Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

altolamprologus
Welcomes. But to repay me since they were free, you MUST refer to them by the given names and you MUST post pictures of them every month. :happy:

So it's the Euphy's Yellow Sarah Palin Awesomeness sponge right? And the Euphy's Yummy Yellow Yumas?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it's the Euphy's Yellow Sarah Palin Awesomeness sponge right? And the Euphy's Yummy Yellow Yumas?

Yes, correct. :happy:

Remember: The Euphy's Yellow Sarah Palin Awesomeness Sponge can also be called the Euphy's I Hate Everyone Including Obama Sponge. :happy:

Oh, and the species is crapulata or shi t ii. :happy:

altolamprologus

My brother's mollies all had babies at the same time and he was kind enough to donate some to a good cause (Blobbasaurus rex's belly). I will be acclimating a few of them to saltwater over the next couple weeks and I hope they can eat some of my hair algae before they get eaten.

Just in case anyone cares about the genetics, the mom is a lyretail clementine (orange with white belly) and the father is unknown so we'll see what they end up looking like.

My brother's mollies all had babies at the same time and he was kind enough to donate some to a good cause (Blobbasaurus rex's belly). I will be acclimating a few of them to saltwater over the next couple weeks and I hope they can eat some of my hair algae before they get eaten.

Just in case anyone cares about the genetics, the mom is a lyretail clementine (orange with white belly) and the father is unknown so we'll see what they end up looking like.

Video of the hunt when it is time, please. :D

altolamprologus
Video of the hunt when it is time, please. :D

If I can convince my brother to donate more babies, I'll get a vid of a molly massacre :D

Blobby has been re-named Blobbosaurus rex. That is all.

:lol:

It's not so much that it's illegal, it's that it's almost guaranteed to go sexual at some point. And caulerpa going sexual in a skimmerless tank is a death sentence if I'm not there when it happens.

My caulerpa prolifera went sexual both in my RSM and the pico with no adverse affects to anything. I didn't have too much in terms of quantity to begin. I did have a skimmer in the RSM at the time but the pico has never had one.

Bongo Shrimp

I equate caulerpa to the black plague. But It's kinda cool to tell people I own a plant that's illegal in some states.

altolamprologus
I equate caulerpa to the black plague. But It's kinda cool to tell people I own a plant that's illegal in some states.

Yeah but it's illegal in my state so I don't really want to advertise it :lol: I love the look of caulerpa, but I have to be happy with the legal species

Bongo Shrimp
Yeah but it's illegal in my state so I don't really want to advertise it :lol: I love the look of caulerpa, but I have to be happy with the legal species

Oh I wasn't saying you should brag about it! I hate the stuff cause once you put it in your tank it NEVER goes away.

altolamprologus
Oh I wasn't saying you should brag about it! I hate the stuff cause once you put it in your tank it NEVER goes away.

That's why I have the majority of my caulerpa is isolated in the sand. I figure that way if I ever want to take it out, I won't have to worry about pieces being left on rocks. Although I do have some C. racemosa (illegal in cali) that popped up on a rock in my reef and no matter how many times I rip it out and try to get every last piece, it always comes back.

That's why I have the majority of my caulerpa is isolated in the sand. I figure that way if I ever want to take it out, I won't have to worry about pieces being left on rocks. Although I do have some C. racemosa (illegal in cali) that popped up on a rock in my reef and no matter how many times I rip it out and try to get every last piece, it always comes back.

Ooooh, alto is a criminaaaall!! :o

Tsk tsk... -_-

altolamprologus

I'm thinking of sumping this tank...Hair algae is really starting to piss me off and I think the micro-reefs sos sump would work perfectly

Bongo Shrimp
I'm thinking of sumping this tank...Hair algae is really starting to piss me off and I think the micro-reefs sos sump would work perfectly

Or you could go the phosban chaeto reactor route like I did. Much cheaper and easier. It sucks down phosphate and nitrate.

I've been looking at that sump too, Mike did a really good package set up there.

altolamprologus
Or you could go the phosban chaeto reactor route like I did. Much cheaper and easier. It sucks down phosphate and nitrate.

The chaeto would compete with my other macro algae though and it doesn't remove phos as much I need it to. I mostly just want a place to put filter floss and GFO.

I've been looking at that sump too, Mike did a really good package set up there.

So far it's gotten good reviews and I know Mike knows what he's doing so it seems like the perfect fit. I hate how there's always something that the tank needs. You can never be done spending!

altolamprologus

Well this is weird. I was feeding my sun corals and all of a sudden a swarm of about 10 tiny nass snails came up out of the sand. I've never had nass snails in any of my tanks so idk where they came from :huh: I did notice that they're all exactly the same size so maybe they came as eggs on something and hatched?

Hey how's everything?

Got a ? for you I got some new macros and I was wondering re the light cycle. I was running 8 on the DT and 16 on the Fuge but I just got some new Macros and don't want to cook them....

What's your suggested time for macros like Blue Ochtodes, Dragon's Breath, Red Grape, Red Titan and another red one I am not sure of..... :lol: Just wanted to pick your brain as you are the Macro Queen! ;)

altolamprologus
Hey how's everything?

Got a ? for you I got some new macros and I was wondering re the light cycle. I was running 8 on the DT and 16 on the Fuge but I just got some new Macros and don't want to cook them....

What's your suggested time for macros like Blue Ochtodes, Dragon's Breath, Red Grape, Red Titan and another red one I am not sure of..... :lol: Just wanted to pick your brain as you are the Macro Queen! ;)

Lol I just posted on your thread ;) I recommend 12 on/12 off, but you could do 14 on/10 off if you want, but not much more than that. Caulerpa and chaeto are the only macros that can be lit 24 hours a day.

BTW most of what I know about macros was learned from Yoshii. She's the true macro queen :)

Lol I just posted on your thread ;) I recommend 12 on/12 off, but you could do 14 on/10 off if you want, but not much more than that. Caulerpa and chaeto are the only macros that can be lit 24 hours a day.

BTW most of what I know about macros was learned from Yoshii. She's the true macro queen :)

The macro "Queens" Plural then! Thanks your awesome!

Hoping these babies grow for me like weeds!

RustyRocket

hmmm...Alto, still having issues with feeding my little dood frozen. He seems to be scared of everything... no matter if its my hand, tongs, chop stick and a piece of fishing line, as long as its connected to the surface he stays well away...

im struggling to get him interested even after starving him...hes just not interested in hand fed food...whats your suggestion now? been taking a stab at it for like while now...no idea what to try next

Bongo Shrimp
hmmm...Alto, still having issues with feeding my little dood frozen. He seems to be scared of everything... no matter if its my hand, tongs, chop stick and a piece of fishing line, as long as its connected to the surface he stays well away...

im struggling to get him interested even after starving him...hes just not interested in hand fed food...whats your suggestion now? been taking a stab at it for like while now...no idea what to try next

The way I got mine ultimately onto formula 1 cubes was to take the live food and the frozen in the tongs together and try to get him to eat both at the same time. It worked in about 2 weeks for me.

altolamprologus
The way I got mine ultimately onto formula 1 cubes was to take the live food and the frozen in the tongs together and try to get him to eat both at the same time. It worked in about 2 weeks for me.

Try this ^

And if he's still afraid of the tongs, let them sit in the tank with him a few hours a day. That should get him used to them

• 3 weeks later...

Archived