inTank Media Baskets

Tanked!

wartskin

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do enjoy watching them, but like stated above.. I wish there was more technicalities. I also wished they did more than just "fish only" tanks.

Also with the non RO/DI water, I did notice them filling tanks with water hoses. If it came from the city water or a reserve truck, I have no idea. Overall, I will still watch it.

Is using RO/DI on a fish only tank that doesn't have any live rock that important? I suppose it all really depends on what is in the "life support" they put under the tank and how long they let it run before adding fish.

My first thought when I saw it was that it was all crazy overstocked and tacky.

Everything the show stresses is lame, and everything they gloss over is cool. The tank building operation is impressive. I'd also like to see more of their plumbing and filtering systems. However, the people are very goofy, the livestock stocking seems inappropriate, and they seem to have no biological filter to start out with.

not_so_nano

Its a good show for the masses, most dont really care about the building or setup in general, just as long as it looks cool and gets the AHHHHH factor. Its what we can expect from a network dealing with average american.

Maybe they will do a show about how they build the tanks and about the fish they put in them one day as a special or filler show when they are low on jobs or ideas. Who knows.

TheUnfocusedOne
However, the people are very goofy, the livestock stocking seems inappropriate, and they seem to have no biological filter to start out with.

They way overstock tanks in the episodes I've seen. Like the phone booth one, and that one had really ####ty dimensions for fish to swim in.

I saw this and thought of how dumb this show is. The thing has been for sale for a few months, and in one of the earlier posts he says the custom coral inserts cost thousands. Lol.

nor_cal_nano
I saw this and thought of how dumb this show is. The thing has been for sale for a few months, and in one of the earlier posts he says the custom coral inserts cost thousands. Lol.

AND MATCHING CANOPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disaster999

i enjoyed the show. its entertaining to me at least. the whole point of this show was to entertain, not educate.

give it a few more seasons. i doubt the first season of american chopper was that good compared to the ones aired now

• 4 weeks later...

well after watching the show tonight.. they added in the one technical detail we were all waiting to hear about.. How they set these up so fast. Seems there is nothing behind the scenes, for the tank in the nail salon they added a bottle of bacteria to "instantly cycle the tank" and then just add fish to survive long enough for the unveiling. Voila..

Euphyllia

Not to say that what Tanked is doing is right, but I took down my BioCube 14 a year or two ago when I was still noobish and reset it up in the same day, adding the two clowns and a dwarf angel without a cycle... They survived. So did all of the corals lol.

I saw an episode a couple of days ago where they built a spade shaped tank for a tattoo parlor. They put TWO yellow clown gobies in the tank. And it wasn't a very large tank either.

NanoTopia

We don't get the show up here in Canada, probably a good thing really. I was really hoping we would get Fish Tank Kings, sounds like a better show, can't find it on the listing for NatGo Canada, oh well. As for Tanked... well that's Hollywood!

I saw an episode a couple of days ago where they built a spade shaped tank for a tattoo parlor. They put TWO yellow clown gobies in the tank. And it wasn't a very large tank either.

Iirc it was a 50g+ tank.

It's a entertaining show.

Archived