Coral Vue Hydros

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

Candy Land
FTS : 2/2/14

1653353_10152166853539029_1598718763_n.j

1780811_10152166853374029_60532521_n.jpg
Tank Move

I am currently running :
In the Deep Blue Reef Ready Rimless 60 gallon
2x MP10
2x Radion

Display Fuge
1x Koralia Nano 425
Reef Octopus Diablo DCS170
Mag7 Return Pump
2x CFL Lighting

I currently have in the tank :
DT
40lbs LS
60lbs LR

FUGE
30 lbs LS
15 lbs LR

CUC
TNTC(seriously theirs hundreds) Certh Snails
5-8 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs -_- PITAs
1 Micro White Hermit
15-20 Narissus Snails (Got more ;) )
15 Nerite Snails
Lots of Nano Brittle Stars
Numerous Bristle Worms
Pair Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (In Fuge)

Livestock :
Pair Black Misbar Clowns (Chimi and Changa)

Midas Blenny (Darryl)
Midas Blenny (Poe)
Male Green Mandarin Dragonet (Xerxes)

Female Green Mandarin Dragonet (Xena)
Yasha Goby (Kreme)/Candy Pistol Shrimp"Randalli" (Krispy)
Kupang Damsel (In Fuge)

Green Banded Goby (Bogart)

Tail Spot Blenny (In Fuge)

Purple Firefish (In Fuge)

Kole Yellow Eye Tang (Bowie)

Court Jester Goby (Mac'a Roni)

Acro Crab (Candy)

Clams:

Blue Squamosa (Flynn)

Teal Rimmed Squamosa (Kevin)

Ultra Blue Maxima (Quorra)

SPS Corals :
ORA Red Planet

ORA Green Tipped Scripps

Pink Lemonade

Rainbow Pocilliopora

Cali Blue Tortusa

Pink Lather Millie

Jose's Candlelight

Karl's Candlelight

Purple with Green Rim Montipora

Neon Yellow with green tint Branching SPS

California

ORA Purple Staghorn Coral

LPS Corals:

Green with Purple Tip Frogspawn

Red Acan

Green Acan

Rainbow Acan

Orange Rainbow Acan

Rainbow Lobo

Dendro

Lithophyllon SP

Blue Candy Cane (trumpets)

Blue with Green Polyp Leptastrea

Orange and Green Acan Enchanta (????)

Zoas/Palys/Polyps:

Eagle Eye

Radioactive Dragon Eyes

Fire and Ice

Fruity Loops

Rrastas

Punk Rockers

Lime Mouth Lunar Eclipse Palythoa

Sparkly Lunar Eclipse Palythoa

Blondies

Sunny-D Palythoa

Lord of the Rings Palythoa

Mowhawk Palythoa

Galaxy Palythoa

Magician Palythoa

Blue Hornets

Red Hornets

Green Bay Packers

Sapphire

Armor of God Palythoa

My Clementines

Princess Pink

Grapes of Wrath

Raptors Rainbow Palythoa

Pink Zipper Palythoa

Legions of Evil Palythoa

Bam Bams

Kryptonite

Cherry Blossoms

Galactic Blazer Palythoa

King Midas

Purple Death Palythoa

Caribbean Dream

Pachucha Sunrise Vice

Ruby Emerald Vice

Miami Vice

Stargazers

Gorilla Nipples

My Bloody Valentines

Neon Orange Zoanthids

Blue with Teal Mouth Zoanthids

Green Palythoa

Rainbow Clove Polyps

Ricordea/Mushrooms:

Goldenrod FL Ricordea

Rainbow FL Ricordea

Arctic Flame FL Ricordea

Pink Melon FL Ricordea

Neon Green FL Ricordea

Pink with Purple Rim and Mouth FL Ricordea

Green and Purple FL Ricordea

Orange and Purple FL Ricordea

Blue FL Ricordea

Green FL Rocordea

Neon Pink Nobby Mushroom

Green with Orange Spot Nobby Mushroom

Green Fuzzy Mushroom

Rainbow Yuma

Purple Yuma

Purple and Green Yuma

Purple Candelabra Gorgorian

Macro Algae :
Caulerpa Macro
Dragons Breath
Blue Ochtodes
Red Grape
Florida Gracilaria
Red Titan

Tank Videos:

Picture Updates:
1-28-12
3-4-12
Pic Update 3-10-12
Pic Update 3-19-12
3-23-12
3-28-12
3-31-12
4-1-12
4-2-12
4-3-12
Poe 4-3-12
FTS Then and Now
4-5-12
4-6-12
New Corals
6-4-12 New Corals
11-18-12

Stand Build:
Part #1
Nearly Done 5-4-12
Staining the stand
Sealing the Inside

40B SUMP/Fuge:
Silicone Part 1
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding Nitromax every 3 days seems to help the cycle not to mention the LS I have.

When my Ammonia goes down and the Nitrites are at 0 I will do a 20% water change and add a CUC, I was thinking Nassarius snails (10-15) and Cerith Snails (10-15) and possibly 5-10 jade hermits from SWF.com

And possibly 2 Black and White clowns. (would that be too much to add at first after the cycle is done?)

I am ordering LR in 2 weeks or so looking to get 50lbs of the Gulf Live Rock Premium Deco and that is on top of the 10-15lbs I have of DR cycling in the tank now.

I will not order my CUC or Clowns until I am sure the re-cycle is done but does this seem to be an ok plan? Just don't want to blow 100 on fish and have them die on me. (My husband likes their look better than the typical orange and whites that cost 1/4 of that price)

Also:

I am thinking I don't like the rock the way it is and may rescape....

thinking of making 2 islands.

Any thoughts?

I would wait a few weeks after cuc before you add the clowns.

As for the scape, two islands idea would look cool I think.

Thanks.

I did the islands and made a cave.

I will get a new FTS when it clears. I am happy with it, more space for the LR and some open swimming area. I may just get one or two small pieces of crap from the LFS this week to seed the tank further as it is all dry BR for now. If I can find a piece with coraline on it. It was all covered in that brown hairy algae, ICK. <_<

Have to check out another LFS anyone know of a good one they go to in the Lake Worth/West Palm Beach area?

Thanks for reading guys I really appreciate it. :D

Cycle is on the move!

Current Params :

SG on Hydrometer 1.026

PH 8.2

Ammonia down to 1.0

Nitrites 1.0

Nitrates 10

Added another dose of Nitromax parts 1 & 2.

I will retest again in 3 days.

I know to do a water change (like 20-40%) after the cycle for the nitrates I plan on doing this when Ammonia and Nitrites read 0 but I am happy to see the Nitrites climbing, this happened in 3 days from .25 to 1 I am very happy. Tank is cycling nice and diatoms are taking over the sand and new rock scape. It's still a bit cloudy so I will get a new FTS when it's clear.

Thanks.

I did the islands and made a cave.

I will get a new FTS when it clears. I am happy with it, more space for the LR and some open swimming area. I may just get one or two small pieces of crap from the LFS this week to seed the tank further as it is all dry BR for now. If I can find a piece with coraline on it. It was all covered in that brown hairy algae, ICK. <_<

Have to check out another LFS anyone know of a good one they go to in the Lake Worth/West Palm Beach area?

Thanks for reading guys I really appreciate it. :D

Try Barrier Reef in Boca.

My wife and I drove up to 3 different stores in Lake Worth Boynton area and wasn't really impressed. One store was ridiculously expensive...

Try Barrier Reef in Boca.

My wife and I drove up to 3 different stores in Lake Worth Boynton area and wasn't really impressed. One store was ridiculously expensive...

Thank you! Someone answered my plea for help! I will call them!

:happydance:

<_<

So called them, they charge 7 a lb for LR and the only stuff they have is a few pieces of the Aquacultured rock with minimal Coraline.

Sigh, guess I will just have to drive to each one and check WTF they actually have as everyone is so vague when you call and talk their rock up so much! LMAO ack

Yeah, buying LR can be a pain. Two places have it here: $8/lb and $5/lb. The $5/lb is much better quality but not even close to what I would call spectacular.

Yeah, buying LR can be a pain. Two places have it here: $8/lb and $5/lb. The $5/lb is much better quality but not even close to what I would call spectacular.

Found someone selling on Craigslist.com that want's $4 per lb but will cut me a break if I buy all 40 lbs (approx per him) Downside, it's an hour and a half drive.

Pros vs. Cons

Cheaper but need to drive to Miami.

Not an exact weight, and a LFS here sells brown poopy crud for same price locally. LMFAO

I may just buy a whole ton of Dry BR and then get 1 or 2 nice pieces of LR and seed it. Longer cycle but hey I am not worried about that.

May just go that way as it is easier on the pocket book and I am already full cycle so it wouldn't matter if I added to the tank it would just make the cycle last longer right?

I remember now why I went FOWLR back 5 years ago and skipped the reef, LR that is worth a crap is a PITA to find. <_<

Found someone selling FIji cured for CHEEP! omgomgomg Apparently no one wanted 100lbs of Fiji Cured at 2.99 a lb or 300 for the whole lot but now I get a cheaper price as he says it's not so nice anymore!

I may go get 50lbs for $50 this weekend. He says its BR now as it has been in a bucket with a air stone for 2 weeks but if it was in water and had tons of coraline algae it should come back right? At $1 a lb I can't pass this up.

He warned me that it wasn't "pretty" anymore but it should be easy enough to get it to come back right?

Ammonia I now reading 0!

Nitrites 1.0ppm

Nitrates are high 20

PH 8.2 and SG is 1.026

Seems like I am in the last half of the cycle. So I will add the LR on Sat and have to go through another mini cycle and then I can get a CUC to rid me of this Diatom mess I have! LMAO

Got the LR today.

Awesome color on it, Very bright green and tons of purple, some really nice pieces to, and 2 large flat plate like pieces as well.

I will post pics as soon as the water clears but right now it's very cloudy again.

Totally worth more than I paid but I am so glad I got it!

Going to take a few days to get the aquascaping right but looks good for now.

YAY LR in tank!

So have new FTS

It is still very cloudy but will be clear by morning then I will get some good ones!

Full Frontal! ;)

post-68297-1315110616_thumb.jpg

Awesome pieces covered in beautiful greed coraline and a dead coral! Don't know why it's sideways.. Stupid camera. <_<

post-68297-1315110845_thumb.jpg

Neat little thing I found on the sand after I finished with the rock, any ideas? :huh:

post-68297-1315110749_thumb.jpg

i like that "shelvy" look you have going on

random question: is it FL-Candy or FLC-andy?

i've been thinking it's the candy one...

Yep the candy one.

Thanks! I had to have the Hubby break one huge piece that makes up the two smaller/lower shelves as it was just huge and wouldn't fit anywhere and this is something I am happy with right now.

We will see tomorrow, the Island may need some tweaking but all that crap in the back (skimmer pump) will be gone when I get the SUMP hooked up in 2-3 weeks. I am getting a Mag7 in 2 weeks then I can plumb the sump and overflow.

New Params tomorrow. My hands are tired.

im getting a sump too omgomgomg

what overflow are you using?

I have a CPR CS90 that I have had laying around as well as my SUMP just never got around to hooking it up.

Just never understood what to do, still don't but my Hubby does understand the plumbing so he can do that. (He has no idea when it comes to chemistry or feeding/stocking etc.) but hey that's a few weeks out. He was actually talking about me drawing out the plumbing I have in mind so he could get the PVC at Home Depot. :huh:

Has really shown no interest until now! LMAO Guess the rock inspired him! :P

HAHA I have no Idea I have a cheapo Venturi I am currently using to help circulation I may just hook that up to the CPR so I have constant prime JIC, I believe that is all I need to keep if flood proof correct?

Like I said I have no frickin clue when it comes to SUMPS!

Diggin the new scape my friend(;

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

just be sure to test your system a few times...

Oh I plan on it and I plan on doing dry runs with a power outage to see what happens, it's supposed to keep it's prime if the power goes out but I will add the pump JIC.

Makes me anxious as my local power company sucks and we have frequent brownouts and outages due to work on the lines (never more than an hour or 2 though) <_<

Just an older supplier and their fixing instead of replacing. Hate when people try to band-aide things.

I am going to post pics of this surprisingly great $80 skimmer. Has produced nothing but black nasty skum for the last 3-4 days! Reminds me ... need to clean cup tomorrow when I wake up... :o

OK new params are !

SG 1.026 on the dot (per my hydrometer)

Ammonia 0.25ppm (small spike I expected this the rock was dry for 2 hours.)

Nitrates 10ppm

Nitrite 2.0ppm

PH 8.0

Seems I may have a bit of a new cycle but I am hoping the LR will help to speed that up.

I may go and get more Nitromax today.... nice to have for when I add fish anyways.

I will get some new pics the water is so clear now!

Archived