Sargassum Playcarpum

Gelidium Sp.
Gracilaria Hayi
Halymenia Elongata
Blue Ochtodes
Eucheuma Spinosum

Scinia Sp.
Fuchea Sp.

Im always looking for more macros, if your selling something I dont have send me a pm maybe ill buy it or we can do a trade :flower:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkenmonk21

Yea the Pink Galaxy is a pretty macro. I do plan on letting it grow out as much as I can.

Still want to add a lot of other macros, just waiting for someone to have them available.

drunkenmonk21

Pic of my hammer coral

55gMacroreef035.jpg

Cleaner shrimp

Salttank118.jpg

Cant find the pics of the Porcelain Crab I took when I put him in, he rarely comes out of hiding not sure when ill be able to get another pic of the little sob.

drunkenmonk21

Hey Keydiver thanks, all the macros I got from you are doing great!! I would definitely recommend buying Macros from you anytime! Had a turbo mow down the octodes to half sent a couple pieces out in the water now I have about 3 or 4 colonies of it growing lol. Good thing is its a great looking macro!

Ive decided im going to switch my tank over to a 40b with a 20g sump, I like the depth back it will add, Ill lose a bit of height but im not to worried about that.

Any suggestions on what to add are welcome. Im looking to get a randalls goby, maybe a couple yellow clown gobies.

Hey Keydiver thanks, all the macros I got from you are doing great!! I would definitely recommend buying Macros from you anytime! Had a turbo mow down the octodes to half sent a couple pieces out in the water now I have about 3 or 4 colonies of it growing lol. Good thing is its a great looking macro!

Ive decided im going to switch my tank over to a 40b with a 20g sump, I like the depth back it will add, Ill lose a bit of height but im not to worried about that.

Any suggestions on what to add are welcome. Im looking to get a randalls goby, maybe a couple yellow clown gobies.

If you're looking for a goby that's compatible with pistol shrimp, check out yasha gobies, they're awesome. Other things that do great in macro tanks are seahorses and pipefish, or if you want something more aggressive, anglers and frogfish do well.

drunkenmonk21

I thought about seahorses but from what I read, temps have to be around 74, I sometimes let my house get up to 80, and I dont really want to buy a chiller so that one is out, plus it seems like alot of feeding and cleaning.

Are Pipefish ok in tanks with gobies, or higher temps?

drunkenmonk21

Im wanting to get a couple yellow clown gobies or green banded gobies not sure yet.

I like the yasha and the candy stripe Im hoping to get one or the other, would they get alone if I got both?

The pistol shrimp has succeeded in sinking the rock above his home a bit, hope its ok. Im waiting to see if more sand is being moved around. He is a bulldozer lol.

drunkenmonk21

Noticed a new small head starting on the hammer coral today :D crazy it is splitting and producing a new head at the same time... is that normal lol

Monk

drunkenmonk21

Here are some pics of new rock I got. Lots of interesting things growing on it. Couple Clams some coral, lots of macros I need to identify.

Heres the first one Its some stoney coral with Green clear extenders, dont know what it is yet. Its a pretty green color

NewRock012.jpg

One of the clams or oysters, IDK

NewRock010.jpg

And some pics of the new rock

NewRock006.jpg

NewRock001.jpg

NewRock007.jpg

NewRock003.jpg

I cant find a used 40b for the life of me, wish I would have bought one when the 1$ a gallon sale was going on, Now its 109$ lol

Here are some pics of new rock I got. Lots of interesting things growing on it. Couple Clams some coral, lots of macros I need to identify.

Nice life on that rock. You'll probably be finding surprises on that for weeks. I also love the Ochtodes!

drunkenmonk21

Well the pink Galaxy and Scroll seems to be going downhill, on a good note, everything else is growing pretty strong. More pics to come soon!

Updated macro list, Going to be ording some Sexys soon :naughtydance:

drunkenmonk21

Got my 40b today, now to get started with the drilling and pluming. Going to have a 20 long underneath. And I have to build a stand for it, Cant wait to transfer over everything. Just not enough depth in the 55g.

drunkenmonk21

Well, I was checking out my aquarium tonight with a flashlight, seen some brownish shrimp with one white stripe across its back about an inch long... kinda looks like a mantis. It disappeared quickly.

Well im sitting there trying to find this thing again, and all of a sudden something goes flying through the water swimming like a bat out of hell, it hits the top of the water splashes, then disappears into the rock. This scared the crap out of me cause it came out of no where lol. Next thing I know.... baby peppermints out the yin yang... everywhere all over the tank lol. I wish I had had a video camera with me it was crazy.

I noticed the eggs on the pep a couple days ago and forgot all about it. O_O

I did take some vid of the little guys being pushed around by the powerheads lol, but my tank is dirty :P

drunkenmonk21

Got a couple macros in the mail today sent from kgoldy, well packed and looking great, Thanks!

heres a couple pics of the Gracilaria and Ulva. Got some C. prolifera but couldnt get a pic of it cause I put it in the back of the tank to grow up.

Large piece of Gracilaria

Newstuff123004.jpg

Ulva Stuffed into a crack for now.

Newstuff123006.jpg

That ulva really likes a lot of flow. It tends to pop up in random places all over my system- mostly ON the nozzles of my returns and powerheads.

A crack in the rock might not be the best spot for it to be permanently...

Tank is lookin good!

drunkenmonk21

Thanks Kgoldy, Yeah im trying to find a good spot for it, there is a powerhead pointed right at it atm but ill have to find a better location soon. I need to get a new FTS. Thanks again!

drunkenmonk21

Took some new pics. Some new stuff growing in!!

Sargassum, Caulerpa, and Gracilaria

Macrotank9-9-11023.jpg

Looks like dictoya

Macrotank9-9-11022.jpg

Red titan

Macrotank9-9-11021.jpg

Red Grape

Macrotank9-9-11017.jpg

Scroll Algae

Macrotank9-9-11016.jpg

Nemastoma

Macrotank9-9-11005.jpg

Blue Ochtodes and Caulerpa serrulata

Macrotank9-9-11013.jpg

Codium

Macrotank9-9-11011.jpg

Hammer and Balanophyllia

Macrotank9-9-11012.jpg

Macrotank9-9-11010.jpg

Macrotank9-9-11015.jpg

Macrotank9-9-11007.jpg

Looking great! I love the titan - going to have to get some of that. What is that yellow-orange splotch on your front rock? Is that a sponge? The coralline is looking nice as well.

Looking great! I love the titan - going to have to get some of that. What is that yellow-orange splotch on your front rock? Is that a sponge? The coralline is looking nice as well.

Thanks Grmoore yes the titan is looking great, got it from Keydiver couple months ago. The yellow-orange are sponges that hitched in on some live rock I got from glr.\

On a side note: my Cleaner shrimp died the other day, he was acting odd that morning, not reacting to me at all. Checked water perams not a thing off. He was pretty big bout 3" or more so he might of been old not sure. Found him dead on the sand in the corner of the tank. No marks on him at all.

Thanks Grmoore yes the titan is looking great, got it from Keydriver couple months ago. The yellow-orange are sponges that hitched in on some live rock I got from glr.\

On a side note: my Cleaner shrimp died the other day, he was acting odd that morning, not reacting to me at all. Checked water perams not a thing off. He was pretty big bout 3" or more so he might of been old not sure. Found him dead on the sand in the corner of the tank. No marks on him at all.

Bad molt perhaps? I know that's known to happen. If they aren't able to go through their molt they die.

Tanks looking good man. I'm jealous. Lol, I'm going through my diatom phase so things are lookin poopy, but it should pass in a week or two. In a month or two your tank will look awesome when everything fills out.

ThePhilosopher

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but have you had any problems with your CUC eating your macros? I had a few hitchhiking macros I wanted to keep but they ended up getting demolished by my CUC.

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but have you had any problems with your CUC eating your macros? I had a few hitchhiking macros I wanted to keep but they ended up getting demolished by my CUC.

I've only had trouble with amphipods devouring my Ulva, so I try to keep a good supply of it growing to keep them away from the pretty stuff. The snails only seem to be interested in decaying plant material, so I seldom see them on the good stuff. They will typically clean up the decaying part and leave the healthy growth alone. It could be your hitchhiker macros were starting to fade, thus triggering the CUC into action.

Archived