Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

surgicalsense
Thanks bud! I'm really happy with the way it came out.

Well you have something to do when you get off B)

No front here, I'll admit it, cats can be great but their shedding is the worse. Which is why I never want one.

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

So by your reasoning there are no awesome cats? :huh:

:lol:

No, think you misread it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my fish are hiding. -_-

I think I need a blue or yellow fish. I'm thinking about the Yellow Candy Hogfish since Tron didn't go for it.

Was at the LFS for like an hour.. deciding whether or I not I wanna take home the Flame Angel.. lol.. ended up making the right decision and left.. haha. Very close to getting a Tomini or Blue Eye Kole Tang, too..

Haha the urge is pulling you!

I was all about a Kole or Tomini until I got the flame. My flame is ~3" and about perfect size for the 40 IMO. Taking that and trying to picture a fish 50-75% larger in there changed my mind. I'm not a member of the tang police by any means, I was just uncomfortable with it.

I was also thinking that the tank looks fairly large now and a big fish would make it look smaller.

How's your cuc? I'd like to see you with something cool like a puffer B) you got the unique tank, unique name, now you need some unique stocking. You got a great start with the Bartlett's.

I like the video Joel, but its lacking music. Therefore, the Dirt found you a completely appropriate soundtrack for your creation.

:lol:

Perfect find!

Haha the urge is pulling you!

I was all about a Kole or Tomini until I got the flame. My flame is ~3" and about perfect size for the 40 IMO. Taking that and trying to picture a fish 50-75% larger in there changed my mind. I'm not a member of the tang police by any means, I was just uncomfortable with it.

I was also thinking that the tank looks fairly large now and a big fish would make it look smaller.

How's your cuc? I'd like to see you with something cool like a puffer B) you got the unique tank, unique name, now you need some unique stocking. You got a great start with the Bartlett's.

By no means would I be keeping the tang in there for good.. I still have another upgrade planned in the next year.. haha. But I don't have a lot of algae right now, so it's not a good idea either way. But yeah, I'll have to really wait and decide on this one. I've been looking into Leopard Wrasses and other wrasses, too.. One day, I'll find the one.

By no means would I be keeping the tang in there for good.. I still have another upgrade planned in the next year.. haha. But I don't have a lot of algae right now, so it's not a good idea either way. But yeah, I'll have to really wait and decide on this one. I've been looking into Leopard Wrasses and other wrasses, too.. One day, I'll find the one.

Haha okay good man! Really thinking about tearing down the cichlid tank, I'm not giving it the attention it needs. I won't upgrade until I move though. It will give me a chance to build a better sump from a 29 gallon. Or maybe custom to get as much space under the 75's stand as possible. What size are you upping to?

What about a hawkfish? A flame hawk would be sweet! Or a diamond watchmen or something? I don't know.

Awe...what a cutie!!!!! I can't get enough of her :)
Like a little doll ... so cute!

You think she's cute now? Should of seen her as a puppy :wub: wish I had a digital camera then. She was smaller than a coke can. I got her in December and she didn't want to go outside so she would crawl into my coat and down my sleeve. And the last adorable story, we lost her... Found her sleeping inside a shoe!

Haha okay good man! Really thinking about tearing down the cichlid tank, I'm not giving it the attention it needs. I won't upgrade until I move though. It will give me a chance to build a better sump from a 29 gallon. Or maybe custom to get as much space under the 75's stand as possible. What size are you upping to?

What about a hawkfish? A flame hawk would be sweet! Or a diamond watchmen or something? I don't know.

Yeah, I neglected my FW when I went salt.. haha.. ended up shutting it down just to make it easier.

I was considering a Flame Hawk.. but I also may try a Court Jester Goby.

The plan is for a custom rimless starphire 48x24x18 or 20, probably doing a bean animal style overflow on one side.. It'll be setup peninsula style.

Dual MP40's most likely or MP40 + MP10W.

And if I don't sell my 48" MH fixture, that's the lighting that'll go on it unless I go LED.

I don't even know why I setup the 40.. lol.. the plan was to use the 40 as my sump for that build.. :lol:

If it were me, I'd go with the 18" height over the 20". But that's just because I think shallow tanks are hot. I wouldn't go shallower than 16" with such a big tank though.

40B would make an awesome sump, but since it's the same width as the 75 is impossible with the sand. I think a 29 gallon will do nicely though.

Plus if I upgrade when I move I can transfer everything slowly instead of adding live animals to the list of things to worry about on moving day!

The court jester is another good idea. Looking forward to whatever you add! B)

They are the cutest Puppies! So tiny they look like Cotton Ball Fluff!

So true!

I have seen so many pics of little pups falling asleep in shoes it's to cute. Mine was never that small! LOL get her from the pound when she was 8 months old.

She's always been a cutie :)

New guy:

KPJM3.jpg

Aren't they though!

LOL love him, I want 2 but I am waiting until all my fish are happy and fully established since Gena has one trying to eat her YWG! :o But soon!

surgicalsense

Fun :P .... there is plenty of space in your 40.

Aren't they though!

LOL love him, I want 2 but I am waiting until all my fish are happy and fully established since Gena has one trying to eat her YWG! :o But soon!

You have a 40 ... plenty of space between the cleaners and the fish.

I'm not too concerned because the only perching fish, Vinny, is not going to have it. :lol: he's a cutie :)

You have a 40 ... plenty of space between the cleaners and the fish.

That's what I thought :)

He cleaned the flame angel really awkwardly. :lol:

And me!

MOHfD.jpg

Yeah I know! Lucky Joel has all big meanies so that shrimp wont mess with them! LOL

I know, all my fish are dicks :lol:

I tried to go peaceful this time and I did better but still not quite :P

They Pinch! LOL I figured you'd be fine, your fish are tuffies! Did he yank any hairs?

A few but I have plenty to spare :D

Also, 50 Internet points to the person who can guess what caused the scar on my right hand above my middle finger knuckle. It's to the right of the shrimps tail.

It was not fish related.

Yeah, I am really pushing for a Peaceful group. That's why I had to ex-nae the Neon Dottyback. Too bad their beautiful but hey I think I am in the right direction!

LOL extra hairs! I hope so it's your hand! Bleh I don't want to get groceries! LOL I am making a second Thanksgiving dinner, Andrew requested Green Bean Casserole again. LMFAO guess I am a good cook!

Archived