Top Shelf Aquatics

August 2011 Reef Profile - Rehype

Christopher Marks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
olemanwinter

Beautiful tank and congratulations. I am always one to push the envelope and I have a question about your stocking.

If I am counting correctly, between what I see in your FTS and what you list, I figure something like 35 inches of fish in your tank (if fully grown).

3xchromis=9

signal goby=4

4xdamsels (2blue, 2talbot)=12

midas blenny=4.5

tailspot blenny=2.5

sharknose goby=1.5

yasha goby=1.5

Is that about right?

I promise I am not finding any fault or flaming, but actually the opposite. I am very impressed with the tank overall, and because you "Officially" now have a great tank and the community approval, I figure it would be safe to bring up the subject and ask about your stocking plan.

Do you plan on trading out fish as they grow? or do you consider them so carefully selected its not an issue? Do you consider your filtration and water changes adequate?

Thanks

Mon Congtats to you! All that hard work has paid of in a thing of beauty.

I have one small question...does your Harlequin Shrimp not hunt down your starfish?

Congrats buddy. This is a well deserved win for you and I think it should be noted that you are very patient with everyone not only in your own thread but everywhere else on the site. You and Dave both have great threads that are very educational as well as showcases for beautiful aquariums.

Both great choices CM!

Thanks alot D... I appreciate the encouragement

What the... I don't even....

Congrats hype! Well deserved for all your efforts...

Thanks rt!

Beautiful tank and congratulations. I am always one to push the envelope and I have a question about your stocking.

If I am counting correctly, between what I see in your FTS and what you list, I figure something like 35 inches of fish in your tank (if fully grown).

3xchromis=9

signal goby=4

4xdamsels (2blue, 2talbot)=12

midas blenny=4.5

tailspot blenny=2.5

sharknose goby=1.5

yasha goby=1.5

Is that about right?

I promise I am not finding any fault or flaming, but actually the opposite. I am very impressed with the tank overall, and because you "Officially" now have a great tank and the community approval, I figure it would be safe to bring up the subject and ask about your stocking plan.

Do you plan on trading out fish as they grow? or do you consider them so carefully selected its not an issue? Do you consider your filtration and water changes adequate?

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out winter. I made some changes since that FTS so this would be more accurate...

2xchromis=6

signal goby=4

1xdamsels (1talbot)=3

midas blenny=4.5

tailspot blenny=2.5

sharknose goby=1.5

yasha goby=1.5

Seahorse=6

So some fish i had to remove because they either outgrew the tank or compatibility issues. I tend to push the envelope on fish but i make adjustments when nescessary. I think you have to base stocking your tank on the needs of the individual fish and if at any point you cant meet those needs(or they become compromised) then you should think seriously about removing it. The fish i have now dont clash with other and respect each others space. At the same time im able to feed them properly and maintain excellent water quality.Thats the tricky part... And is the reason why i have so many means of filtration. Water quality goes south quickly in our small tanks so its all the more crucial to do whatever is necessary to keep water quality pristine.

congrats! i love this tank.

Thanks so much

Mon Congtats to you! All that hard work has paid of in a thing of beauty.

I have one small question...does your Harlequin Shrimp not hunt down your starfish?

Thank you. Well my fromia lives in the display and my harlequin lives in the refugium portion of my sump.

Well deserved! This tank is one of the coolest I've seen!

I know I'm probably hoping for too much, but I'd love to see a video of this tank!

Very impressed with your livestock quantity and water quality upkeep. My wife keeps begging me to put a goby in my 20H when I already have 2 amphiprion percs and 1 purple firefish already.

I already do 48 oz. water changes every other day :P I keep telling her, "we'll see."

Great tank and awesome pictures. Congratulations.

Thanks matt im a big fan of your tank thread as well

Great job, Rehype!

I agree with you about having good filtration......

I like to keep my fish "fat & happy"!!

Thanks basser!

:D It definitely keeps my fish from being aggressive with one another and healthy enough to fend off disease and parasites.

Well deserved! This tank is one of the coolest I've seen!

I know I'm probably hoping for too much, but I'd love to see a video of this tank!

Thanks alot tiomm.

I plan to do a video update for september if everything goes according to plan.

Very impressed with your livestock quantity and water quality upkeep. My wife keeps begging me to put a goby in my 20H when I already have 2 amphiprion percs and 1 purple firefish already.

I already do 48 oz. water changes every other day :P I keep telling her, "we'll see."

Thank you...water changes and good filtration are the key.

congrats Rehype - well deserved!

A little over due IMO. :D

Thanks alot phi :)

DAMN man I dont come on for a while and look what happens.

Congrats man, nice to the hard work has paid off.

DAMN man I dont come on for a while and look what happens.

Congrats man, nice to the hard work has paid off.

Thanks gg. Its great to be featured on my favorite site

Happy your tank month :happydance:

Thanks Stevie!

Archived