Cultivated Reef

Feedback for Tenor

Tenor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've purchased several Zoa frags and an Acan from Tenor through multiple transactions. Every single frag I bought from him have thrived and exploded in growth. All are healthy and hardy and completely healed and usually sprouting baby heads. His prices are more than fair and his tank is amazing, don't hesitate to get these corals!!

• 2 weeks later...
highonfumes

Pleasant experience all around. He included an ice pack (which i didn't request) which was great since the day after shipment our temps hit 100 degrees. Everything arrived alive and all the corals are doing great. I purchased several single polyp frags and received more than what I asked/paid for.

Thanks!

Pleasant experience all around. He included an ice pack (which i didn't request) which was great since the day after shipment our temps hit 100 degrees. Everything arrived alive and all the corals are doing great. I purchased several single polyp frags and received more than what I asked/paid for.

Thanks!

Thanks highonfumes

• 2 months later...

Ridiculously well-packed shipment. I bought 7 frags of zoas/palys, each frag was wrapped onto a piece of foam so it would float in the water upside down and keep the polyps from getting bumped by edges. Styrofoam box was filled with peanuts and each bag was triple-bagged and secured.

Within 5 minutes of being placed in the tank, all polyps opened and looked *ridiculously* healthy. These are the largest, brightest set of guys I have ever seen from purchasing from a hobbyist. Fed all newcomers later that evening, everyone ate and slept fully plump. He won't gouge you and you'll get the healthiest little dudes for your tank!

Ridiculously well-packed shipment. I bought 7 frags of zoas/palys, each frag was wrapped onto a piece of foam so it would float in the water upside down and keep the polyps from getting bumped by edges. Styrofoam box was filled with peanuts and each bag was triple-bagged and secured.

Within 5 minutes of being placed in the tank, all polyps opened and looked *ridiculously* healthy. These are the largest, brightest set of guys I have ever seen from purchasing from a hobbyist. Fed all newcomers later that evening, everyone ate and slept fully plump. He won't gouge you and you'll get the healthiest little dudes for your tank!

Thanks rbaby

• 1 month later...

Just recieved a zoa/paly pack from Tenor today. He is very easy to deal with, no run-arounds in PMs, replys promptly. His pictures are true to the zoas/palys colors! His prices are fair for the livestock, and pheonominal for shipping. He really knows what he is doing, (as stated previously: frags banded upside down to a piece of foam guarded in a specimin cup full of water). This is an outstanding way of shipping these specimins, and involves a lot of work, especially for $15 two day shipping!

I would recommend him to anyone looking for sweet frags! Thanks a lot Peter!

Just recieved a zoa/paly pack from Tenor today. He is very easy to deal with, no run-arounds in PMs, replys promptly. His pictures are true to the zoas/palys colors! His prices are fair for the livestock, and pheonominal for shipping. He really knows what he is doing, (as stated previously: frags banded upside down to a piece of foam guarded in a specimin cup full of water). This is an outstanding way of shipping these specimins, and involves a lot of work, especially for $15 two day shipping!

I would recommend him to anyone looking for sweet frags! Thanks a lot Peter!

Thanks Kylebeano for the great feedback

Tenor

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even know you had a feedback page.

Tenor is a great guy to buy from. Just like everyone else in here said. He's willing to answer any questions you might have. He responds very quickly. Very glad that I've bought from him.

The corals are a lot nicer in person than in the pictures. Everything is healthy and growing. You can tell the amount of effort and attention put forth into the corals he sells. The tiles that they sit on has no algae (just coralline).

Packaging is superb. I'll address that with a couple of pictures:

IMG_20111013_105631.jpg

IMG_20111013_110139.jpg

Thank you once again Tenor, and please let me know when you have some more corals available. :D

I didn't even know you had a feedback page.

Tenor is a great guy to buy from. Just like everyone else in here said. He's willing to answer any questions you might have. He responds very quickly. Very glad that I've bought from him.

The corals are a lot nicer in person than in the pictures. Everything is healthy and growing. You can tell the amount of effort and attention put forth into the corals he sells. The tiles that they sit on has no algae (just coralline).

Packaging is superb. I'll address that with a couple of pictures:

IMG_20111013_105631.jpg

IMG_20111013_110139.jpg

Thank you once again Tenor, and please let me know when you have some more corals available. :D

Thanks Ptboy6 for the positive feedback. I'm super busy laterly, will upload the list soon. Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

I recently made my first online coral purchase from Tenor. Packing was excellent. (In fact, reading his reviews are what made me what to order from him to begin with.) He used a box, lined with styrofoam like board for stability. He then had the inside of the box lined with bubble wrap/plastic, and each individual coral was in it's own waterproof container strapped to a styrofoam cube upside down (to keep the coral in water). The container was then wrapped and rubber banded in little bags. He also packed in two heat bags and newspaper on the top of the box. The corals were very thoroughly protected.

We had one setback when usps delayed my shipping and instead of getting them overnight; I got them the next morning. But that turned out to be okay! Throughout the whole process, Tenor answered all of my questions (I added several items on my order after placing the initial order, I asked him tons of various questions. He responded to all of them in a very timely manner) When my corals arrived a little late, he told me to keep him updated and gave me extra suggestions on what to do to help them recover a little faster. Very excellent seller! I would do business with again!

I recently made my first online coral purchase from Tenor. Packing was excellent. (In fact, reading his reviews are what made me what to order from him to begin with.) He used a box, lined with styrofoam like board for stability. He then had the inside of the box lined with bubble wrap/plastic, and each individual coral was in it's own waterproof container strapped to a styrofoam cube upside down (to keep the coral in water). The container was then wrapped and rubber banded in little bags. He also packed in two heat bags and newspaper on the top of the box. The corals were very thoroughly protected.

We had one setback when usps delayed my shipping and instead of getting them overnight; I got them the next morning. But that turned out to be okay! Throughout the whole process, Tenor answered all of my questions (I added several items on my order after placing the initial order, I asked him tons of various questions. He responded to all of them in a very timely manner) When my corals arrived a little late, he told me to keep him updated and gave me extra suggestions on what to do to help them recover a little faster. Very excellent seller! I would do business with again!

Wow, excellent feedback...Thanks again

Tenor

• 1 month later...

Tenor is great. I've bought stuff from him a couple of times now and they always do great. I've always picked up. He's a nice guy and always gives you at least what you pay for. They always open up fast and do well. Once you see everything he has, you always want more. Thanks again Peter.

Tenor is great. I've bought stuff from him a couple of times now and they always do great. I've always picked up. He's a nice guy and always gives you at least what you pay for. They always open up fast and do well. Once you see everything he has, you always want more. Thanks again Peter.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Reef_Addiction

Beautiful zoa, fast shipping, very impressed with my transaction. Highly recommending getting frags from Tenor. My polyps were already open when I took them out of the box. Thanks for the high quality clementine Tenor!

Beautiful zoa, fast shipping, very impressed with my transaction. Highly recommending getting frags from Tenor. My polyps were already open when I took them out of the box. Thanks for the high quality clementine Tenor!

Thanks Nino. Glad you enjoy the Clementine

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a orange bambam frag from Tenor a few days ago...Couldn't have been an easier transaction, and when I took them home and began to acclimate them by floating in my sump, they started to open with just light leaking from my main display...Very healthy, and they opened fully within 15 minutes of being placed into the tank...I also might add that he listed the frag as 6 polyps, but in fact there are 7 + one baby yet to open :) ...

Looking forward to the next FS thread, I will be buying from Tenor again!

I picked up a orange bambam frag from Tenor a few days ago...Couldn't have been an easier transaction, and when I took them home and began to acclimate them by floating in my sump, they started to open with just light leaking from my main display...Very healthy, and they opened fully within 15 minutes of being placed into the tank...I also might add that he listed the frag as 6 polyps, but in fact there are 7 + one baby yet to open :) ...

Thank Meta Tank for the great feedback... looking forward to meet you again

Thank Meta Tank for the great feedback... looking forward to meet you again

Well, I just picked up another batch of Zoas from Tenor. If you've been checking out this feedback on Tenor you already know what I'm about to say. YOU CAN"T FIND BETTER! I picked up the Cherry Charm w/ baby (actually has two babies) and this thing GLOWS under the lights. Took home the "single polyp" Blue Hornet that has two small babies growing out, Wow Pally and another big two polyp "unknown zoa" Tenor had in the back of his tank....can't wait to see what it looks like when he opens! :D

Best seller, best coral.

Thanks Tenor, see you soon!!

How awesome this seller is that he send my beautiful zoas with a family member of his, almost the same moment I place my order.

Thanks Tenor, expect a pm soon for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Just PM'd on the new FS thread, hopefully I'll be the new owner of some Candy Apple Reds, and update on the Orange BamBams I bought a few weeks ago...They are spectacular, super healthy, great polyp extension.

Tenor definately has some of the nicest pieces I've EVER seen! Great seller!

I picked up a few corals from him tonight and all I can say is WOW.. Once again very healthy corals, and a top notch seller! Soon as I got home and acclimated and placed them in the tank ALL of the zoa's opened up! Thanks again for everything! Cant wait for some of the others to grow out so I can swoop up on them!! If you get a chance don't hesitate to purchase from him!

Well, recieved my beautiful Candy Apple Reds and a mystery frag that Tenor is going to ID for me...As far as I know, the Candy Apple Reds stayed open the entire drive home, and didn't even close when I took them out of the bag to put them in my tank...And the other frag opened in the bag while temp-acclimating.

Oh, I almost forgot, I bought a "3p" frag of the Candy Apple Reds, but the frag he gave me had 4p! Surprise! :)

Tenor has amazingly healthy pieces, and stunningly vibrant and colorful. I can't wait till the next FS thread so hopefully I can add to the collection!

Also, the Orange BamBam frag I picked up a few weeks ago that was advertised as 6p (was actually 7+ a baby), well I'm pleased to announce I have at least 2 new baby polyps that have grown on the mat!!!...Woot! Talk about healthy corals, their growth didn't even skip a beat going into my tank...Thanks again Tenor!!

Archived