Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well after 3 days of no feeding, maintenance, or human interaction, I've decided that my tank does better without me. :lol:

This is the secret to reef keeping. Set up a good system then, for the most part, let it bed. Ssshhh.

I have no idea what kind it is, at a wedding we went to several years ago gave them out as a thank you. We really have no idea how to take care of it though. We just give it indirect sunlight, occasional watering, and when we run the dishwasher we set it on top of the counter so it gets the steam when it dries.

Sweet! It's a phalaenopsis. The color is actually pretty similar to mine. Keep doing what you're doing cause getting them to rebloom is the tricky part. Congrats! And good idea about the steam from the dishwasher. I bet it likes that.

I didn't realize youre right in WV! I'm likely not far from you! I love that orchid by the way. I can't seem to keep them. My hubby gave me a new one for our anniversary last month and it's already looking bad. :(

Happy Saturday :happy:

Happy Saturday to you too!

This is the secret to reef keeping. Set up a good system then, for the most part, let it bed. Ssshhh.

Sweet! It's a phalaenopsis. The color is actually pretty similar to mine. Keep doing what you're doing cause getting them to rebloom is the tricky part. Congrats! And good idea about the steam from the dishwasher. I bet it likes that.

I'm excited to see how it goes when I'm gone to school. I might come back to a completely different tank in december. That or completely crashed. :lol:

It's rebloomed every year for us so I will continue to do what I'm doing!

I didn't realize youre right in WV! I'm likely not far from you! I love that orchid by the way. I can't seem to keep them. My hubby gave me a new one for our anniversary last month and it's already looking bad. :(

I'm in the Parkersburg area, but I've been to Pittsburg many times. :)

Well I'm shocked that if it's hard to keep that it's still alive haha.

Nice! You can actually see your little SPS ridge now!

Your little chalice frag is becoming a pretty good size, I think 4-5 eyes now :happy: . I am going to frag the Monti and the Berry tomorrow as well so they can heal 2-3 weeks before shipping.

I have it all planned, I just need the box and bags! I will PM you when I have it all ready to go.

Nice! You can actually see your little SPS ridge now!

Your little chalice frag is becoming a pretty good size, I think 4-5 eyes now :happy: . I am going to frag the Monti and the Berry tomorrow as well so they can heal 2-3 weeks before shipping.

I have it all planned, I just need the box and bags! I will PM you when I have it all ready to go.

:happydance:

BAtman pants you're probably REAL close to Mr Corals new farm facility.

Where is it? I'm 4 hours away from his store.

Are you in Boone County?

Nope, I lived in Putnam county for awhile and now I'm in Wood. Boone county and the ones around it are what you think of when you think "WV", where I've lived is more like any other suburbia across the nation.

Nope, I lived in Putnam county for awhile and now I'm in Wood. Boone county and the ones around it are what you think of when you think "WV", where I've lived is more like any other suburbia across the nation.

I think some friends and I are going to go to the Coal Festival in Boone County after watching The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. It's a bonus that our concealed permits are reciprocal there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joel! How are you? Sorry for being so MIA, but I hear you haven't been on a ton either. Being busy is not very conducive to taking good care of a reef tank and blogging about it :lol: For not messing with your tank all the time, the new FTS looks great as usual. Mine does not look anywhere near that good when I neglect it. Oh, and congrats on the new job! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it :D You getting excited for law school in a few months?

Where is he? He hasn't even noticed I got the May reef profile :(:lol: I was most excited for him and Felicia to see :happy:

Trogdor447
Mine does not look anywhere near that good when I neglect it.

Funny you say this, mine never looked better ;) I've been MIA a lot lately being busy is a wonderful thing and hopefully one day ill make big dollars so i can put some into savings! :)

Joel grats on the new job buddy

Where is he? He hasn't even noticed I got the May reef profile :(:lol: I was most excited for him and Felicia to see :happy:

He just commented on the thread for your reef profile. :) You were most excited for us to see it? I'm glad I came back with perfect timing then! I started catching up on NR the day it got posted :D

Funny you say this, mine never looked better ;) I've been MIA a lot lately being busy is a wonderful thing and hopefully one day ill make big dollars so i can put some into savings! :)

The growth in mine has been amazing even though I've been neglecting it. Its the salt creep and the algae on the glass that make it look not so good when I don't have time to deal with it. I just had to wipe it down and do some glass scraping before I could take any new photos.

And yep, nothing wrong with being busy. Hopefully it will pay off eventually!

Yay...I knew he was being a ninja. He finally noticed :lol:

Yes...you two because you guys were always encouraging me the most. Not the only ones...but a little more. Oh hell...I was excited for all you guys to see :lol:

Yay...I knew he was being a ninja. He finally noticed :lol:

Yes...you two because you guys were always encouraging me the most. Not the only ones...but a little more. Oh hell...I was excited for all you guys to see :lol:

He showed up to comment on the important thing! I get the being busy thing, so we can cut him a bit of slack for being late with the congratulations. :P

I didn't realize I was so encouraging! I'm glad I was around at the right time to see your TOTM then! I would have hated to disappoint you by not noticing for days. I'm with Joel, it was definitely about d*** time :D

ScubaEthan
I'm with Joel, it was definitely about d*** time :D

+1

My tank does good when I mess with it less. Some older reefers have given me that advice... just let it be! Hopefully this will work in Joel's favor and he won't even recognize his tank when he gets back to it. In a good way :lol:

JoelRHale

I came back expecting a dusty old thread and it's on the homepage? :huh:

I guess you guys like me or something. :D

Tank is doing great, I don't think my emerald crab is an emerald crab though, are they supposed to have tarantula like hairy legs? I've never seen one like that. I'll take a picture soon.

Pictures/videos will wait because I'm using my magfloat to hold some gsp on the back glass. :ninja: so I currently have nothing to clean the glass. No deaths, except for some STN that has no reason to be happening on one acro frag that I hope recovers. New leaves on the mangroves, one is almost hitting the light now, I need a new plan (maybe the t5 I have hung even higher with just 6500k lights and bend the trees behind the LEDs).

Lately I've been apathetic towards the tank, I'm not neglecting it, I'm still feeding/water changing/cleaning but I'm not as excited about it. I'm not thinking about getting out of the hobby, just waiting for the spark to come back.

Banking is fun, I get to handle money all the time, talk to people, and wear a suit. Today was my first day wearing a bow tie, I liked it much better than a regular tie.

That's about it. I miss being on here all the time. :(

Also, I'll say it again, about damn time gena got totm. :):flower:

Archived