inTank Media Baskets

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

I saw a black angler at the LFS today and it made me think of you. The one in the box next to it was dead. :)

The water is now completely clear and the sponge seems to be doing well(hasn't died yet or lost color so I take that as a good sign). It's too early to tell is there's any growth on the halimeda though. I added a few hundred tigger pods from my cultures so I'm hoping those breeding there. I have been feeding live phyto and oyster feast everyday as well as a few flakes and mysis to keep the biological filtration up since there's no fish.

Pics!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
I saw a black angler at the LFS today and it made me think of you. The one in the box next to it was dead. :)

Pics!!

Aww poor angler :(

I'll post pics soon enough. I have to borrow a camera because pics from my phone aren't uploading. Not much to look at though. Just rock, sand, halimeda and a blue sponge. I'll draw you a picture if that helps

Pending a water test on saturday, I will probably be bringing the angler home this weekend :D

So what was that? Like a four day cycle? 111ngom.jpg

altolamprologus
So what was that? Like a four day cycle? 111ngom.jpg

Actually 0 day cycle. The live rock at my LFS is in a tank connected to the coral tanks so the water is well skimmed and clean. The rock is also cured there for a couple months before going up for sale and the rock was transported with a bunch of saltwater so there was no die-off :lol:

altolamprologus
you sure you don't want to be more cautious?

I know I am taking a risk adding the fish so soon, but I've been feeding the tank so it can already handle a bit of bioload and I will test the water on saturday then again on monday and if both are good I will get him monday.

There's just not much food for him at the store and I'm afraid he will starve to death if I wait too long

altolamprologus
ok. do what you want. not my tank.

I honestly don't think it will be that big of a deal adding him. It's a 1/2 inch fish with a very slow metabolism. Not much bioload there. The bacteria should be able to handle it no problem.

altolamprologus
didn't you say you where getting the angler and rock today? :huh:

No...I'll be getting the angler on monday probably. I'm not sure where you got the idea I was getting rock, I already have it lol. I'm getting a bunch of macro algae from yoshii today though.

altolamprologus
oh...i heard something like tommorrow im getting...so i thought that stuff up i guess. lol. well get pics of the macros when you get them :)

I will try, but no guarantees!!

No...I'll be getting the angler on monday probably. I'm not sure where you got the idea I was getting rock, I already have it lol. I'm getting a bunch of macro algae from yoshii today though.

Ah, Montag. -_-

Archived