ReefCleaners.org

August 2011 Reef Profile - Rehype

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For August we're featuring Rehype and his 22 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Rehype's tank journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Rehype, and he'll try his best to answer them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

Beautiful tank. Well deserved.

Have you had any difficulties keeping your seashorse in a higher temp. range than is recommended for them? I've often wondered if they would be fine with higher 78+ reef-like temps rather than the lower 68-72 that is typically recommended. Interesting to see that you've had success in that higher range.

Yay! happydance.gif

biggrin.gif

Beautiful tank. Well deserved.

Have you had any difficulties keeping your seashorse in a higher temp. range than is recommended for them? I've often wondered if they would be fine with higher 78+ reef-like temps rather than the lower 68-72 that is typically recommended. Interesting to see that you've had success in that higher range.

Thanks alot D.

Well it depends on the species....H reidi does better in higher temps than other horse species. I keep my tank cooler in the winter months and higher in the summer months and she hasnt had any difficulties acclimating to the temp changes.

biggrin.gif

Thanks alot D.

Well it depends on the species....H reidi does better in higher temps than other horse species. I keep my tank cooler in the winter months and higher in the summer months and she hasnt had any difficulties acclimating to the temp changes.

I have also heard that tank bred seahorses live in temps around 78* because they were raised in it. Is this true?

Congrats! Your tank is so unique!

I have also heard that tank bred seahorses live in temps around 78* because they were raised in it. Is this true?

Congrats! Your tank is so unique!

Im not certain if ORA does this. But i know H.reidi lives in warmer waters than other species so thats why they arent stressed by higher temps.

Thanks so much.

Congrats buddy. This is a well deserved win for you and I think it should be noted that you are very patient with everyone not only in your own thread but everywhere else on the site. You and Dave both have great threads that are very educational as well as showcases for beautiful aquariums.

Both great choices CM!

Archived