Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

:mellow: Fine.

You didn't have to delete it, just say reef related things on top of it, that's all. ;)

I don't want anyone to feel like they can't post here.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So are you ever going to get more fish?

After what happened with the last ones before his damsels, I don't blame hi if he never gets more fish!

How are the current fish doing? No more Myan God sacrifices? ;)

So are you ever going to get more fish?

Nope. :lol: I'm happy with the way things are right now and with my coming 3 year absence the less bioload I have the better. Dotty also will kill anything new I'm afraid. She tolerates the other two but they aren't friendly.

I've also decided that I'm not going to scrape my glass, the idea behind it is to see if it's like my sand. In the 20 I always messed with my sand and it never stayed clean. Now, besides the cyano issue, I've not touched my sand and it's pure white. I want to see if I let the glass go unchecked if it will clear up on its own. This is also to see how the tank does without scraping since during my absence it will be lucky to get scraped once a month. I want to drill a hole in the laundry room floor (above the tank) to run down into a much larger ato reservoir so refilling is a monthly thing and doesn't require buckets.

After what happened with the last ones before his damsels, I don't blame hi if he never gets more fish!

How are the current fish doing? No more Myan God sacrifices? ;)

:lol: current fish are doing great. All very healthy and happy. The chromis is starting to become my favorite because he swims like my favorite marine fish (green bird wrasse).

Good!

I plan on a Yellowtail for the Sump, lmao I love them. A wanted one anyways.

On a side note I think I scrape the glass once a week now...... Just before a WC to make it extra clear for pics. Nice not having to clean the glass every day anymore! ;)

That's a cool plan. When I have a big fuge I want a breeding pair of pj cardinals in there and only have mangrove roots as the scape.

I will hopefully be down to once a week scraping, as of right now it's 2-3 times a week.

On another note, I have a job interview at a bank today at 3:00pm and for those of your who aren't friends with me yet on fb, I am officially enrolled in law school, I chose NESL in Boston.

:happydance:

Congrats on the acceptance in Boston!!!

Now women will start to want you for your status and money instead of your good looks and charm.

Now women will start to want you for your status and money instead of your good looks and charm.

Thanks, Mark! One can only hope that's what happens. fingerscrossed:lol:

Congrats man!

Thanks! :)

:lol:

:D

I hear you on not adding more to your bioload.

As for the glass, coralline would be hard to get off if not cleaned fairly quickly

That's my only concern, but I've seen algae scrapers that also have hard rigid coralline scrapers on one end so I maybe just have to invest in one of those.

my coming 3 year absence

I missed something :huh:

I think I answer my own question. Congrats!

Haha you'll have to beat 'em off with a stick with all that.

As for the glass, coralline would be hard to get off if not cleaned fairly quickly

I scrub mine maybe once a month for algae. But definitely not let corraline get out of control. I just use a little razor blade. On my last tank, I let it get out of control and it was a ##### to get off even after soaking in vinegar.

I think I answer my own question. Congrats!

Haha you'll have to beat 'em off with a stick with all that.

I scrub mine maybe once a month for algae. But definitely not let corraline get out of control. I just use a little razor blade. On my last tank, I let it get out of control and it was a ##### to get off even after soaking in vinegar.

Thanks man. B) that's the hope.

I'm monitoring my coralline growth, right now I have none on the glass (even the black glass I've never scraped) but its exploding across the rocks so it's only a matter of time before its a problem on the glass.

Jacob, I don't care if you post that link, but edit your post and say something reef related or about me and law school.

----------

The job interview went great! I got the job offer on the spot. She told me at the beginning that several people had applied and she would know Monday. She had to make some copies of forms, came back and told me she was going to go ahead and make the job offer. So basically I screwed over everyone who applied with my bossness. She told me she was just really impressed with my resume, my attitude, and how well spoken I was. B) and that's how you do an interview. I'm really happy with the place and people so I think its a good fit.

The job interview went great! I got the job offer on the spot. She told me at the beginning that several people had applied and she would know Monday. She had to make some copies of forms, came back and told me she was going to go ahead and make the job offer. So basically I screwed over everyone who applied with my bossness. She told me she was just really impressed with my resume, my attitude, and how well spoken I was. B) and that's how you do an interview. I'm really happy with the place and people so I think its a good fit.

Total boss dude! Congrats!

B)

Total boss dude! Congrats!

B)

Thank you, sir.

----------

TOTM, IMO:

HcZ7Q.jpg

:haha: the algae isn't that bad but the experiment goes on.

Thank you, sir.

----------

TOTM, IMO:

HcZ7Q.jpg

:haha: the algae isn't that bad but the experiment goes on.

np

I just now noticed, but the horn looks kind of like an elephants trunk! :lol

Looks great dude!

I just now noticed, but the horn looks kind of like an elephants trunk! :lol

Looks great dude!

Haha yeah that was the first thoughts that people had way back when. :)

It is reef related Joel! I promise! It has to do with a unique tank that you want! :)

Yeah, my bad, I didn't really read it. :lol: please tell me that's what you're doing. If you do it, that will be so cool.

yeah, the hair algae isnt that bad

Luckily, it's only film algae. I don't have GHA anymore. :)

Luckily, it's only film algae. I don't have GHA anymore. :)

get a zebra turbo snail B)

super boss and they will clean that tank it 2days, I'm serious. It works.

get a zebra turbo snail B)

super boss and they will clean that tank it 2days, I'm serious. It works.

Maybe, I don't want a bunch of big snails. My Trochus is enough for me.

I'd vote for it! :P

:D

totes ur boats

("totally", just in case ur not for tween lingo)

B)

I know what totes means. :P

Congrats on the job and getting accepted! I don't remember, was that one of the top ones on your list?

Oh, I'm not just accepted, I've already paid my deposits, my letter of intent, vaccination proof, financial aid apps, official transcript sent, etc. I'm enrolled. :) and yeah it was my top pick.

Archived