8866 replies to this topic

FlCandy

FlCandy

Tag Your It

• Members
  • 8,751 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2011
  • Arden, NC

Will do! ;) Oh I posted a progression of FTS from beginning to now! I forgot how bad my tank looked for a while! :lol:

Paigee

Paigee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2011
  • Vancouver, Canada
I liked the video :) Seeing the two shrimpies hangin out under the ledge was cute! And the blue and yellow damsel is so beautiful, love the colours! I was also about to post WHERE ARE MY PICS OF THE TOP LEDGE! until I was patient and saw that you included them in the video :D Thanks!!

Also - good call on the rules. I was pretty taken aback when I saw the shiz going on in here a few days back. Glad we are back to a friendly fish zone again :grouphug:

andrewguilfoy

andrewguilfoy

Rano Neefer

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Joined 06 Dec 2009
  • Atlantic City, NJ

Definitely take a video tomorrow! :)

It will be nice in a few years if it doesn't crash and it's completely covered in coral. :) you should take a video too. :)

He's a Debelius' Reef Lobster. He doesn't nip at coral but he moves frags around, he uses them to dress up his den. The chalice and pinstripe palys I have he moved on his own to his opening and then he kept taking the mars rhodactis mushrooms away from his den so I've moved them away from him. He also sticks pieces of caulpera in crevices around his den but I pull those out to keep them from rooting. He is pretty good with fish, my neon damsel sleeps in his den every night. He's 95% nocturnal and only comes out during the day for feeding but I can easily see into his den. He's easily one of the best additions in the tank.

Haha so basically is an interior designer, Thats awesome! How does he do with the open top? any escape attempts?
The 46 Bow
Marineland 25g Cube
Marineland 45g cube build

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

Will do! ;) Oh I posted a progression of FTS from beginning to now! I forgot how bad my tank looked for a while! :lol:

Haha, we all forget how bad our tanks once looked. :P

I liked the video :) Seeing the two shrimpies hangin out under the ledge was cute! And the blue and yellow damsel is so beautiful, love the colours! I was also about to post WHERE ARE MY PICS OF THE TOP LEDGE! until I was patient and saw that you included them in the video :D Thanks!!

Also - good call on the rules. I was pretty taken aback when I saw the shiz going on in here a few days back. Glad we are back to a friendly fish zone again :grouphug:

Thanks. :) that's where the shrimpies hang out all day unless they are looking for food. And of course I included your ledge shot. The light is so bright there it was hard to take a decent picture of them all so I did it with video. This place needed a few rules a long time ago. :lol:

Haha so basically is an interior designer, Thats awesome! How does he do with the open top? any escape attempts?

Basically. :lol: I've never seen him more than 1/4 up the water column, he's pretty much completely a bottom dweller. The tank is only open for pictures, I have an egg crate top for it:

Posted Image

Before it was open I have 2 jumpers, one being my most favorite fish, my starry blenny.

Posted Image

Mini-Dude

Mini-Dude

5' 1 1/2" and proud of it B)

• Members
  • 6,405 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2010
  • Arkansas
Hey, how did you get the egg crate to sit like that? Do AGA's have a lip to sit a lid on?
-Spencer

My Feedback

ccapasso

ccapasso

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Joined 30 Nov 2011
  • Elyria, Ohio
Nice new FTS! And, the video is very cool too!

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

Hey, how did you get the egg crate to sit like that? Do AGA's have a lip to sit a lid on?

Yeah they do, zoom in on my sig and you'll see the lip. :)

Nice new FTS! And, the video is very cool too!

Thanks bud!

Posted Image

Mini-Dude

Mini-Dude

• Members
  • 6,405 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2010
  • Arkansas
Oh yeah I see it now.
-Spencer

My Feedback

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

Oh yeah I see it now.

The one benefit of it not being rimless. :lol:

Posted Image

Mini-Dude

Mini-Dude

• Members
  • 6,405 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2010
  • Arkansas
Yeah totally
-Spencer

My Feedback

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 27,097 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
Far cry from the ghetto cardboard box that eggcrate is Joel. :D I'm guessing the mods told you who reported what post which was the reason the thread was closed? You're a good host, if it were me I would take umbrage over PM with the person. Hope you don't rename this thread anything negative again. How about Cape Horn,home of Capt'n Magnanimous. :)

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

Far cry from the ghetto cardboard box that eggcrate is Joel. :D I'm guessing the mods told you who reported what post which was the reason the thread was closed? You're a good host, if it were me I would take umbrage over PM with the person. Hope you don't rename this thread anything negative again. How about Cape Horn,home of Capt'n Magnanimous. :)

I miss the cardboard dojo. :lol: And no, CM said he didn't know why it got closed and that it must have been inadvertent. He was very nice and reopened it less than an hour after I PM'ed him. I know it was over reported posts and Randi said she reported DHaut but while it was closed several posts were deleted, none of which had anything to do with either one of them so whatever, it's fixed and now we can move forward.

I definitely learned a lesson about negative naming. :lol: good adjective choice for me btw. Making the cinematograph now. :ninja:

Posted Image

JR!

JR!

BANGARANG!

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
  • Joined 01 Sep 2011
  • Medina Ohio
good video joel. you have 2 cleaner shrimp?

logo-grey.png FOKZMSG.gif

12476890073_3f76a2c307_o.png
13792750754_50b4aac8ba_o.jpg

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

good video joel. you have 2 cleaner shrimp?

Thanks! I have two pregnant cleaner shrimp. :) the one is about ready for the eggs to hatch. The eggs turn grey a few days before they hatch and I just noticed today.

Posted Image

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 27,097 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
live food doesn't get much better than that IMO. hope you are able to get pics or video of the eggs and stuff.

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

Felicia

Felicia

NorCal Diver

• Premium Members
  • 6,637 posts
  • Joined 05 Sep 2011
  • Berkeley, CA
Mine are both pregnant all the time too. Are they just really confused? Shouldn't only one of them be pregnant?

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
what your thread got closed??

OceanariumProject_zpsdcf024fc.jpg

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

live food doesn't get much better than that IMO. hope you are able to get pics or video of the eggs and stuff.

Yeah, I'm excited about it, I'll try to get some video!

Mine are both pregnant all the time too. Are they just really confused? Shouldn't only one of them be pregnant?

I don't know, I was under the impression that one one at a time but both of mine are definitely pregnant. They are freaks.

what your thread got closed??

Haha yeah, but it's fixed now so it's good.

----------

New sig, check it.

Posted for Siwelk:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
That is gnarly....

OceanariumProject_zpsdcf024fc.jpg

Felicia

Felicia

NorCal Diver

• Premium Members
  • 6,637 posts
  • Joined 05 Sep 2011
  • Berkeley, CA

I don't know, I was under the impression that one one at a time but both of mine are definitely pregnant. They are freaks.

Mine are apparently freaks then too because mine keep having babies and then both getting pregnant again. Crazy freaky shrimp! :lol:

I like the new sig. I'm very impressed :D

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

That is gnarly....

Thanks bud!

Mine are apparently freaks then too because mine keep having babies and then both getting pregnant again. Crazy freaky shrimp! :lol:

I like the new sig. I'm very impressed :D

We just have nasty shrimp. :lol:

Thank you, I am honored that you're impressed. :blush: :flower:

Posted Image

Mini-Dude

Mini-Dude

• Members
  • 6,405 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2010
  • Arkansas
I really like the new sig, but I'm partial to the look of the mangroves in the old one. Sorry! But you did on heck of a good angle on the new one! I'll give ya that!
-Spencer

My Feedback

JR!

JR!

BANGARANG!

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
  • Joined 01 Sep 2011
  • Medina Ohio

Thanks! I have two pregnant cleaner shrimp. :) the one is about ready for the eggs to hatch. The eggs turn grey a few days before they hatch and I just noticed today.

i need to get one asap. they seem like a lot of fun to watch

JoelRHale

JoelRHale

Dance Commander

• Members
  • 6,823 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
  • Cincinnati

I really like the new sig, but I'm partial to the look of the mangroves in the old one. Sorry! But you did on heck of a good angle on the new one! I'll give ya that!

Yeah, it was a trade off. I like the mangroves, but I also like this angle. We will see what I do with the next one. :)

i need to get one asap. they seem like a lot of fun to watch

Get a pair. One is fun, but the way they interact with each other is even better. They are like a married couple. Plus you get the benefit of a natural food source with the eggs.

Posted Image

JR!

JR!

BANGARANG!

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
  • Joined 01 Sep 2011
  • Medina Ohio

Get a pair. One is fun, but the way they interact with each other is even better. They are like a married couple. Plus you get the benefit of a natural food source with the eggs.

will cardinals eat the eggs? that would be cool to watch