Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sweet<3's Clownfish Adventure

sweet<3

nice pics of the babies. your on the good path to make some nice clowns.

i think Perc's develope slower than occy. my rods onyx babies are only 1" or so and they are not getting very black yet. seems that pickle got snows all over the place and my onyx are taking forever to get going.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice pics of the babies. your on the good path to make some nice clowns.

i think Perc's develope slower than occy. my rods onyx babies are only 1" or so and they are not getting very black yet. seems that pickle got snows all over the place and my onyx are taking forever to get going.

Ya that's what I'm hearing =( I hear that Onyx take the longest to develop because the black takes so long to come in -_-

Pickle makes everything look easy.

Here is to months and months of patience!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I just wanted to give an update on the babies! They are right around 45 days and getting so cute!! They are a pain in the butt to try and photograph though so please forgive the crappy pics.

So this pic is a little older than the rest but I just wanted to show how small the babies are compared to the bubbles....

IMG_5441.jpg

Party in the corner!

IMG_5479.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

Im still jealous ha, what type of clowns are those ?

:lol: These are from the Onyx Percula parents. The black is the last thing to develop so I have a long way to go before I know if they are going to be Onyx! But I'm so excited that they have made it this far I don't care if they are plain old perculas haha.

:lol: These are from the Onyx Percula parents. The black is the last thing to develop so I have a long way to go before I know if they are going to be Onyx! But I'm so excited that they have made it this far I don't care if they are plain old perculas haha.

That's what i was told too, im going to be getting a onyx and a picasso by the end of this week.. the onyx i was looking at had all black coloration connected on one side but on the other side it was close to connecting . hopefully as it grows the other side gets darker. :huh:

great job sweetheart,, welcome to the club!!!

Thank you!! It's a little intimidating with all of the successful breeders on nano-reef but I'm glad I can finally be a part of it!

Thank you!! It's a little intimidating with all of the successful breeders on nano-reef but I'm glad I can finally be a part of it!

you shouldn't be intimidated. maybe honored. haha j/k

reason i started breeding was because of pickle and Rich and rudy.

ah I couldn't find this topic yes I found it lol! Well I am still in for some naked clowns... any status on success with them?

:lol: Well the nakeds aren't laying just yet. They have just recently reached breeding size, but hopefully they will start soon! I will have onyx/platinum/picassos before I have nakeds though.

you shouldn't be intimidated. maybe honored. haha j/k

reason i started breeding was because of pickle and Rich and rudy.

Oh very honored! Haha. All of the information on this forum has been so helpful!

• 1 month later...

Here is an update on the babies:

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg

1.jpg

This ones mouth cracks me up...

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

And for size...

IMG_5504.jpg

I haven't been able to raise another clutch since for various reasons (mostly because the males eat all the eggs -_- )

But this time around may just be different....

Eggs-1.jpg

This is the largest amount of eggs the pair has left alone past 24 hours. And they are fertile! (I think this may have been an issue before)

Fingers crossed!!

im having the same trouble. some stopped breeding and the others are eating their eggs.

Ugh its so frustrating. I think we all need to sit down with these fish and have a talk... I was so excited to see that they were leaving me so many eggs to hatch.

In other news. I woke up at 6 am to 20 gallons of water on my carpet. The back of one of my breeder tanks separated at the seam and POURED water everywhere. My fish were inches away from death :(

altolamprologus
Ugh its so frustrating. I think we all need to sit down with these fish and have a talk... I was so excited to see that they were leaving me so many eggs to hatch.

In other news. I woke up at 6 am to 20 gallons of water on my carpet. The back of one of my breeder tanks separated at the seam and POURED water everywhere. My fish were inches away from death :(

:eek: Good thing you woke up. Where'd you put the fish?

Haha I came up with the most frankensteined system I have pulled off yet. I will have to take a picture :D Words just can't describe haha

altolamprologus
Haha I came up with the most frankensteined system I have pulled off yet. I will have to take a picture :D Words just can't describe haha

Sounds like it might be similar to my QT tank. Half filled, pieces of LR rubble from my DT, 2 undersized heaters, an airline rubberbanded to a suction cup on the bottom, a random bag of carbon, and a light meant for a tank half the size :lol:

That sounds awesome!! I used the 55 gallon sump from the system. It is filled with bioballs. I used two smaller tanks that I had that are sectioned off. I put those inside of the sump and balanced them on pieces of pvc to keep the edges out of the water. Then I put a small return pump in and ran in through the two sectioned of tanks. My G5 skimmer wouldn't fit so I put a G2 in there. The water level in the tank is so high you can barely see the cup sticking out of the bioballs. Its really hilarious. I need to get this tank fixed asap...haha.

altolamprologus
That sounds awesome!! I used the 55 gallon sump from the system. It is filled with bioballs. I used two smaller tanks that I had that are sectioned off. I put those inside of the sump and balanced them on pieces of pvc to keep the edges out of the water. Then I put a small return pump in and ran in through the two sectioned of tanks. My G5 skimmer wouldn't fit so I put a G2 in there. The water level in the tank is so high you can barely see the cup sticking out of the bioballs. Its really hilarious. I need to get this tank fixed asap...haha.

Wow I need to see a pic of that! Tanks inside of tanks...I never would have thought of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually yes! I haven't wanted to say anything for fear of jynxing myself, but my onyx pair left me about 100 eggs to hatch out and they all hatched. They are on day 5 and I am so excited!! I wasn't sure if the eggs were going to survive the broken tank catastrophe, and they hatched two days late. I was holding my breathe!! But things are going well so fingers crossed!!

How are things going with your projects??

if you want a nice divided tank like mine, i had my tanks made by someone in cali. not sure if he is making tanks anymore. but he work was great on my 2 tanks. would solve your tank issue. hehe

Actually yes! I haven't wanted to say anything for fear of jynxing myself, but my onyx pair left me about 100 eggs to hatch out and they all hatched. They are on day 5 and I am so excited!! I wasn't sure if the eggs were going to survive the broken tank catastrophe, and they hatched two days late. I was holding my breathe!! But things are going well so fingers crossed!!

How are things going with your projects??

well tonight im collecting 2 batches, my picasso pair and my snowflake pair, im excited, thought it was last night but na they waited an extra day, so tonights the night, im excited!!!

Archived