Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rimless 17G AIO Shallow Reef - Updated FTS 9/19/11

digitalfreq

digitalfreq

I finally got around to setting up my Advance Acrylics AIO tank. This is an upgrade from my Fluval Edge that I started around May of this year. Working with the Edge proved too difficult for me. I luckily bought an AA tank before John disappeared from Ebay. This will eventually be my frag tank once I get my 40Br up and running.

I like a lot of addicted reefers on this board took advantage of Petco's dollar per gallon sale. I bought the 40Br as my Display tank and 20L as my Sump/Refugium. I'm looking forward to expanding this post as the tank progresses.

Thanks!

Enjoy

photo.JPG

Hardware

17G AIO Advance Acrylic

MaxiJet 1100 Utility Pump

AQUATOP Aquarium Heater

Fishneedit 24in T5 HO 4 bulb

20lbs live sand

Fish

----------------------

Yellow Goby

Fire Fish

Green Mandarin

Corals

----------------------

Working on a list. Too many to list down..

• 3 weeks later...
digitalfreq

Here are some quick shots from my smart phone. Sorry the picture quality sucks. I don't have a good camera right now.

I moved everything over from my Fluval Edge and acquired a lot of new live stock from fellow reefers who were breaking down their tanks. I know I may be overstocked at the moment but most of it will end up in the 40br. This will end up as my frag tank.

Let me know what you think!

Oh I'm getting some new corals tomorrow from J ranko!

Aussie Duncan 30 heads

ORA Green Birdsnest Frag

Sun Coral

Ultra-green palys

Green-purple acans

hollywood stunner chalice

red/green blasto

Can't wait!

FTS

Full%20Tank%20Shot.jpg

Left Close up

Left.jpg

Middle Close up

Middle.jpg

Right Close up

Right.jpg

Top shot

Top%20View.jpg

digitalfreq
tank doesn't look bad, but that acro and birdsnest(?) kinda do.

Left.jpg

Other than that, it all looks good :D

Yea the birds nest and acro are my least favorite corals in my tank. The birds nest was much larger but I sold it and kept a frag. Only reason I'm keeping the acro is for my yellow goby. That's his spot! I need to sell it off though, I'm running out of real estate.

And thanks guys for the comments. With all the time and money spent on this new hobby, I needed some validation.

• 1 month later...

Just jumped to look at your thread from your bio-cube add. and all I have to say is woh wow!!! :-) I saw a cloudy FTS with your light then BAM!!! Beautiful Tank. :-) Just wanted to say that, have a nice day

Happy Reefing

Just jumped to look at your thread from your bio-cube add. and all I have to say is woh wow!!! :-) I saw a cloudy FTS with your light then BAM!!! Beautiful Tank. :-) Just wanted to say that, have a nice day

Happy Reefing

thanks Hotshot for the kind words. The tank has changed SOOO much since the last pictures. Sold a lot of the corals lately. Going to the coral farmers market this weekend, so I'm hoping to get a bunch of good stuff. i'll post an update on Monday.

New FTS : 9/19/11

P1050174.jpg

Left

P1050175.jpg

Middle

P1050176.jpg

Right

P1050177.jpg

New Lobo

P1050184.jpg

Some new frags, Isn't the baby clam cute??

P1050185.jpg

My Zoa collection

P1050188.jpg

Please comment!

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
digitalfreq
how about some pics or videos of whatcha got going on in the back chambers?

edit: and I want your RPE's

Sorry broke down and sold the tank months ago.

Archived