

Okay I was thinking about doing a 5mL dose of the Alk, and a 10mL dose of the Mag. Just to get it up then I am going to be doing daily dosing to keep it stable. Bleh!

Sound good guys? Oh and what does everyone keep their levels at while I am at it. Would love to see how everyone keeps the chemistry of their own tanks. ;)

Okay I was thinking about doing a 5mL dose of the Alk, and a 10mL dose of the Mag. Just to get it up then I am going to be doing daily dosing to keep it stable. Bleh!

Sound good guys? Oh and what does everyone keep their levels at while I am at it. Would love to see how everyone keeps the chemistry of their own tanks. ;)

I've been able to consistently keep mine Alk at 7.7 and my CA at 450. That's with twice a week water changes and just dosing the buffer right after the change (bad salt with low ALK reading).

I've been able to consistently keep mine Alk at 7.7 and my CA at 450. That's with twice a week water changes and just dosing the buffer right after the change (bad salt with low ALK reading).

Mine was sucked out since the Sunday Change. Since I dosed at Lunch everything is got way more PE and is more fluffy. I did do the small second dose at 10PM right before lights out...... Got home really late.

All looks Awesome! I am pleased. I will grab the Calc additive tomorrow when I grab the water for the WC.

I am planning on testing before and the WC water, doings additionally if I need to.

Damn Alk sucking SPS. LMAO

!

The cake is a lie! It's not a 100% non-profit organization! They get money from the stupid bracelets they sell and crap!

But they did a good job at getting the word out there. What do you think Canderz? :o

!

The cake is a lie! It's not a 100% non-profit organization! They get money from the stupid bracelets they sell and crap!

But they did a good job at getting the word out there. What do you think Canderz? :o

OH HMOG, I started it and had to stop after 8:34. I paused it to finish tomorrow. Too depressing for this late at night.

What's the overall point? Help the children? Or change the world? IDK

Good idea but I have to watch the rest of it.

altolamprologus
OH HMOG, I started it and had to stop after 8:34. I paused it to finish tomorrow. Too depressing for this late at night.

What's the overall point? Help the children? Or change the world? IDK

Good idea but I have to watch the rest of it.

Honestly I don't know why people are so obsessed over this. That guy has been in power since the 80s and the US has known about it but nobody cared until some guy told bits and pieces of the story to get you emotional.

Honestly I don't know why people are so obsessed over this. That guy has been in power since the 80s and the US has known about it but nobody cared until some guy told bits and pieces of the story to get you emotional.

Okay so I should omit the other 20 minutes of this thing?

Sounds preachy to me kind of like PETA and all those Pro Lifers.

Shoot, please no one get mad at me! I am a vet tech but I hate PETA, they have good intentions but have very little piratical knowledge. Also I have seen news reports of them euthanizing the animals right after saving them from their "horrible owners" on occasion.

OH! I spotted a little Blue and red striped set of legs a few days ago and it turns out I have a HH starfish. This is what I have found that he looks like

BrittleStarAssorted1.jpg

If anyone knows more about these one's in particular I would appreciate it. He is TINY and hiding in the rock under the Red Monti, so he will not be easy to get out if he is bad, and that is my pod breeding ground so I would hate to have to dip it.

So cute! :happy:

altolamprologus
Okay so I should omit the other 20 minutes of this thing?

Sounds preachy to me kind of like PETA and all those Pro Lifers.

Shoot, please no one get mad at me! I am a vet tech but I hate PETA, they have good intentions but have very little piratical knowledge. Also I have seen news reports of them euthanizing the animals right after saving them from their "horrible owners" on occasion.

OH! I spotted a little Blue and red striped set of legs a few days ago and it turns out I have a HH starfish. This is what I have found that he looks like

BrittleStarAssorted1.jpg

If anyone knows more about these one's in particular I would appreciate it. He is TINY and hiding in the rock under the Red Monti, so he will not be easy to get out if he is bad, and that is my pod breeding ground so I would hate to have to dip it.

So cute! :happy:

You have the same opinions as me :)

The mini brittle star is a good thing to have. They stick their arms out of the rocks to catch passing food particles and will come out at night and sometimes during feeding time to collect the extra food. I have several dozen of them that started as one a few months ago.

Archived