Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI

Latest HD tank video

Metal Halide Sunrise - 150w Phoenix 14000K

My ORA grade 'A' Picasso clowns

New Corals - 8/14/11

FTS: 12/12/11

4vs8iu.jpg

Fish

- Two ORA Grade 'A' Picasso Percula Clownfish (Marino & Verde)

SPS

- Bali Green Slimer

- Blue Acropora awi

- Incredible Hulk Acropora

- ORA Frogskin

- ORA Plum Crazy

- Palmer's Blue Mille

- Tan slimer w/ green polyp tubes

- Tri-Color Acropora tortousa (?)

- Tyree Lime in the Sky Acropora

- Euphyllia's Bright Red Monti Cap

- Euphyllia's Jersey Shore Monti

- Green Montipora danae

- ORA Spongodes

- Orange Montipora digitata

- Purple Montipora danae

- Euphyllia's Bird of Paradise

- Green Polyp Orange Birdsnest

- ORA Bird of Paradise (?)

- ORA Green Birsdnest

- ORA Hyacinth Birdsnest (?)

- ORA Ponape Birdsnest

- Purple Birdsnest

- Silver Birdsnest

- Green Mystery Awesomepora

- Green Psammacora

- ORA Green Damicornis (?)

LPS

- Green w/ Yellow/Blue/Red Chalice

- Hollywood Stunner Chalice

- Blue/Red Acro

Zoas & Softies

- 3 polyp Magician knock-off colony

- 75 polyp Red Hornet colony

- 15 polyp Purple Hornet colony

- 5 polyp Pink & Gold paly colony

- 4 red ricordea-yumas

- 3 polyp Rose Nebula colony

Inverts

- Blue Maxima Clam

- Black Maxima Clam

- Peppermint Shrimp

- Turbo Snail

- Torchus Snail

- Margarita Snail

- Red Leg Hermits

Marino

bdw6e8.jpg

Verde

2ahto49.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DISCLAIMER: For some reason my camera won't pick up the corals true colors, so I took shots from the top and they show the true colors you would see if you looked straight on... But the clam looks better from top-down view than it does from side view.

Green Birdsnest (Left); Silver Birdsnest (Right)

2n8ohf4.jpg

ORA Plum Crazy (Left); Blue/Purple Maxima Clam (Right)

25pqwc9.jpg

Bright Red Monti Cap (Middle); ORA Ponape Birdsnest (Below Cap); ORA Spongodes (Top Right)

2h684zb.jpg

Red Hornet Colony

2yzlny9.jpg

ORA Mystery Seriatopora (Left); ORA Frogskin (Middle); ORA Green Birdsnest (Right)

25ouydy.jpg

Blue Long-Polyp Mystery Acro

2ljp76f.jpg

Purple Hornet Colony

178tua.jpg

Green Psamicora

2exo7if.jpg

Mystery Awesomepora (Left); Incredible Hulk Acro (Right)

14cxy00.jpg

Green w/ Yellow/Red/Blue Chalice

eqp1li.jpg

Blue/Purple Maxima Clam (Right); Red Ricordea-Yuma (Middle); ORA Green Birdsnest (Left)

wu5mr7.jpg

Looks nice I like the green psamicora

Thanks. I think it's getting a little too much light and my tri-color isn't getting enough. Since they're on the same kind of plug I can switch them around.

Your SPS seem a little browned out. Do you have a skimmer? Do you test phosphate?

I recently picked up most of the ORA frags... The browned-out/bleached ones at least. All of the bleached/browned-out ORA frags are in rehab. I got 90% of the SPS from the same LFS and they've colored up a bit since then. Which ones were you specifically talking about? And yes, I do have a skimmer.

SouthFlorida_Tron

What color mh? 10 or 14k? I wonder how some actinic supplementation would help those browns... Fa show bring in some colors...

It's a 14K but I'll switch the bulb for a 20K.

Wait a second... Are you guys referring to ALL of my SPS as browned or just the browned/bleached ORA frags?

• 3 weeks later...

Harvested 10 live amphipods to feed to my Picas. The male grabbed one and spit it out quickly. The female ate the rest and loved them. I'll get pictures next time.

Some of the browned/bleached ORA frags are coloring up. I'm gonna buy another clam and see if the LFS has a rose mille.

While I was gone on vacation the tank temperature dropped to 70F. I observed that all of my cold-colored corals (blues, greens, purples) had colored up.

Blue Bottlebrush before vacation...

2ljp76f.jpg

Blue Bottlebrush after vacation...

212xp3b.jpg

It looks so much nice now! It was closed when I took the after picture because I had just done a WC and it was in the air for half a minute. If you look closely you'll see brown polyps in the before picture. The polyps are now turquoise!

Here's my tri-color acro. The red/brown areas turned purple! The picture was taken directly after a water change after being exposed to air for half a minute, though it was starting to extend...

2quhkhy.jpg

My hot-colored corals didn't seem to like the cooler water, but they didn't dislike it either. I didn't see any growth or color change with them. My Ponape birdsnest doubled in size during my 9 day vacation. I turned the heater on when I got back from vacation and heated the tank up to 78, but the green on my Ponape birdsnest and my purple and orange birdnest vanished so I'm going to keep my tank around 74F. My cold-colored corals like it better. :)

My ORA Plum Crazy is looking better. Keep in mind that top-down shots show more vibrant colors than straight side view. :D

Here he is after I brought him home...

25pqwc9.jpg

Here he is today...

2n6hes2.jpg

If you look closely the base is blue, green and purple. You can't see it due to the suckosity of my camera, but the tips of the polyp tubes are a very light baby blue. :)

VIDEO OF MY PICAS...

I want your clowms. :)

Thanks. When I tell non-hobbyist how much they were, they're like "... 0.o" but when I tell hobbyist they're like "STEAL" lol. :lol:

How much did you pay?

$200 for the pair. No tax. Not dirt cheap, but pretty good for ORA grade 'A'.

Looks good, but it does look like you have a nutrient problem judging by the colors of your corals and the algae/cyano on your sand bed.

Fix it and you will see some crazy color improvement :)

Looks good, but it does look like you have a nutrient problem judging by the colors of your corals and the algae/cyano on your sand bed.

Fix it and you will see some crazy color improvement :)

Yeah, I figured. Ever since I added the clowns I've had to feed the tank which is causing algae to grow. I have a skimmer running on a very wet skim. I can add carbon to the tank and I'll get some GFO soon. I do weekly 17.25% water changes. I can cut back on the feeding. What else could I do to improve the situation?

GFO will take care of the phosphate problem. If they're only clowns, you can honestly cut back to feeding once every three days and be fine. Maybe go to every other day once your problem is lowered.

GFO will take care of the phosphate problem. If they're only clowns, you can honestly cut back to feeding once every three days and be fine. Maybe go to every other day once your problem is lowered.

Say I fed them an amount of food every three days. Could I feed them 1/3 of that amount every day so they don't go long periods of time without food

all those frags should look amazing once you get everything going right. can't wait to see it

I hope so. I'm slowly cooling the tank to 72F since cooler temperatures gave me more colors. :)

Archived