• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 05 Mar 2011

the Orphek slimline LED reef aquarium fixtures are now available from our dealers! Formerly called the T-5 LED tubes, we've revamped the product and made it a standalone tube fixture that is completely plug-and-play. For more details, including HD video, follow the link above!

msholmes

msholmes

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 14 Nov 2009
  • Keller, TX
How do these compare in terms of Par to and ATI Blue plus bulb? Can we expect to get the same or better par values and penetration as the T5 bulb they would be replacing? Will these add daytime shimmer in a 6 bulb T5 fixture with one of the bulbs being the "daylight" Led bulb in the setup? Does the new design retain the t5 bulb shape and mounting type?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by msholmes, 14 July 2011 - 11:08 AM.

jfarabaugh

jfarabaugh

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,147 posts
  • Joined 09 Oct 2009
  • PA
I have seen better product videos to be honest. I cant even tell how the unit looks nor how much light it is actually putting out.

tam

tam

formerly darkspyda.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Joined 22 Dec 2002
  • East Bay, CA

I cant even tell how the unit looks nor how much light it is actually putting out.

^ also do these fit into a T5 fixture as a bulb replacement?

Your website makes it really difficult to navigate find information about your products. As a consumer I don't want to have to walk through a maze to find what I'm looking for. This isn't Costco, I've been on your site twice in 5 minutes and have lost interest both times because it's difficult to even see what products you have available.

tl;dr - You need to redesign your website.

jHxdu2w.gif

just because it says california doesn't mean it's from california. thats like saying kazooie is a woman just because he dresses like a hooker.

reefNrod

reefNrod

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 25 Apr 2011
Where can I order these?

OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 05 Mar 2011
Mad4Tanks is the only dealer with these in stock as far as I know :)

reefNrod

reefNrod

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 25 Apr 2011

Mad4Tanks is the only dealer with these in stock as far as I know :)

Thanks. I ordered some (3 W/B/UV and 2 Moonlights for my 120 build) and they should be here this week hopefully.

phi delt reefer

phi delt reefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Joined 28 Jun 2010
  • London, ON Canda

Thanks. I ordered some (3 W/B/UV and 2 Moonlights for my 120 build) and they should be here this week hopefully.

mad4tanks has the price for a 36" at $159.... isnt the price supposed to be $139? M4T taking advantage of the whole supply and demand thing eh? ;)

OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 05 Mar 2011
The 'actinic' versions cost a bit more. MSRP is only "suggested", after all. Dealers are free to charge whatever they like as long as it's above the minimum.

Buyorpheklights (not affiliated with us) will have stock soon, as well.

Edited by OrphekUSA, 18 July 2011 - 09:31 PM.

reefNrod

reefNrod

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 25 Apr 2011

mad4tanks has the price for a 36" at $159.... isnt the price supposed to be $139? M4T taking advantage of the whole supply and demand thing eh? ;)

The 'actinic' versions cost a bit more, but yeah, looks like. Buyorpheklights (not affiliated with us) will have stock soon, as well.

I looked at the price on both and they are as follows for the ML 36"
M4T= $149
BOL= $179