Cultivated Reef

tpallas' 11.4g LED SPS Rimless

tpallas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when you say "Installed the first MP 10" does that mean there will be another??

Yeah. I have a first generation model that I'm going to convert to the wireless model and install on the opposite side. I've ordered the Profilux 3 and intend to control them with the Vortech control unit.

Yeah. I have a first generation model that I'm going to convert to the wireless model and install on the opposite side. I've ordered the Profilux 3 and intend to control them with the Vortech control unit.

you can make thunderstorms with that too :D

How is Prodibio working for you? Seems like an easy way to dose, and thought I would look into it for my 5 gallon tank.

So far, so good. I've only gone through 2 doses so it's hard to tell at this point. Although I get good coloring and polyp extension from my SPSs. With another couple of months we'll be able to tell how good the growth is. It is fairly easy to dose although the amounts are intended for 10 gallons.

Cheers

you can make thunderstorms with that too :D

Hellz yeah! The pack shipped yesterday from GHL Direct from Canada so hopefully it will arrive within the next week. I'm pretty psyched to get this synched up with the AI Sol and the Vortechs. Although I will need to order the Vortech control unit!

Love the clam!

Me too - & this guy was free from Mr Coral with when I ordered a 100 bucks worth of frags from them.

Looks great. Love that stand!

Thanks! It's a result of me having crappy stands...

Nice build. I like the way you are diong things!

Question on the ro/di, How's it been working? Do you have an auto shut off on it? How did you hook up the waste line with the metal drain??? How much do you make at a time?

Thanks!

-mark

Looks great, alot of nice equipment too.. I think (my opinion) that its too early to add corals, specially SPS's.

Good Luck!

I'm at the rear end of the diatom bloom, PE is good - but yes, things will get much better in a month or two.

Excuse me while I wipe up the drool !!!!

:o

AWESOME start !!!

LOL thanks, I've been having a great time with this tank.

So nice!

Thanks!

Nice build. I like the way you are diong things!

Question on the ro/di, How's it been working? Do you have an auto shut off on it? How did you hook up the waste line with the metal drain??? How much do you make at a time?

Thanks!

-mark

Thanks Mark. I do not have an autoshutoff on it, and since I'm renting I didn't drill through the metal. I had considered a saddle clamp, but since I only make 7.5 gallons a week I just put the waste line right into the sink drain. I generally make 2.5 gallons for a waterchange on the weekends and about 4 gallons a week for topoff. It's been working great and was a good deal!

Cheers

great build! so clean

no baffles in the sump?

nice coral selection

love the scape

subscribed :)

Thnks! Yeah, the sump is temporary, I'm getting a custom one made by Lifereef. But, I don't get any microbubbles in the display now.

Archived