inTank Media Baskets

Snowflake's Transparent Reef

snowflake ell

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snowflake ell

i had brown algea/ Diatom algeaa for few day then it away now i have a purple algea that looks like Diatom will it go away by it self

surfing and sk8ting is a good way to end spring break

snowflake ell

i have these realy small worms there pink with littel wight dotts on there back and they only stay by the pach of ulva thats groing on my lr

snowflake ell

starting a nother surfboard project ..... and still trying to find a part for my or/di unit .

i will prob stock this after may 6 becouse i will have free time for my tank .

if any one in jersey is going to the beach house board swap i will be there trying to sell matador surfboards

if any one is interasted just give me a heads up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
snowflake ell

good nothing realy changed im going to add some coral soon case i have free time coming up

Jacob042426
good nothing realy changed im going to add some coral soon case i have free time coming up

i want to see piccchhhhurrrss!

• 3 months later...
snowflake ell

whats up nano reef !!!!!

havent been on in a long time so i thought i do alittel update

the tank is doing ok I'm going to get back in to it this fall now that im done with the summer and teaching surf-camp i would like to get ride of some rock or start a nother 5g aio and toss some in case i have the light for it and love the way they look . but my goule is by next summer to save up for a used chiller or a sweet fan to keep the tank cool case i deep the lights off all the time but i still have my all my coral just no knew heads.

oh yea and my car came and i h=going to work on that as well... and i will be working on it this winter to

313028_392890417432111_1059340467_n.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

snowflake ell
sweet car! it looks really nice. how's the 5.5 going?

Thanks dude !

I had to take it down case of a leake but I'm going to start another case I like smaller tanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
snowflake ell

I'm going to add another pice of acrylic to my sump for mechanical filtration and redo my aqua scape,

for the sump i was going to do the mechanical 1st then the refugium or should i do the refugium 1st then the mechanical ?

for the aqua scape I'm going to do two island's, and save the rock i have left over or give it away to some one who wont's it

once every thing settles I'm going to stock it after the holiday's

opinions are well appreciated

snowflake ell

finished with the sump ....

hear what it looks like

way before

P2156610.jpg

P2156609.jpg

P2296663.jpg

before

P1160001_zps74c180bd.jpg

P1160002_zpsce76bbd3.jpg

after

P1160003_zps40c08088.jpg

P1160004_zpsb06ed1c8.jpg

im going to get egg creat and put some filter flose and carbon and stuff like that in it

P1160005_zps9aea0b81.jpg

P1160006_zps16566867.jpg

what do you guy's think ?????

NICE VW, we have a 81' Westfalia Camper van!

Have you stocked this tank? I read earlier in the thread you were going to put to clown gobies together

they'll probably try to kill each other, go with a clown goby, shrimp goby, and one or a pair of neons

snowflake ell
awesome!! good to see you around again, max!

yea man i have been super bizzy with my van and work but im know hear to keep this thing going

NICE VW, we have a 81' Westfalia Camper van!

Have you stocked this tank? I read earlier in the thread you were going to put to clown gobies together

they'll probably try to kill each other, go with a clown goby, shrimp goby, and one or a pair of neons

thanks man, i like the 80's westfalia's are you on the samba?!?!!!?!

no i haven't realy stocked it yet i just have a few coral and snail's .im going to change the aqua scape next week end after the tank settle's from messing with the sump... after i change the aqua scape im gona let it run till after X-mass with just the coral and snail's i have in it.

then im going to stock it with what ever money i have left. im going to try to get all tank breed fish and shrimp or as many take breed criters as i can , even though there more money .

snowflake ell

stocking questing , can i keep a pistol shrimp with other shrimp?

can i keep a pom pomp crab or are they to deltic?

is the tank to big for sexy shrimp?

Depending on the Pistol it should be fine w other shrimp. Sex shrimp will do ok in a larger tank as long as no one eats them and the Pom Pom would do just fine too. Good to see you're back into the tank. How's the coral I traded you doing?

Archived