Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
justjoshinya
nlVqw.jpg

:)

Hey great looking montis they are my favorite i drove out to "coral gazers" out here and picked up a monti that looks like the one on the left of this photo, brown with green polyps do you by chance know what its called?? i was told mine was an undata if i believe but i have no idea really

That is trippy :lol: Cool!!!!
Looks like it is coming out of my computer screen! :oB)

Soo super trippy and cool! :D

I think it's super cool!

Hey great looking montis they are my favorite i drove out to "coral gazers" out here and picked up a monti that looks like the one on the left of this photo, brown with green polyps do you by chance know what its called?? i was told mine was an undata if i believe but i have no idea really

Thanks man! It's a Steve Tyree Sunset Montipora danae. It's a little stressed but it will eventually be orange with green polyps. I definitely have montifever.

justjoshinya

yes me too lol the guy kept showing me and giving me prices on other stuff and i kept telling him, "i really want a monti" as he tried to sell me come zoas and acans and such, i told him i wasnt leaving without a monti lol and it is my favorite coral i have. but i also think chalice are pretty cool too

yes me too lol the guy kept showing me and giving me prices on other stuff and i kept telling him, "i really want a monti" as he tried to sell me come zoas and acans and such, i told him i wasnt leaving without a monti lol and it is my favorite coral i have. but i also think chalice are pretty cool too

Good call, I don't like shopping at LFS for that reason. They always try to get me to buy the exact opposite of what I want.

Chalices are awesome too, here's my only one, I'll put an updated picture of it tomorrow:

oxHGs.jpg

If I had a tank full of montipora and chalices I'd be a happy camper. Too bad chalices cost so much.

I new I should have never tried acid. :wacko:

Here's one better for you. Stare at the center for 45 seconds and then look around:

tOspK.jpg

And thanks about the chalice. Not as cool as yours though.

Here's one better for you. Stare at the center for 45 seconds and then look around:

tOspK.jpg

And thanks about the chalice. Not as cool as yours though.

Dude! You messed with my vision! HMOG! :mellow::lol:

I'm glad to see you officially have monti fever and that everyone seems to like the new frags. Don't you just have the sweetest fiance for hooking you up with a source of "name brand" montis? :D

Dude, cool it with the psychodelic stuff, I just had a few LSD molecules slip out from some of my DNA. You know, from my college days.

Love the monti's! I think I'm gonna get some chalice pieces as well. I also just got a meteor shower. Its also very interesting and sort of related, but in a family all its own. I couldn't find too mush info on it.

Don't you just have the sweetest fiance for hooking you up with a source of "name brand" montis? :D

The best! :wub::flower:

nice chalice!!! and i cant wait to see your sunset monti grow out

Thank man, me either!

Dude, cool it with the psychodelic stuff, I just had a few LSD molecules slip out from some of my DNA. You know, from my college days.

Love the monti's! I think I'm gonna get some chalice pieces as well. I also just got a meteor shower. Its also very interesting and sort of related, but in a family all its own. I couldn't find too mush info on it.

Haha mark you would. Meteor Showers are a Cyphastrea. That should help you find info about it. They are very cool pieces.

The best! :wub::flower:

Thank man, me either!

Haha mark you would. Meteor Showers are a Cyphastrea. That should help you find info about it. They are very cool pieces.

Thanks Bro! I've done some research, but still not much info on them. Mine is new but doing well. Right now the backround color is grey, I'm hoping it turns blue.

Thanks Bro! I've done some research, but still not much info on them. Mine is new but doing well. Right now the backround color is grey, I'm hoping it turns blue.

I've read they do well lower in the tank with indirect but fairly strong flow. Very similar to chalice care.

I've read they do well lower in the tank with indirect but fairly strong flow. Very similar to chalice care.

Thanks again! Yep, that's just about where I mounted it. I have a few pics, but photobucket is giving me trouble.

It's weird, because I'm not 100% sure how it's doing. If you look at the bottom you'll see some recession. But that area is also green, which I'm seeing everywhere I'm noticing new growth/eyes.

Archived