Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zer0's Random Photography Thread

Zer0

That picture of lights is more of a picture of nothing. It contains cut off columns as well as the cut off pump. Actually, to be more accurate, you have way more detracting elements in the image than you do subject. The lines are also crooked.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Lol, I get it, but tbh I don't care. :lol: I like the look of the picture, and I take pictures for me, and no one else. :>

What about this one?

6967345516_4f8bd7a26c_b.jpg

You should tell us what you like about that one.

What about this one? Took it at a greenhouse place.. thought it was pretty cool...?

6967345516_4f8bd7a26c_b.jpg

I'm not a photographer, but I'm an observer, which is what really matters. The observer is what makes the photographer. I really like that pic and if you did a watercolor style effect on it, it would make an excellent wall hanger. Very nice work! Don't listen to Kazooie, he knows nothing about photography according to some of the more experienced members on here. :P

Way to busy to have a obvious subject.

*too

*an

img0127yt.jpg

LAWL :haha:

I'm not a photographer, but I'm an observer, which is what really matters. The observer is what makes the photographer. I really like that pic and if you did a watercolor style effect on it, it would make an excellent wall hanger. Very nice work! Don't listen to Kazooie, he knows nothing about photography according to some of the more experienced members on here. :P

*too

*an

There's also no reason to be a dick either.

*too

*an

Yeah you are an idiot. I promise you that if that picture was uploaded to ANY photography forum, it would be shot down for being too busy. The main problem being that the "subject' is the same color of the foreground and background, which should almost never be done.

I only upload a portion of the pictures I take here, the majority of them go to other (dedicated) photography forums. From all the feedback I receive, I'm slightly above or just average, so I do know a thing or two about photography. Seriously, an 'observer' wouldn't know any of the guides and rules to photography.

Someone is taking things to seriously. As for the picture. I hate it. The reason is that nothing of any interest is actually in focus. These weeds have to much of a busy look or confusing shape to make out. Would have been much better of the weeds closest to the lens were actually closer and more in focus.

The arches also bother me a lot. I'm sure it is just how the scene looked but some editing to bring everything into strait horizontal lines would probably look much better.

The third thing that bothers me is that I feel this should have been shot at a much wider angle.

I wouldn't really worry about this stuff to much though. Just keep taking pictures with the goal to be good at it.

Yeah you are an idiot. I promise you that if that picture was uploaded to ANY photography forum, it would be shot down for being too busy. The main problem being that the "subject' is the same color of the foreground and background, which should almost never be done.

I only upload a portion of the pictures I take here, the majority of them go to other (dedicated) photography forums. From all the feedback I receive, I'm slightly above or just average, so I do know a thing or two about photography. Seriously, an 'observer' wouldn't know any of the guides and rules to photography.

Wow... I've seriously lost all respect for you. BTW, all of the pictures you have uploaded to N-R... I truly didn't like them. I commented on a few of the better ones to say I liked them, but they pretty much sucked.

art is art. there are no freakin rules.

Wow... I've seriously gained a bit of respect for you.

devilsadvocate
Wow... I've seriously gained a bit of respect for you.

oh yay! i has respect!

btw zero, i really liked that picture of the field.

i like how there are stalks in the front and the tree line are out of focus.

oh yay! i has respect!

btw zero, i really liked that picture of the field.

i like how there are stalks in the front and the tree line are out of focus.

Kazooie's screen is so whack. The subject is the grass crap that the picture is focused on. I just wish it had more of that pink stuff though, that was great against the green. :)

Thanks to you guys that liked the picture, somewhat, that's pretty cool I guess since I thought it was a nice shot too. And when I mean a "nice shot", I mean it was just cool the way the bushes were setup together. Maybe I should have gotten a wider angle to show how ridiculously huge the field was, and how tightly packed together they were. Some of the bushes were even flowering which was really nice. I didn't think of it when I was taking the picture, but it is certainly something I will think about next time I'm shooting for more photos. Also, I don't consider myself a photographer. I consider myself someone with a nice camera who wants to capture some cool pictures of cool things every now and then. Is it such a terrible thing that I don't go out and take professional quality pictures every time I turn the camera on?

Personally I like all of the feedback, good or bad, because it gives me ideas and things to watch out for the next time I go out taking pictures. So keep it coming, tell me why my pictures make you so angry. :)

Just keep taking pictures with the goal to be good at it.

Absolutely. Like I said above, I am trying to take all of what you guys are saying into consideration when going and shooting my next set of pictures, however lame they may be. :lol:

Thanks for looking anyways guys, much appreciated.

iball1804

TBH, I like them. And in the long run, no matter how much you know or don't know about photography, I think that is the most important part.

TBH, I like them. And in the long run, no matter how much you know or don't know about photography, I think that is the most important part.

:) I agree.

Absolutely. Like I said above, I am trying to take all of what you guys are saying into consideration when going and shooting my next set of pictures, however lame they may be. :lol:

Don't be to fooled by what you see many of the times. There are times when I go out and have something that I really want to take photos of and take a bunch of really good ones because I have an interest in the subject. However, there are many days that I pack my camera around just to enjoy the day and don't stop taking pictures till the card is full and come home with only one or two that I like. The rest only served the purpose of getting a feel for the camera.

My yellow head jawfish is a prime example to describe what I mean to say... I've taken hundreds of pictures of if. I'll sit down some days when I have my camera in hand and take dozens at a time. I've only got one single photo that I am actually happy with.

Nothing wrong with taking bad photos. It's the price you have to pay if you ever want to take good ones. Taking good ones is something to be proud of.

Don't be to fooled by what you see many of the times. There are times when I go out and have something that I really want to take photos of and take a bunch of really good ones because I have an interest in the subject. However, there are many days that I pack my camera around just to enjoy the day and don't stop taking pictures till the card is full and come home with only one or two that I like. The rest only served the purpose of getting a feel for the camera.

My yellow head jawfish is a prime example to describe what I mean to say... I've taken hundreds of pictures of if. I'll sit down some days when I have my camera in hand and take dozens at a time. I've only got one single photo that I am actually happy with.

Nothing wrong with taking bad photos. It's the price you have to pay if you ever want to take good ones. Taking good ones is something to be proud of.

Very true Bishop. I like the way you think.

Well I thought these were a couple good shots. Let me know what you guys think:

6945395986_5018bd2485_b.jpg

7091467173_b71bbcf6df_b.jpg

Hmm... maybe because the sliding door on the right of the first picture was at a weird angle, it would make it not as good or something, right? Straight lines and what not? And because part of his ears are out of the picture?

the composure on the tree is nice. to much of it is out of focus though, otherwise its a nice shot. The cat is pourly composed in the center. the ears dont really bother me the way a persons arm would. the good part is the sharpness. the face is well in focus while smoothly blurring the body and background which is the great thing. The only real bad thing about the shot that cant as easily be fixed is the hard shadow on the cat's face. this is what breaks an otherwise good shot.

As for the door, its fine excpt that thing hanging from it. strait lines should be strait but that means " not curved" due to lens. Taking advantage of strait horizontal lines is a big bonus.

the composure on the tree is nice. to much of it is out of focus though, otherwise its a nice shot. The cat is pourly composed in the center. the ears dont really bother me the way a persons arm would. the good part is the sharpness. the face is well in focus while smoothly blurring the body and background which is the great thing. The only real bad thing about the shot that cant as easily be fixed is the hard shadow on the cat's face. this is what breaks an otherwise good shot.

As for the door, its fine excpt that thing hanging from it. strait lines should be strait but that means " not curved" due to lens. Taking advantage of strait horizontal lines is a big bonus.

The lichens on the tree were hard as hell to focus on, not really sure why as I was at a pretty decent distance from it while still being close. I tried to get more of it in focus but the camera just wouldn't agree with me. I'm sure it was just user error though.

I can't believe I didn't even notice the shadow on the cats face. As soon as I read it, it hit me right in the face. It was just so obvious haha. But yeah, I'll try and get the whole face area, while trying to keep everything else around it straight, and blurred out. I think I was at a weird angle which is why the curtains hanging from the sliding door looked weird.

Nice, thanks bishop. I'll see what I can work on.

The cat one has a bit of potential, just needs a little more work. I actually kind of like the hard shadow covering part of it's face, it emphasizes how equal the face is on each side, it just needs to be slid over a little to the left. :)

The cat one has a bit of potential, just needs a little more work. I actually kind of like the hard shadow covering part of it's face, it emphasizes how equal the face is on each side, it just needs to be slid over a little to the left. :)

Good point! I guess there's a couple ways to look at it, but now that I look at it more and more, I think it stands out and may catch the viewers eye more then the rest of the face that is in focus. Idk, just my opinion.

Good point! I guess there's a couple ways to look at it, but now that I look at it more and more, I think it stands out and may catch the viewers eye more then the rest of the face that is in focus. Idk, just my opinion.

The flash on your camera is used to fill in that hard shadow. Flash exposure compensation helps adjust it so that the flash gives fill light without completely overpowering other light. A flash is often more valuable in bright sun than it is in low light.

For the best example, check out page 4 here "Click"

This is for exposing the subject with a bright background just to help open you up to the abilities of the flash.

Archived