Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KissMyDSM's Mixed 40B

KissMyDSM

So after our conversation I was looking in the tank and my smallest cardinalfish has a swollen pink patch just infront of the tail fin. My best guess is that it's some kind of ulcer.... from where it came I have no clue but it looks a bit off and I am going to post a pic on Alberts page with hope of ID'n it. I don't have a QT tank so I have to take the fish out he/she is dead if I leave it in it might spread a disease to the others... lets see if we can't figure it out 1 step at a time.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you and Albert get it figured out. They are one of my favs as far as fish go. I hope more hobbyists keep these amazing and endangered fish. Let me know what you find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped some shot for November. I think one of my next purchases could very well be an upgrade on the camera.

Enjoy the Holidays.

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

Growth Comparison on the Setosa and Hawkins

Before:

IMG_1432.jpg

After:

IMG_1818.jpg

I really like your scape. I'm planning a 40B, and I really like the two-island scape you have. It really gives the tank some depth.

Thanks. In hind sight I should have made the right island not so tall but I think once everything tables and grows out and up it won't matter to much. There is a lot of wasted space but I will remedy that with more NPS if I can find it.

Man Berto tank looks great! New camera not req though they turned out good.

Spoiler not yet posted to my page, snagged a small serpent star who is making use of the large cave I have on the backside of my main structure! Then Jess came in and asked me where the octopus is and i said you mean starfish and she said yeah that. Lol 8 legs 5 legs same thing right.... Anyways watching him move around is really cool and I hope he enjoys the scraps from the others.

Man Berto tank looks great! New camera not req though they turned out good.

Spoiler not yet posted to my page, snagged a small serpent star who is making use of the large cave I have on the backside of my main structure! Then Jess came in and asked me where the octopus is and i said you mean starfish and she said yeah that. Lol 8 legs 5 legs same thing right.... Anyways watching him move around is really cool and I hope he enjoys the scraps from the others.

Is your serpent star green? If so, they are known fish eaters; nick named the green stars of death in the reefing world. If it is just a brown, brittle star then you should be safe, but there are still mixed reviews with even those.

Is your serpent star green? If so, they are known fish eaters; nick named the green stars of death in the reefing world. If it is just a brown, brittle star then you should be safe, but there are still mixed reviews with even those.

Brown brittle star but serpent sounds much better. He is small for now and I will keep and eye on him.

This is one of my favorites for sure.

_MG_1840.jpg

Can't wait till it scrolls out more.

Did you take that picture with your so called low grade camera? Looks sweet, it will look even better as it grows out, congrats on the keeping the strick maint. schedule and having a great tank b/c of it!

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a good comparison of DI resin.

I bet your old resin is what caused the aiptasia to pop up, your tomini to nip at your corals and our late winter this year.

/nods

• 5 months later...

Haven't updated in awhile. Tank is pretty much on auto pilot minus weekly testing and bi monthly water changes. I am getting some sps and lps growth. Some zoas decided to melt and left a lot of bare rock that would have eventually been shadowed by other corals anyway. Other stand was put on hold until a friend finishes up some of his projects. Once new stand is done I will get everything moved over and add the last doser and get calcium dialed in.

http://s65.photobucket.com/user/kissmydsm/media/_MG_1915.jpg.html'>_MG_1915.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am upgrading once again to an even bigger tank. Not much of a nano but for anyone interested I will start another thread when I get the chance. For now here is a teaser pick of the new rimless. 50Lx25Wx16T. Water line should be right at 14 and 1/2 inches. Right around 70 Gallons. Front pane is low iron. That is all I could afford :P

post-64548-0-55698800-1413824384_thumb.jpg

Archived