Innovative Marine Aquariums

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

Omg I thought I was the only one!! Glad to know I'm not the only one, but at the same time, it's such a shame we're both cursed.

I know because I could come up with some good ones!

:(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
You should name him Alexandra or Stand depending on gender.

^ saxobeating reference

As a rule, I never name fish. I usually just refer to them what they are, such as "the angler" or "the clownfish". But my brother has come up with some not-so-good nicknames like "the blob", "blobface", and another which I'm pretty sure I can't say here, but it has to do with his color...

BTW painted anglers are sexually amorphic so there's no way to determine gender without a necropsy or watching them breed and see which one lays the eggs.

altolamprologus
needs more rock

Have you seen all the rock in my 29? I'm trying to do almost the complete opposite with this tank.

needs more rock

I think it looks best as it is, but whatever is best for the angler is what you should do. I really like the green bumpy stuff with the fuzzy tops.

altolamprologus
I think it looks best as it is, but whatever is best for the angler is what you should do. I really like the green bumpy stuff with the fuzzy tops.

The angler pretty much stays on the titan algae and the halimeda(bumpy fluffy stuff) so he's perfectly fine without more rock.

The angler pretty much stays on the titan algae and the halimeda(bumpy fluffy stuff) so he's perfectly fine without more rock.

What do you feed him? If it's live food, you should make a video of it.

altolamprologus
What do you feed him? If it's live food, you should make a video of it.

I feed him gut-loaded live ghost shrimp, but will be feeding different stuff soon. I'll definitely get a vid next time I feed.

I feed him gut-loaded live ghost shrimp, but will be feeding different stuff soon. I'll definitely get a vid next time I feed.

Does he have the little thingy on his head that attracts prey?

altolamprologus
Does he have the little thingy on his head that attracts prey?

Yes. And it's awesome :) If you look closely at the pics you can see a brownish fluffy ball sitting on top of him, that's his lure. In the first few pics I posted he has it out.

Such a cool & cute fish! :wub:

The angler pretty much stays on the titan algae and the *halimeda(bumpy fluffy stuff) so he's perfectly fine without more rock.

*C. Barbata :P

I like it without tons of rock, plus the macros will grow and take up more space anyways :D

altolamprologus
Such a cool & cute fish! :wub:

*C. Barbata :P

I like it without tons of rock, plus the macros will grow and take up more space anyways :D

You told me it was a halimeda species. I TRUSTED YOU!!!! Nevermind....

Yes, he is cool :D

OMG he is so neat! :wub:

Kind of looks like the current is kicking his butt! LMAO poor guy just flew across the tank there for a second!

Love him! Love the tank to looks great.

altolamprologus
OMG he is so neat! :wub:

Kind of looks like the current is kicking his butt! LMAO poor guy just flew across the tank there for a second!

Love him! Love the tank to looks great.

The other day he was floating around in circles in the high current area for a good 20 seconds before he finally was able to grab onto something. He usually stays out of the current though and just chills on the left side of the tank. When the macros grow in they'll stifle the flow.

The other day he was floating around in circles in the high current area for a good 20 seconds before he finally was able to grab onto something. He usually stays out of the current though and just chills on the left side of the tank. When the macros grow in they'll stifle the flow.

Love it!

Love the macros too their beautiful!

Archived