Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

True. I always thought lawyers needed to be alpha.

I am alpha, just not an Internet tough guy. :lol:

Irl, and if it's important, I'm hella alpha.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lure them in with the smile then make them do what you want buy convincing them it was their idea! Gotta be a Shark! B)

You MUST seek out this beer:

Doppelbock Schlenkerla Oak Smoke

My husband is always trying new beer. We picked this German beer up at Whole Foods today. It's AMAZING!!!! It literally tastes like beef jerky!!!!! I'm not a huge beer fan but I like this one :lol:

Let me know if you find it :)

My husband is always trying new beer. We picked this German beer up at Whole Foods today. It's AMAZING!!!! It literally tastes like beef jerky!!!!! I'm not a huge beer fan but I like this one :lol:

:huh:

Meat flavored beer! Wow!

Beef jerky tasting beer. Mother of God. :o

I've not been drinking a whole lot since this whole being healthy started but I will have to try it. What kills me with the counting is what 1 normal sized meal does. Just a single with fries and a water is like 700 calories. I do eat healthy most of the time but I have to indulge a little to prevent a crash. I'm still sober on the coke. :P

It kind of tastes like bacon too :) Yummy stuff!!!!!

We had lunch at In 'n Out burger today. I got my double meat single cheese burger protein style. That's without the bun and iceberg lettuce in the buns place. My FAVORITE!!!!! It cuts down on the calories a little ;)

It's hard to even find scientific studies. If you find anything keep me posted, I'll be sure to mention it here.

Mmmmmm, processed goodness. I don't like milk that much but since I have to drink it I prefer Vitamin D milk. But I love fancy cheeses. My favorite is extra sharp aged white cheddar.

Yeah it's annoying. My paleo/primal diet is still going well and I'm enjoying learning about different foods, human evolution, how to cook more stuff, etc. I do enjoy nice cheeses but I don't eat them that often. I will definitely "cheat" sometimes without guilt because I've already made lots of changes.

The good thing with print is your skills are fairly transferable. What's your contingency plan for when the bottom falls out? Because you're right, it's dying, and it's sad.

I don't know :unsure: Sometimes I want to go back to school for marine biology and be an professional aquarist. But that will probably be like graphic design... when you do something for a job you kind of lose it as a hobby and it's not quite as enjoyable. I need to find more freelance projects. Those are a lot more fun than my full-time design job.

nh9KV.jpg

I like the finger leather there. It really sticks out a lot more. Is it in the U? Why not put it more on the horn?

Meat flavored beer?! I'm gonna have to look into that. There's no In 'n Out Burgers in Georgia :(

It kind of tastes like bacon too :) Yummy stuff!!!!!

We had lunch at In 'n Out burger today. I got my double meat single cheese burger protein style. That's without the bun and iceberg lettuce in the buns place. My FAVORITE!!!!! It cuts down on the calories a little ;)

I want to try in and out. :( I love burgers. They aren't my absolute favorite food, but if I'm not sure what to order they never disappoint.

i want beef jerkey....

Dude me too, last I had it was on manventure and it was this local stuff that was possibly the best I've had.

Yeah it's annoying. My paleo/primal diet is still going well and I'm enjoying learning about different foods, human evolution, how to cook more stuff, etc. I do enjoy nice cheeses but I don't eat them that often. I will definitely "cheat" sometimes without guilt because I've already made lots of changes.

I've been told to not follow a diet on the weekends because it doesn't really matter so Saturday and today I ate a good bit. I was 1 calorie under limit yesterday and 200 over today. :lol: I didn't care though it was just to keep track.

I don't know :unsure: Sometimes I want to go back to school for marine biology and be an professional aquarist. But that will probably be like graphic design... when you do something for a job you kind of lose it as a hobby and it's not quite as enjoyable. I need to find more freelance projects. Those are a lot more fun than my full-time design job.

I don't know, but I'd imagine the job market to be similar to GD saturation wise. What do you do now? Corporate design is where it's at, I have a friend that works for Giant Eagle and at 22 he has a 2 story apartment in downtown Pittsburg and paid off all his AIP debt. He does lots of neat things, mainly PoP displays.

I like the finger leather there. It really sticks out a lot more. Is it in the U? Why not put it more on the horn?

It will eventually go on the horn, it's just the light it so intense. It baked my froggy so I'm being cautious. If after a few weeks it's doing great ill cut it off the rock it's on and attach it to the platform. I just didn't want to go through the trouble for it to melt a week later.

Meat flavored beer?! I'm gonna have to look into that. There's no In 'n Out Burgers in Georgia :(

I feel your pain too. Do you at least have 5 guys? That's pretty damn good.

colormyheart

Hi Joel! :)

The new scape looks sweet. Did someone say in-n-out? Those burgers are really good, I have them all the time in Phoenix! Their animal fries are tasty. :) we have 5 guys but I think it's kind of overrated.

Hi Joel! :)

The new scape looks sweet. Did someone say in-n-out? Those burgers are really good, I have them all the time in Phoenix! Their animal fries are tasty. :) we have 5 guys but I think it's kind of overrated.

You shut your mouth about 5 guys. It's all we got over here on the east coast. :(

Thanks about the new scape! :D

Does blue have new coral yet?

colormyheart

:lol: trade with me! I adore the east coast. :wub:

I didn't know the leather was so big until you moved it. :)

Nope, they come thursday. Which is when my family comes in! My sisters engagement party is Friday, my uncles wedding is Saturday, and I leave for Italy on Sunday! Busy week. By the way, you can call me Julie. :P

omgomgomg we're finally to the first names part! omgomgomg I'm going to so blog about this!

Julie, the way you wrote that, it kind of reads like your sister is marrying your uncle. :P

I'm excited for your Italy trip! You're going to have so much fun. Fall in love with a Italian guy with a red scooter, then you will be like every romance movie ever.

I hate five guys...

5 guys hates you.

Actually I don't like it that much either, but since it's still newish and I can't get it in my town it's like a delicacy. :lol:

colormyheart
I'm excited for your Italy trip! You're going to have so much fun. Fall in love with a Italian guy with a red scooter, then you will be like every romance movie ever.

:lol: Joel, sometimes you make my day. The Italian boy who can make the best lasagna gets my heart! I'm excited to sing in saint peters basilica. :)

omgomgomg we're finally to the first names part! omgomgomg I'm going to so blog about this!

Julie, the way you wrote that, it kind of reads like your sister is marrying your uncle. :P

My parents named me after a potato. My full first name is Julienne.

That would be awkward! No incest, por favor. :P

Pretty pitchers :) Likin the changes. I'm jelly of your tank :(

Thank you! :) and don't be jelly! Your tank will be as awesome as this one. :)

I don't know, but I'd imagine the job market to be similar to GD saturation wise. What do you do now? Corporate design is where it's at, I have a friend that works for Giant Eagle and at 22 he has a 2 story apartment in downtown Pittsburg and paid off all his AIP debt. He does lots of neat things, mainly PoP displays.

I can't decide if I like corporate or small company better. Lots of pros and cons to both. Right now I work at a small, fairly new manufacturing company that makes an alcohol product. I am the only designer. There are 6 employees... 3 in the office and 3 in the back that make the stuff and ship it out. It's not a bad job for my first full-time position since college, but it's kind of a dead-end. With being so small and new, they can't pay much or offer any benefits whatsoever.

It will eventually go on the horn, it's just the light it so intense. It baked my froggy so I'm being cautious. If after a few weeks it's doing great ill cut it off the rock it's on and attach it to the platform. I just didn't want to go through the trouble for it to melt a week later.

ah gotcha. Just curious... is the pvc under the horn rock filled with water? I went back and saw how you made it and it's a pretty clever idea. Looks like an illusion that shouldn't be able to support itself.

I feel your pain too. Do you at least have 5 guys? That's pretty damn good.

Yeah we have 5 guy but I'm actually not a huge fan. Plus, I try to eat out only once a week. That day is my cheat day.

I'm excited to sing in saint peters basilica. :)

:o congratulations! That is an amazing opportunity. It's breathtaking just to step inside.

I can't decide if I like corporate or small company better. Lots of pros and cons to both. Right now I work at a small, fairly new manufacturing company that makes an alcohol product. I am the only designer. There are 6 employees... 3 in the office and 3 in the back that make the stuff and ship it out. It's not a bad job for my first full-time position since college, but it's kind of a dead-end. With being so small and new, they can't pay much or offer any benefits whatsoever.

That's cool, you'll figure it out. Just get yourself out there and try to get something else lined up.

ah gotcha. Just curious... is the pvc under the horn rock filled with water? I went back and saw how you made it and it's a pretty clever idea. Looks like an illusion that shouldn't be able to support itself.

The PVC is half filled, there's an air pocket to help keep the scape stay upright. But it does stand upright on its own.

Yeah we have 5 guy but I'm actually not a huge fan. Plus, I try to eat out only once a week. That day is my cheat day.

I cheat on the weekends. :D

By the way, you can call me Julie. :P

Can I call you Julie, too? :happy:

In 'n Out is the best. The fries are amazing too!!!!!!

I've never had 5 Guys, though I've heard of it. I bet it's no where near as good :)

Archived