Top Shelf Aquatics

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marathon? What an animal!!!!!

I was an animal yesterday. Today I'm a weak-legged fawn. Man, I hurt.

Awesome! Marathons are so cool!

Glad the tank is doing well the SPS seem to be growing like weeds for you!

They are doing pretty darn good. Everything (SPS) is coloring up so nicely. My tricolor's encrusted base now has a beautiful green rim.

I love my Tricolor! Got it from Tron, damn thing grows like a weed in my tank! They all do but the Purple Plasma, he is a bit slower and more sensitive.

I love my sticks! Never wanted to get into them but man once I did it was full guerrilla! Just need more Rics now!

I feel the same way. At first I was like, "Ooooh, zoas. Sticks are lame." Now I'm like, "SPS dominant is the only way to go bro! Zoas are alright. Good for trading." :lol:

I feel the same way. At first I was like, "Ooooh, zoas. Sticks are lame." Now I'm like, "SPS dominant is the only way to go bro! Zoas are alright. Good for trading." :lol:

Their quick $$$ vs waiting a year to frag your SPS to make anything! ;)

Rics, Zoas and LPS for the bottom half of my tank SPS on the top 1/3 of the tank! LMAO I love my silly sticks! ;)

So I ran the LA Marathon today. I met my goal and I really couldn't be happier. The weather was very forgiving and the people were great. God bless the volunteers out there. The highlight of my run was the West Hollywood Cheerleaders. I was like :lol:. Sometimes, when you're in pain, you need a little laugh. Oh, and my legs are shot. I feel like a little old man walking around the house. But it was worth the In-n-Out afterwards for sure.

That's awesome! Congrats!!!! I thought you might be running yesterday :happy:

There's a lady my husband works with whose boyfriend woke up last week and decided he would run the marathon on Sunday. He works out, but doesn't train for marathons. Well, this isn't the first time he's made a last minute decision. I guess last time he couldn't walk right for a week! I'll be curious to hear how this one turned out for him :lol:

Well, this isn't the first time he's made a last minute decision. I guess last time he couldn't walk right for a week! I'll be curious to hear how this one turned out for him :lol:

:lol:

Sounds funnier like that!

That's awesome! Congrats!!!! I thought you might be running yesterday :happy:

There's a lady my husband works with whose boyfriend woke up last week and decided he would run the marathon on Sunday. He works out, but doesn't train for marathons. Well, this isn't the first time he's made a last minute decision. I guess last time he couldn't walk right for a week! I'll be curious to hear how this one turned out for him :lol:

Thanks Gena! That guy is nuts. I trained hard for 18+ weeks. I put in over 600 miles during that time. I am very sore today. I couldn't imagine running a race like that without training.

Thanks Gena! That guy is nuts. I trained hard for 18+ weeks. I put in over 600 miles during that time. I am very sore today. I couldn't imagine running a race like that without training.

Yes..he's nuts! I'm sure he's doing irreparable damage to his body! He's not young either...in his 40s.

Do they give In-n-Out free at the end? I think I'd have to splurge and have a vanilla milkshake too :) Now I'm craving a double singe protein style with fries and a vanilla milkshake!!!!!

My son is off for spring break....we may have to do lunch there today :)

I busted out my iPhone and searched on maps for the closest In-n-Out. It was in Westwood. I was like, "Give me a double double meal now!!!"

I busted out my iPhone and searched on maps for the closest In-n-Out. It was in Westwood. I was like, "Give me a double double meal now!!!"

:)

I feel sorry for people who don't have regular accessibility to an In-n-Out :lol:

I might make you cry then..... What is an In-n-Out?

Well.....there are a few thing that could be, but I think they are speaking of burgers. And they are very, very good!

Well.....there are a few thing that could be, but I think they are speaking of burgers. And they are very, very good!

:lol: gotcha

It's one of the best burger places in California. I struggle sometimes with deciding between them and The Habit. I never had one until my second child was born. My wife, post labor, was starving for a burger. I saw The Habit on the way to the hospital and grabbed a couple. I've been hooked ever since.

I STILL haven't been to The Habit yet!!!! Whenever we're in the mood for burgers...we run to In-n-Out!!!!!! It's delicious and inexpensive...what more could you ask for???? :lol:

surgicalsense
I haven't heard of this Habit? Must be new since I left, 8 years ago.

It is delish .. however, on the $ side. Total healthy no fry burger joint basically.

Hello there, CJ?

surgicalsense
Howdy SS. When's the big move?

August and Pismo has not gotten back to me about the magnetic frag rack company.

• 2 weeks later...

So, last minute, I decided to throw the family in the car and drive down to Orange County for the Marine Aquarium Expo. We had a blast, especially the kids. I ended up getting a custom SPS frag pack from Age of Aquariums. I got 5 pieces of SPS for $150 which isn't too bad.

I got a frag of:

• ORA Orange Montipora Digitata
  • ORA Red Planet Table
  • ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata
  • Aussie Highlighter Acropora
  • Blue Hoki

I am really happy with my purchases. Only a few more until I'm "done". I may get rid of some LPS to make room for more SPS. :lol: I will post picks of my frags tomorrow. For now, I'll post some stock photos from the net.

MontiporaDigitataOrange0.jpg

red_planet.jpg

5002210202_c1468462c1.jpg

AussieHighlighterAcro-39per1frag-1.jpg

AcroporahoeksemaiDeepBlue10KCloseup.jpg

Archived