So today these guys laid...

Platonyx.jpg

Day1onyxplat.jpg

Papaplat.jpg

Day 8 for the last batch...

Day8.jpg

Day82.jpg

Day84.jpg

I can't wait to see what the onyx x platinum will look like!! I hope these guys are good parents and don't eat the eggs.

Haha they have laid twice and only left me one egg both times. So hopefully this one works out a little better. I really want to see what they produce!

Haha they have laid twice and only left me one egg both times. So hopefully this one works out a little better. I really want to see what they produce!
hate when the parents do that, very nice clutch hopefully they dont eat them and let them hatch out!!!
Ugh! Almost all of the Onyx x Platinum eggs were eaten =(
damn..... well my ww are laying a nest right now and im hoping they get fertalized....keep going they will stop
Alpha Aquaculture
[*]Darwin x Extreme Snowflake

Snowdarwin.jpg

**I apologize in advance for the terrible pics.

What else could I say but sweeeeeet!!! Thank you for sharing with us. I think your pics are great btw. Especially the ones of the babies. You must have been at it for hours lol. Were you able to raise that single baby? It would be such a special clown and story if it was the first one you raised all by himself. I like how you have 9 pairs of clowns before you had eggs. It makes me feel better about having 20 pairs before eggs lol. I love the extreme snowflake in the picture above. Mind me asking what breeder produced such a beautiful clown? Also, I really like your Darwins!!! :)

I got my fingers crossed for you! Next time no egg eaters and a bunch of 500 egg clutches :)

damn..... well my ww are laying a nest right now and im hoping they get fertalized....keep going they will stop

Good luck to you!! It can be really frustrating!

What else could I say but sweeeeeet!!! Thank you for sharing with us. I think your pics are great btw. Especially the ones of the babies. You must have been at it for hours lol. Were you able to raise that single baby? It would be such a special clown and story if it was the first one you raised all by himself. I like how you have 9 pairs of clowns before you had eggs. It makes me feel better about having 20 pairs before eggs lol. I love the extreme snowflake in the picture above. Mind me asking what breeder produced such a beautiful clown? Also, I really like your Darwins!!! :)

I got my fingers crossed for you! Next time no egg eaters and a bunch of 500 egg clutches :)

Haha thanks =) Ya the pics are the best I could do these guys are tiny! Unfortunately the one little guy didn't make it =( The five guys I have now are on day nine from my onyx pair. But ya it would have been really neat if the little one had made it! I really wanted to raise my own pairs to breeding age instead of just buying breeding pairs. And somehow I ended up with nine pairs that now are probably going to be overwhelming haha. The extreme snow is from ORA. He really is a beautiful fish.

Thanks for the comments and hopefully your pairs start laying for you!

wow great job

Thanks so much :happy:

UGH! What's up with our fish?? Hopefully they leave the 20 eggs and you can raise them. Awesome video they are beautiful fish!

eggs were all gone !!!! its cool they are starters anyways, im hoping with 3 more clutches male catches on, thats what my snowcasso male used to do, but now he's good at it...lol

eggs were all gone !!!! its cool they are starters anyways, im hoping with 3 more clutches male catches on, thats what my snowcasso male used to do, but now he's good at it...lol

Oh man all of my Plat x onyx eggs are gone too =( That's encouraging that your snowcasso grew out of it though! Hopefully our boys catch on soon!

man i hope wen mine lay (if they ever do) they dont always eat all the eggs lol gl with ur breeding

Ya its something that you should expect to happen the first few clutches, but hopefully after that they stop!

altolamprologus
Ok...so my naked pair and my darwin x black ice pair are cleaning like crazy!!! Cross your fingers!

omgomgomgomgomgomgfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed Good luck!!!

BTW, how are the onyx babies doing? Any new pics?

this is awesome I'm a beginner and love clowns too!!! I currently have a drawing with a regular ocellaris, I'm locking forwar to breed some time in the future! I'm exited to see the odd combinations of this hybrid! altho some people disagree with that, +1

There not a hybrid just 2 different types of percs

altolamprologus
Onyx babies are doing great!

Fry4.jpg

Fry2.jpg

Hopefully this pair lays again soon...

IMG_5399-1.jpg

The babies are so cute!!

I hope the onyx x platinum lay again too. I don't think I've ever seen that combo before.

Have you considered artificial incubation? It's a lot of work, but if they keep eating the eggs it might be worth a shot.

There not a hybrid just 2 different types of percs

I think they were referring to two different types of ocellaris.

That onyx is nice and big

She is huge! Five inches easy =)

The babies are so cute!!

I hope the onyx x platinum lay again too. I don't think I've ever seen that combo before.

Have you considered artificial incubation? It's a lot of work, but if they keep eating the eggs it might be worth a shot.

I am definitely considering it. I think the problem is that the male is not fertilizing them though. So incubating them wouldn't do any good =( Hopefully he learns soon!

I think they were referring to two different types of ocellaris.

She is huge! Five inches easy =)

I am definitely considering it. I think the problem is that the male is not fertilizing them though. So incubating them wouldn't do any good =( Hopefully he learns soon!

imo just leave them alone , if they are new at breeding well it takes time, the male will eventually figure things out, if you see the male follow the female while they are breeding, and i mean right behind her every move then he's fertalizing, but like i said give it time and it will pay off....

imo just leave them alone , if they are new at breeding well it takes time, the male will eventually figure things out, if you see the male follow the female while they are breeding, and i mean right behind her every move then he's fertalizing, but like i said give it time and it will pay off....

I am leaving them alone for a while but wouldn't rule out incubating them in the future. The male does follow the female, but the problem is that the eggs don't darken like maturing eggs do. They stay bright orange. Maybe three out of the whole batch darken up and mature. And if I am lucky they leave one. So I am guessing that he just hasn't gotten the hang of fertilizing yet??

I am leaving them alone for a while but wouldn't rule out incubating them in the future. The male does follow the female, but the problem is that the eggs don't darken like maturing eggs do. They stay bright orange. Maybe three out of the whole batch darken up and mature. And if I am lucky they leave one. So I am guessing that he just hasn't gotten the hang of fertilizing yet??

yeah thats probably your problem... im also thinking that being only their first couple batches they still are nw to the whole breeding thing, like i said it took my male snowcasso a while to stop eating eggs and he finally did!!!

Archived