Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 2.5 Gallon AIO Nano Reef

iball1804

Yeah, I would not remove more than you need to but the teeth are there mostly to keep fish from going over the overflow and I dought you will be having any fish so it doesn't matter really. I would take out a couple and then let the tank run a couple of hours and see if the film on top is going away.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect. I might keep a small clown goby down the road... I bet he will be fine.

Tomorrow I will start by knocking off one tooth at a time. Hopefully this cures my film problem AND my pump water level problem as well. Wow!

Alright so a broke some of the teeth and it raised the water level in te pump chamber, but didn't get rid of the film. I will probably just make another surface skimming box with just a return pump on one side of the tank.

I did add some corals! Pics soon...

Tried that, don't have enough flow for any real cresting. Another overflow here I come!! :P

New shots:

6043030844_0ec757bea9.jpg

IMG_2767 by iball1804, on Flickr

New corals (ricordea, ricordea, zoas, shrooms):

6043029906_3a1135e56e.jpg

IMG_2766 by iball1804, on Flickr

Healthy xenia (either fully open or completely closed :huh: ):

6043029028_9330e597d9.jpg

IMG_2765 by iball1804, on Flickr

Another shot:

6042484073_e2f114636f.jpg

IMG_2764 by iball1804, on Flickr

All frags for 50$. Is that a good deal? And please ignore the diatoms, they will go away!

Comment/criticize. Whatever. :happy:

Thanks! I re-read your pico thread, loved the competition between you and your Wife. :)

Anyone else? Ideas for corals? Scape? Lighting?

Yoshii! Glad to see you stop by. I've seen you threads and have scanned for the past months or so. Love your pico.

What do you think I should add next? I am thinking a small hammer on the far right island, more zoas, GSP, maybe a Duncan, and a small YCG. What do you think?

Yoshii! Glad to see you stop by. I've seen you threads and have scanned for the past months or so. Love your pico.

What do you think I should add next? I am thinking a small hammer on the far right island, more zoas, GSP, maybe a Duncan, and a small YCG. What do you think?

Oh, thank you :)

I know a lot of people dislike it, but GSP would look nice :) Since your scape is made up of a lot of rubble pieces I think it would easy to remove any extra GSP you don't want

Also, I couldn't quite tell from the pics, but if you have rocks/rubble up against the front glass, you should move them or take them out as that spot will collect detritus like crazy

btw, where'd you buy your tank?

You're welcome!

Yes there is about a 1/4" inch gap between te rock and the glass. During y weekly water changes (~1 gallon), I siphon everywhere with aquarium pump hosing. It's super easy to clean up junk that builds up.

I bougt it at petsmart for 10$. Then I took off the top rim and made the whole overflow area with my dad.

You're welcome!

Yes there is about a 1/4" inch gap between te rock and the glass. During y weekly water changes (~1 gallon), I siphon everywhere with aquarium pump hosing. It's super easy to clean up junk that builds up.

I bougt it at petsmart for 10$. Then I took off the top rim and made the whole overflow area with my dad.

Don't you love those $10 PetsMart tanks? I like the look without the top rim, but I wanted a cover on mine so I kept it. Nice little project that you and your dad with the overflow.

Some nice modifications.

llj

Gracias!

Saw your 2.5 thread and LED fixture. I would take the glass lid off to led the gasses be free! But otherwise it's great! Fill er' up! :)

One of my ricordeas is acting weird. The mouth is very open and half of its body is looking weird. It looks like the weird half it dying! Is it splitting?

Gracias!

Saw your 2.5 thread and LED fixture. I would take the glass lid off to led the gasses be free! But otherwise it's great! Fill er' up! :)

One of my ricordeas is acting weird. The mouth is very open and half of its body is looking weird. It looks like the weird half it dying! Is it splitting?

That could be why the ph is so low, huh? I may do that for now. Hmmm, thanks.

As for your ricordea, I've seen pictures of one make that gunk to start a clone, but I've never seen one split.

That could be! Yeah take off your lid and see the pH change.

I will be adding some more corals soon. Any suggestions?

Update!

- still need to fix the surface film, need to make another skimmer box.

- one of my ricordea died, completely melted away. Completely.

- Xenia is dying? Whats up with this corals? It was absolutely georgeous one day and the next it is dead?

- added 3 asters snails to clean up the diatoms.

- added chaeto (YES!) in the third filtration chamber.

To do list:

- buy more frags!

- buy hydor pico evolution 200/400 for second skimming box

- create skimming box

- buy a nano mag cleaner for that wall hugging scape! :P

Comments suggestions? I'm staying on top of my water changes!!!

Alright I will be buying some corals in the near future. Below are the listed species I would like. Simply reply or PM me for the size and price. I am looking for super small frags.

- hammer

- fragspawn

- ricordea

- GSP

- colorful zoas

- bright mushrooms

- maybe Xenia

Yeah just contact me either way. Looking to spend 5-15$ per frag

Hahaha well then. Thanks anyways.

All the frags around here are at least 40$+. Even for a plug of zoanthids.

Yeah probably. Even at that it's hard to find a good deal.

Except for maybe Mr. Coral. They sometimes have some good stuff going on. Do you know what they charge for shipping?

That's not bad.

Well I'm happy as long as I get at least one polyp that's happy and healthy. I'm going to scan their catalog right now.

Archived