Coral Vue Hydros

► Kessil LED Lights - WOW ◄

inTank

ThePhilosopher

Kind of expensive, but not by a great deal when compared to other lighting fixtures. Definitely looks like something to consider.

One question: When you claim that it is equivalent to a 150W metal halide, does that specifically refer to the PAR output of the bulb? Because if so, that would make this little baby almost 5 times as efficient as a metal halide.

Saw this video on your website about them:

"Unlike ther LED lights I get really cool shimmer with these ...Other LED lights you dont get any type of shimmer effect.."

wut?

Kind of expensive, but not by a great deal when compared to other lighting fixtures. Definitely looks like something to consider.

One question: When you claim that it is equivalent to a 150W metal halide, does that specifically refer to the PAR output of the bulb? Because if so, that would make this little baby almost 5 times as efficient as a metal halide.

"A150W" does not mean it's supposed to be equal to a 150w MH, it refers to the light spread

This little light really does make the coral's colors pop :)

Saw this video on your website about them:

"Unlike ther LED lights I get really cool shimmer with these ...Other LED lights you dont get any type of shimmer effect.."

wut?

Hahahaha what the hell is he talking about?

I have literally never seen a tank with LEDs NOT have that effect.

Man he brilliant is inside brain thing.

Have you hooked one up and tried it yet? If so would one of these be enough to cover a biocube 14?

Yes we tested them out in June on a RSM. I would say one on a BC14 is fine. I would personally want two on a RSM 34 gallon. You can lift them higher for a wider spread. For the price of two you equal to what my MH was at the time. With a lot less heat and energy consumption!

ThePhilosopher
"A150W" does not mean it's supposed to be equal to a 150w MH, it refers to the light spread

This little light really does make the coral's colors pop :)

Okay then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Man he brilliant is inside brain thing.

You never know with these shop owners. From the eye I would say they shimmer a little more than other LEDs I have seen on tanks, but that is subjective. You get a shimmer, as expected with LED. These are different where you don't have a huge number of individual leds across a light or heatsink. It is concentrated more like a MH bulb.

They are unique to me and maybe others. We know acrylic inside and out and Kessil is the one to ask about any very technical questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Got to see all the models at MACNA. Pretty neat light with such a small footprint.

I have two 10K on my 57 oceanic illuminata....AWESOME LIGHTS with SPS, clams and LPS

• 3 weeks later...
Kessil presents the A150W Sky Blue 32W LED Fixture

It is compared to a 150W MH light but at 32W

Thanks for such a quick response. Now I'm less confused lol.

• 1 month later...
Red Sea Reefer

Can these lights be added with the gooseneck clamps while maintaning the clean look of the RSM 130? With the hood off can you fabricate anything to cover the back of the tank so the skimmer/media/electrical is not visible? These lights would solve so many of my problems with electrical consumption, but I need the clean look of the RSM.

I have my tank place in the entry foyer of my house. The first thing you see as you come in is a side view of the RSM. The look has to be clean to keep the wife happy.

The stock hood/lighting will require a chiller for me. My wife keeps the house temp around 80-82 durring the summer. I have never complained as our electrical KWH rates top out at over 0.30 cents. With the hood off and LED lighting with a fan to aid in evaporative cooling I might be able to be by without a chiller.

If I could add those lights with a clean look I would buy two in a heartbeat.

For the longest I thought they used 150w, but it means it is caparable. I really think they should get rid of the A150w part of the label. I bet I wasn't the only one.

Archived