I originally purchased this tank in May 2011 in order to house a mated pair of F1 'Rio Monga' Amatitlania sp. ‘Honduran red point’ cichlids in a planted setting. I had always planned on moving on to reefing when I got around to buying a house, however shortly after setting this tank up I just couldn't resist the temptation to setup a reef system. And, being a design engineer by trade, I also could not resist the urge to tinker. Thus I have now ripped out the rear filtration system, installed an overflow, built a custom "display-style" sump/refugium in order to take advantage of the glass front on the stand, and packed the drawer full of all kinds of electronic gadgetry. So now it is August, 2011 - the construction is nearly complete and the last of the equipment is on the way. Cycling to commence in roughly 3 weeks. Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. The HRPs now reside in my 125g freshwater CA/SA tank across the room.
- Display: 20"x20"x20" 34g Solana Cube modded with Glass-holes.com Super Nano Con Dientes overflow kit
- Sump: 15"x15"x15" 14.6g custom built "display-style" sump/refugium, lit by a 6W 8000k Ecoxotic Stunner Strip
- Lighting: Current USA Solana Pendant retrofitted with 250W Blue Wave MH Ballast
- Circulation: Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10 EcoSmart | Hydor Koralia Nano 425
- Return: Eheim Compact+ 3000
- Skimmer: SWC Xtreme 120 Cone
- Heating: CA 150 watt Titanium Reef Heater
- Cooling: Azoo Quad Cooling Fan Unit
- Controller: Neptune Apex Lite
- RO/DI: BRS 75gpd 5 Stage *PLUS* System w/ Dual TDS Meter
- Temperature: 78-79°F
- Ph: 8.1
- Specific Gravity: 1.026 (35ppt)
- Alkalinity: 12 dKH
- Coral Banded Shrimp
- Pipe Organ Coral (Tubipora musica)
Edited by Hydronaut, 17 October 2011 - 03:12 AM.