Top Shelf Aquatics

a Wisconsin Reef... my experiences in aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture
These are the first designer clowns that I don't find ugly, and the first clownfish I would spend more than 20 dollars on. It's very hard to change my mind on that, good job.

Thanks! They are gonna have some amazing babies I'm sure. They are the darkest Onyx I've seen, their black is so dark and there is a little bit of blue in the extra white dot on the female.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ericm1205

They are stunning onyx. I would say they are little nicer than my Rods pair. I would love to have a pair like that.

Alpha Aquaculture

OMG!!!!! I just noticed a new pair has laid eggs!!!! This is this pair's first ever clutch!!! And they are quite an awesome pair!

They are stunning onyx. I would say they are little nicer than my Rods pair. I would love to have a pair like that.

I would also like to get a few more Onyx for my broodstock but its not easy finding nice ones. Sooooo stoked about my SA Fancy Whites now laying. I'm gonna go and video them now, maybe some photos too :)

Alpha Aquaculture
take some random shots of the place to please

Darn it! I didn't see your message until now. For some reason the photos I just took are not coming off my camera...

Picassos picassos, where art thou picassos?

I accidentally mismatched a bunch of the photo/videos so there are different fish in them. I need to go through and switch a few things around and double check everything. That's what I get clicking away obliviously at 3am lol. Plus this new pair laying eggs got me running for the camera. I want to show you guys this new pair that's laying, they are nice :D

buddythelion

WOW. Mama is hot! I am definitely impressed with mama because she's symmetrical. And dad's helmet is crazy! He's like a chieftan warrior.

Alpha Aquaculture
WOW. Mama is hot! I am definitely impressed with mama because she's symmetrical. And dad's helmet is crazy! He's like a chieftan warrior.

Hahaha thanks! I had the female with another male that was pretty cool but this male is def perfect for her. They took right away and now only a few months later making babies!

Thos are fantastic! I'm really int percs right now, but those fancies are really tempting. Nice and good luck with the hatch!

These SA Fancy Whites are ridiculous. I love the lines on the ones with the 'swoosh'. I'm really growing strongly towards being an ocellaris fan myself. Made two new pairs of ocellaris yesterday, some really nice pairings. Thanks!

Alpha Aquaculture

Check out these SA Picasso that have matured some.

2012-5-12-IMG_0135.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0137_copy.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0146.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0151.jpg

Another...

2012-5-12-IMG_0119.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0118.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0129.jpg

2012-5-12-IMG_0130.jpg

Love those picasso's. My first designer was a snowcasso and I switched to an occy lover more now. Only perc complex I have now is my rods pair. The rest are 2 darwins and 3 occy's paired with supers snows and a super s'more.

How big is your female fancy??

• 3 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture

I'm in awe. This pair just laid eggs for the first time today. Things are heating up.

Just had to show off these beauties! Unbelievably rare and unbelievably perfect in every way.

Perfect jawline, perfect gills, perfect pelvic fins, perfect pectoral fins, perfect dorsal fins, perfect pattern, perfect temperment, perfect!!!

2012-4-22-IMG_8996.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8992.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8990.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8988.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8987.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8984.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8974.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8963.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8952.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8936.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8934.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8923.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8904.jpg

2012-4-22-IMG_8890.jpg

:)

Check them out in the video link below :)

http://alphacorals.wistia.com/m/uE5JSw

Let me know what you think. Pics coming soon too!

I think you need to send them to Florida. Looks too hot in that tank, I think I even heard the male said he wants a beer on the beach. Yep he sent me a text from your phone I just double checked.

Alpha Aquaculture

I just took a nice video of the pair that just laid for the first time yesterday. Today there were only a very small cluster of eggs left. No setback I know they are just getting started. I give them some flakes in the video. Click the link below.

http://alphacorals.wistia.com/m/jy5Kr0

If you liked that video you are gonna really like this next one

http://alphacorals.wistia.com/m/Ao5JTO

I took some pics of this one too

2012-6-4-IMG_2403.jpg

2012-6-4-IMG_2370.jpg

2012-6-4-IMG_2398.jpg

2012-6-4-IMG_2363.jpg

Alpha Aquaculture
I think you need to send them to Florida. Looks too hot in that tank, I think I even heard the male said he wants a beer on the beach. Yep he sent me a text from your phone I just double checked.

Right now I have about 15 pairs of just SA Fancy Snows that are nearing this quality and pattern rarity. They are my favorite breed of all ocellaris. I have about 6 pairs that are of this quality or nicer. I know I told you that I finally paired up my favorite of the Fancy Snows the other day with a new male that is a better match from a different hatch of the same parents. I haven't posted pictures of that one online yet :) I removed the females pot right away so they can swim together more and it seems to be working. I'll give the pot back in a few days. The female is much larger than the male so I know it will be a good pair. The female is not super large yet but I can tell she is prob like 6 months away. The Fancy Snow that just laid for me was from the same hatch as my favorite one.

Thanks btw. When I do fly down there again I am def gonna bring a few nice fish for you. I want to visit Johnathon and Eileen too. And go to ORA again and try to get them to let me see all their fish lol. I wonder if I will be able to place an order when I am there in person.

• 2 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture
Let me know when you can supply me with Fancy Whites. :) They look insane@!

Thanks! Right now I have 4 bonded pairs of Fancy Whites, plus two other exceptional females paired with Extreme Snow Onyx. This one female Fancy White I have has the sweetest color. It looks dark maroon, reddish black to me very unique and she is already very large with perfect face, fins and form. Both of the fish in that pair have partially black bellies. I don't usually see that trait so I decided to make them a pair.

If you ever get some more naked clownfish with ONE black or white dot near the cheek. please let me know thanks! Searching for a soul mate for my black domino clownfish. :lol:

Alpha Aquaculture
If you ever get some more naked clownfish with ONE black or white dot near the cheek. please let me know thanks! Searching for a soul mate for my black domino clownfish. :lol:

I've got one exactly like that right now that I'm using to help pair up some pairs that don't swim in the pot together. I can sell him to you no problem. I'll shoot you a pm right now with details.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived