inTank Media Baskets

a Wisconsin Reef... my experiences in aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

hey kris are black tangs the same as scopas tangs? if so then breeding them is gonna be pretty awesome, I love scopas tangs! once I get more room for a larger setup I'm gettin one for sure. And I guess I'll know who to call haha

no black tangs are totally black. scopas goes from gray to black. both are beautiful fish

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is so cool. I love seeing things reproduce. That right there is a small gold mine.

Me too...:) I love seeing other human being doing the reproduction act too hahha

Very very nice setup professional!

Alpha Aquaculture
someone in the midwest.... Sweet. Can't wait to see you up and running.

Hahahaha Thanks we need more aquaculture everywhere!!! I started sponsoring Nano-Reef today ;)

Me too...:) I love seeing other human being doing the reproduction act too hahha

Very very nice setup professional!

Lol! Thanks! Got some Berghia eggs that were in a cool pattern today...

Any updates? Very cool.operation u have there, would love to see something even close to that down here in missouri....lol

So much going on lately lol. We did some anemone propagation today... I'm getting pics uploaded now. Aquaculture will be everywhere eventually :) Thank you btw!

Lucky three leaf clover berghia eggs lol they were laid today and I shipped them to a friend as a gift on a trade :)

009_edited-1-1.jpg

Alpha Aquaculture

Did some anemone propagation today. My friend Dan cut and I took the pics :)

001_edited-1-2.jpg

Gotta get a good cut with a sharp blade.

002_edited-1-1.jpg

003_edited-1-1.jpg

004_edited-1-1.jpg

005_edited-1-1.jpg

006_edited-1.jpg

007_edited-1.jpg

Iodine

008_edited-1-1.jpg

Hours later they are already moving around!!!

010_edited-1-1.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Sweet was this your first time? After watching or doing it once you see its no big deal. Got any pics to show color before you cut?

Alpha Aquaculture
Sweet was this your first time? After watching or doing it once you see its no big deal. Got any pics to show color before you cut?

I have never cut an anemone. My friend Dan has got much more experience doing it than me and was very eager to cut them so I let him do it. I think he did a great job. Maybe I will cut the next one ;) Here are some pics before the cut

A month or two ago. I think its cool how it was sticking to two surfaces and stretching out.

5-16-2011-001_edited-1.jpg

Older pic

4-17-2011-014_edited-1.jpg

I have a bta that is really close to that color. Do you or the person you got it form know how big your get before they split naturally?

I have friends that are over 14-15 inches in still have not split. usually something that stresses them are the things that cause them to split

Alpha Aquaculture

This one I received was naturally split off its mother. I got it from BeakerBob it originated in the midwest. I'm not sure how often he had his split but I spoke with another reefer yesterday that has an anemone tank where he has had over 100 natural splits since '94. Then I have also heard of the 14"ers that haven't split for years. The guy I spoke with the other day kept his under t5's and swears they are the best. They looked awesome. I also spoke with him about the whole getting them to bulb out thing which is a whole other story lol

I'm in Madison, WI. Your welcome to visit anytime your around. Just shoot me a pm and I'll give you my number.

Everything looks great. I live in Madison as well, so if you ever need a hand just let me know.

Alpha Aquaculture
I live in Madison as well, so if you ever need a hand just let me know.

For real? We are swamped here. There is so much to do that me and Rusty have been busting out 12 hour days everyday lately. What we need is not just a set of hands but someone that truly cares about the livestock and can show up 5 or 6 days a week every week and help us care for our saltwater animals. Someone that can spot diseases/problems and react. I was thinking about taking out some ads... Imma shoot you a pm.

uwwmatt just called me on the phone - I'm cool with helping move some stuff too. I'll take an afternoon of comp time or whatever

Alpha Aquaculture
uwwmatt just called me on the phone - I'm cool with helping move some stuff too. I'll take an afternoon of comp time or whatever

Sweet! I need to thank him again and I've only known him for an hour lol. Thank you for your consideration and for your time. I'll try and make it up to you.

These need to be moved...

6-11-2011-026_edited-1.jpg

So these can sit in their spot...

7-22-2011-001_edited-1.jpg

Then these need to go back on the stands...

6-11-2011-026_edited-1.jpg

Good news tho, I have 6 suction cups :)

Just sent you a text. Man those tanks are sweet. The question is how many hundreds of pounds do they weigh?

Depending on how heavy they are I could probably rope some of the silly interns on my fire department into being laborers for a while

Alpha Aquaculture

Ok a few more pics for teasers :P

7-21-2011-019_edited-1.jpg

7-21-2011-017_edited-1.jpg

7-21-2011-020_edited-1.jpg

7-21-2011-022_edited-1.jpg

Enjoy! I love these fish!!!

Just sent you a text. Man those tanks are sweet. The question is how many hundreds of pounds do they weigh?

Left the phone in the car I was only gonna run in for a min lol. Too much man they are insanely heavy, there are some other breeder tanks here that me and another person moved and it nearly killed us. The raceways are bigger. Maybe 500lbs but I'm not sure lol

Depending on how heavy they are I could probably rope some of the silly interns on my fire department into being laborers for a while

Hahahahaha I like the word silly lol. It would be appreciated. I could always get some big family orders of pasta from Rosati's my fav italian food spot. At least everyone will leave with full bellies.

Really gotta go now. I was supposed to be there at 3pm lol. But I'll show up in fashion!

FishEyeAquaculture
Ok a few more pics for teasers :P

7-21-2011-019_edited-1.jpg

7-21-2011-017_edited-1.jpg

7-21-2011-020_edited-1.jpg

7-21-2011-022_edited-1.jpg

Enjoy! I love these fish!!!

Sustainable Aquatics produces some nice fish! Great photos!

Alpha Aquaculture
dude can i move into that warehouse, ill pay you with clowns??? lol

hahahahaha if you move in here and help with everything I will pay you in clowns lol. We will convert the office to your bedroom and you can have one of the bathrooms :)

Sustainable Aquatics produces some nice fish! Great photos!

For sure! Although I have a soft spot for all clownfish!!! Thanks fish pics are tough lol

Alpha Aquaculture
:welcome: to sponsorship

Thanks! I like your avatar :) I want one like it lol I've had my honey pot for 15 months might be time for a change soon.

Are you going to MACNA this year? Would be a good chance to get your name out

Relatively close to us this year as well

Alpha Aquaculture
Are you going to MACNA this year? Would be a good chance to get your name out

Relatively close to us this year as well

I think I will def be going for fun! As far as setting up a booth, I need to contact someone in charge of the event and learn about the details. I have never been to a MACNA show this would be my first :)

Archived