ReefCleaners.org

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the video :) Seeing the two shrimpies hangin out under the ledge was cute! And the blue and yellow damsel is so beautiful, love the colours! I was also about to post WHERE ARE MY PICS OF THE TOP LEDGE! until I was patient and saw that you included them in the video :D Thanks!!

Also - good call on the rules. I was pretty taken aback when I saw the shiz going on in here a few days back. Glad we are back to a friendly fish zone again :grouphug:

andrewguilfoy
Definitely take a video tomorrow! :)

It will be nice in a few years if it doesn't crash and it's completely covered in coral. :) you should take a video too. :)

He's a Debelius' Reef Lobster. He doesn't nip at coral but he moves frags around, he uses them to dress up his den. The chalice and pinstripe palys I have he moved on his own to his opening and then he kept taking the mars rhodactis mushrooms away from his den so I've moved them away from him. He also sticks pieces of caulpera in crevices around his den but I pull those out to keep them from rooting. He is pretty good with fish, my neon damsel sleeps in his den every night. He's 95% nocturnal and only comes out during the day for feeding but I can easily see into his den. He's easily one of the best additions in the tank.

Haha so basically is an interior designer, Thats awesome! How does he do with the open top? any escape attempts?

Will do! ;) Oh I posted a progression of FTS from beginning to now! I forgot how bad my tank looked for a while! :lol:

Haha, we all forget how bad our tanks once looked. :P

I liked the video :) Seeing the two shrimpies hangin out under the ledge was cute! And the blue and yellow damsel is so beautiful, love the colours! I was also about to post WHERE ARE MY PICS OF THE TOP LEDGE! until I was patient and saw that you included them in the video :D Thanks!!

Also - good call on the rules. I was pretty taken aback when I saw the shiz going on in here a few days back. Glad we are back to a friendly fish zone again :grouphug:

Thanks. :) that's where the shrimpies hang out all day unless they are looking for food. And of course I included your ledge shot. The light is so bright there it was hard to take a decent picture of them all so I did it with video. This place needed a few rules a long time ago. :lol:

Haha so basically is an interior designer, Thats awesome! How does he do with the open top? any escape attempts?

Basically. :lol: I've never seen him more than 1/4 up the water column, he's pretty much completely a bottom dweller. The tank is only open for pictures, I have an egg crate top for it:

Yup4e.jpg

Before it was open I have 2 jumpers, one being my most favorite fish, my starry blenny.

Hey, how did you get the egg crate to sit like that? Do AGA's have a lip to sit a lid on?

Yeah they do, zoom in on my sig and you'll see the lip. :)

Nice new FTS! And, the video is very cool too!

Thanks bud!

Far cry from the ghetto cardboard box that eggcrate is Joel. :D I'm guessing the mods told you who reported what post which was the reason the thread was closed? You're a good host, if it were me I would take umbrage over PM with the person. Hope you don't rename this thread anything negative again. How about Cape Horn,home of Capt'n Magnanimous. :)

Far cry from the ghetto cardboard box that eggcrate is Joel. :D I'm guessing the mods told you who reported what post which was the reason the thread was closed? You're a good host, if it were me I would take umbrage over PM with the person. Hope you don't rename this thread anything negative again. How about Cape Horn,home of Capt'n Magnanimous. :)

I miss the cardboard dojo. :lol: And no, CM said he didn't know why it got closed and that it must have been inadvertent. He was very nice and reopened it less than an hour after I PM'ed him. I know it was over reported posts and Randi said she reported DHaut but while it was closed several posts were deleted, none of which had anything to do with either one of them so whatever, it's fixed and now we can move forward.

I definitely learned a lesson about negative naming. :lol: good adjective choice for me btw. Making the cinematograph now. :ninja:

good video joel. you have 2 cleaner shrimp?

Thanks! I have two pregnant cleaner shrimp. :) the one is about ready for the eggs to hatch. The eggs turn grey a few days before they hatch and I just noticed today.

Mine are both pregnant all the time too. Are they just really confused? Shouldn't only one of them be pregnant?

live food doesn't get much better than that IMO. hope you are able to get pics or video of the eggs and stuff.

Yeah, I'm excited about it, I'll try to get some video!

Mine are both pregnant all the time too. Are they just really confused? Shouldn't only one of them be pregnant?

I don't know, I was under the impression that one one at a time but both of mine are definitely pregnant. They are freaks.

what your thread got closed??

Haha yeah, but it's fixed now so it's good.

----------

New sig, check it.

Posted for Siwelk:

5d4cf.gif

I don't know, I was under the impression that one one at a time but both of mine are definitely pregnant. They are freaks.

Mine are apparently freaks then too because mine keep having babies and then both getting pregnant again. Crazy freaky shrimp! :lol:

I like the new sig. I'm very impressed :D

That is gnarly....

Thanks bud!

Mine are apparently freaks then too because mine keep having babies and then both getting pregnant again. Crazy freaky shrimp! :lol:

I like the new sig. I'm very impressed :D

We just have nasty shrimp. :lol:

Thank you, I am honored that you're impressed. :blush::flower:

I really like the new sig, but I'm partial to the look of the mangroves in the old one. Sorry! But you did on heck of a good angle on the new one! I'll give ya that!

Thanks! I have two pregnant cleaner shrimp. :) the one is about ready for the eggs to hatch. The eggs turn grey a few days before they hatch and I just noticed today.

i need to get one asap. they seem like a lot of fun to watch

I really like the new sig, but I'm partial to the look of the mangroves in the old one. Sorry! But you did on heck of a good angle on the new one! I'll give ya that!

Yeah, it was a trade off. I like the mangroves, but I also like this angle. We will see what I do with the next one. :)

i need to get one asap. they seem like a lot of fun to watch

Get a pair. One is fun, but the way they interact with each other is even better. They are like a married couple. Plus you get the benefit of a natural food source with the eggs.

Get a pair. One is fun, but the way they interact with each other is even better. They are like a married couple. Plus you get the benefit of a natural food source with the eggs.

will cardinals eat the eggs? that would be cool to watch

Archived