inTank Media Baskets

a Wisconsin Reef... my experiences in aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Do you ( or anyone else for that matter) have a male onyx BA or a grade A Picasso your hiding somewhere for sale? Getting a laying snowcasso and she needs a better mate than a reg occy she has now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alpha Aquaculture

Hey everyone! I've been MIA lately out partying, boating and having tons of fun! BUT BUT ... We have been grinding out here at the shop! Everything is going super great with the corals. And the clowns... We now have 12 egg laying pairs!!! Noticed a new sick pair laid eggs today and another female with her oviposter sticking out super far and she is super duper fat. Might get to 13 egg layers within the next few hours :):):)

• 2 weeks later...
In case you haven't already seen it...

IMG_5089.jpg

poster time.........hehe let me know how the pair i sent you tody arrives tommorrow, male would make a fantastic candidate for the poster pic ;)

In case you haven't already seen it...

IMG_5089.jpg

Can I set this as my desktop pic? This rates #2 in best pics ever. #1 is a photo of a mantis shrimp in mid-lunge against a damsel.

• 2 months later...
Alpha Aquaculture
Can I set this as my desktop pic? This rates #2 in best pics ever. #1 is a photo of a mantis shrimp in mid-lunge against a damsel.

Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to you but yes for sure you can use it. I just cropped out some of the other shots for some amazing photos. I'll be posting those soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture

Hey everyone! We are having an artwork contest! The winner gets $275 in clownfish or a chance at some sweet pairs. All you have to do is create a logo for our company Alpha Aquaculture.

Please post the logo here if you make one!

Wow. Just read through the whole thread. Was thinking of getting back into clowns for the last few months and this tipped the scales!

Those are some beautiful clowns you have bred, I cannot wait to get a nice pair again!

Nick O'Connor

• 4 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture
Wow. Just read through the whole thread. Was thinking of getting back into clowns for the last few months and this tipped the scales!

Those are some beautiful clowns you have bred, I cannot wait to get a nice pair again!

Nick O'Connor

Thanks Nick! Glad you enjoyed the pics! I've gotta post more pics!!! I've got some stuff that's gonna make everyone freak!

Hit me up when your ready for some clowns! I've got all the types just always need to get more on the site :D Also, way cool that you read the entire thread. I need to update more...

Alpha Aquaculture
Did I miss the contest?

Yea the contest was in October. I have a series of contests every October where I give away at least 4 pairs. I'll def be having another one in 11 months :D

• 2 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture

So the two clowns in the video below have been laying off and on for the last 6 months but never any decent amount of eggs left. Usually they are gone the same day. Today I managed to catch some very interesting behavior on film. It seems the reason why she is not laying is the male. The incident is about a minute in if you don't care to watch the whole thing. Check it out!

http://alphacorals.wistia.com/medias/cfbri9vk0n

Please let me know what you think. Any advice?

Alpha Aquaculture

Good news everyone! Just now I noticed they laid down a nice little nest of about 30 eggs, the most eggs the female has ever laid. Its interesting to me that she laid today when she was trying to lay last night. I was not expecting that. These two have been together now for around 14 months so they are totally bonded. I hope they don't continue to fight. They are a perfect match for each other and I'm not going to separate them so I guess we will see what happens. I haven't seen any fin damage or anything. I wonder if it was the males way of saying, "Wait! You're laying too early! Your eggs will be ready to lay tomorrow!"

Alpha Aquaculture

Had to post this here too so everyone that subscribed can see :)

Check out the different colors of scales on this clown.

IMG_1640.jpg

All of these scales are on the clownfish above

IMG_1640-1.jpg

IMG_1640-3.jpg

IMG_1640-2.jpg

IMG_1640-4.jpg

Also, I took some videos of some of my bluest clownfish I know everyone will enjoy...

The first video is of one of my clownfish with blue streaks

http://alphacorals.wistia.com/medias/1f9urf1hlg

The second video is of my most blue pair, its tough to see in the video but the blue is the brightest blue I've seen and the bands are the widest bands of blue I've seen. Its pretty ironic I went to video them and they happened to be laying!!! This is the second clutch they have had so far. The eggs from the first clutch looked very healthy and were fertilized and lasted until we let them hatch in their tank. This is the first time I have ever videoed them and they happened to be laying! Enjoy!

http://alphacorals.wistia.com/medias/c4085zgz8c

Check out the different colors of scales on this clown.

IMG_1640.jpg

All of these scales are on the clownfish above

IMG_1640-1.jpg

Kris! Great looking clowns! P.s. my pair is doing amazing by the way.

Archived